Martin Lo

mack

That seems consistent with him being subbed in the first half if the NYL game on Wednesday

Wouldn't he need to be stretchered off?

Not always. It would depend on the injury. For example- I've heard that if you partially tear your Achilles, you can't walk on it - but if you completely tear it, you can walk fine. Maybe something similar for the knee.

Sadly I know too much about ****ed up knees…

Unless your ligaments have been totally violated, you can often walk off with a substantial knee injury. Most of the time the biggest I pact is that the joint is no longer stable (and hurts like hell), so you might walk/hobble okay but running or even just quickly changing direction is a risky prospect. We're just used to watching pro footballers be stretchered off as a precaution. I've known weekend warriors who kept playing on damaged knees for half a season until a slot opened up for them at the hospital to get the reconstruction.

Having said that, even minor knee injuries can sometimes get the full brace and crutches treatment because it can speed recovery.

Or his knee is totally ****ed :unknw:

Edited by smp
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm still upset he's been released. :(

sauce?
It hasn't been officially announced by the club but when a player hasn't been offerred another senior deal after his deal expired last year (one of the youth spots) & is now playing NSWPL you sort of connect the dots. It's a shame injury plagued his time & he never quite nailed down one of the spots in youth team.

Shame it wasn't annouced by the club, seems like poor form from my perspective.

• 2 months later...

Nah. Can't do this anymore.

Edit: I actually don't know the context but I really want this kid to get out there.

NAgDnWV.png

And, btw. There's been some mistake.. His thread is in the ex-players sub. Har har! Very funny.. put it back in the players sub. Come on.

Can't help ya.

He posted something about turning 18 y'day.  

1. Big one-eight today! Feeling old 1f601.png

Maybe the injury happen at the U20's camp 

1.  Martin Lo retweeted

Gooodluck to my little brother at the under 20s Australia camp this week ! #proudbrothermoment @Maartylo

• 7 months later...

Playing at Bonnyrigg

its been 20 minutes - is he injured yet? :lol:

but serious, how's he going?

Been playing for u20s and backing up for firsts im pretty sure

Kids a freak, hopefully bulks up abit though

The handful of appearances I saw of him at WSW for NYL, the biggest thing that hurt him was that he was bullied at will off the ball apart from his injury issues that hampered the majority of time with us. Definitely needs to bulk up!

Playing at Bonnyrigg 

its been 20 minutes - is he injured yet? :lol:

but serious, how's he going?

Been playing for u20s and backing up for firsts im pretty sure

Kids a freak, hopefully bulks up abit though 

i agree. there isn't much too him - a bit of bulk would go a long way. also has a very low centre of gravity like messi. was fantastic to watch when i saw him play NYL a season or two ago. 

• 3 years later...