Kearyn Baccus

mack

After arriving back in Sydney after the Feb 2016 pyro party in Melbourne I ended up on the same shuttle bus back to park and fly with Andreu, Dimas and Andres. It was then that I learned about the airport travel arrangements.

Don't know if this is tight arse or not, but wsw players certainly aren't packed in cotton wool. Very different to players of EPL youth academies who have just about everything done for them at a very early age - and being shielded of some realities of life.

After arriving back in Sydney after the Feb 2016 pyro party in Melbourne I ended up on the same shuttle bus back to park and fly with Andreu, Dimas and Andres. It was then that I learned about the airport travel arrangements.

Don't know if this is tight arse or not, but wsw players certainly aren't packed in cotton wool. Very different to players of EPL youth academies who have just about everything done for them at a very early age - and being shielded of some realities of life.

Any extras that the club pays for such as parking fees, are probably considered to be perks under the salary cap. 

Getting an airport system like say a coach to the airport isnt wrapping in cotton wool, it is just commonsense and avoiding **** ups like this.

Any extras that the club pays for such as parking fees, are probably considered to be perks under the salary cap. 

you reckon that's the reason?

It'd make sense I guess - but does anyone know how players from other A-League clubs travel?

Surely it's not a perk under the salary cap. It's like saying the Powerades they drink at halftime would be counted under the cap. A bus to the airport would be a cost of running a professional football club. I guess WSW aren't as professional as we thought.

The "victim" needs to grow a pair. Dobbing to the cops "several days" after wallowing over the incident. The fact that he is "bruised" several days after shows he is a soft cock. 

Anyways, stickerbomb of Duncan Street Arncliffe anyone?  :ninja:

Edited by Case

Clubs can provide moving allowances for visa players (8k I think), so they can furnish their apartments etc, but I'm unaware how general getting to work type expenses are treated under the cap.

All their clothing is provided, so players don't have many work related expenses.

I'd assume players would attempt to declare parking fees etc, as an expense when they do their taxation returns, like a normal P.A.Y.E. taxpayer.

I'm amazed they trust footballers to all get to the airport on time.

This is one of the reasons that it doesn't bother me. They trust them to be adults and take ownership of their lives (maybe misguided trust lol).

So many instances in sport (and life, and business) of players coming together and bonding in different ways, especially when they aren't gifted everything on a platter, and this could be one. 

It seems weird on the surface but what if the players were asked at the start of the season - do you want a team bus, but you have to get to the club at x time, and they just went "nah, we can get there ourselves".

I'll reserve my judgement. Ultimately, there's a million different ways to run a club and the only thing that matters is success. If this story came out in S2 or after ACL win we'd all be proud that we're running the club off the sweat of an oily rag. We'd be saying that it shows we're in touch with our roots and we're keeping the players tough. 

TLDR: Meh.

We should start pushing and testing those limits though...

Tony Popovic backs Kearyn Baccus after his run-in with the law
  • The Australian
  • 12:00AM January 28, 2017

ray_gatt.png

Sports reporter Sydney

Western Sydney coach Tony Popovic and captain Dimas have rallied behind Kearyn Baccus, declaring he is mentally strong enough to cope with the fallout from an incident earlier this month that has seen him in trouble with the law.

Speaking for the first time since it was revealed the talented midfielder had been charged with common assault over an alleged incident near Sydney airport on January 5, Popovic was adamant it would have no effect on the player or his teammates ahead of tonight’s match against Brisbane Roar at Suncorp Stadium.

All indications are Baccus, one of the club’s key players in recent weeks, will start the game despite having a court appearance next month hanging over his head.

While Popovic would not discuss the incident, which revolved around a dispute over parking, he made it clear the 25-year-old, who has denied the allegations, has his full support and that of his teammates and the club.

“It hasn’t affected the player or the team and Kearyn is available for selection,†Popovic said yesterday before training.

“He’s an important player in this squad.

“The club has dealt with it and made a statement and we certainly back the integrity of the player.â€

Dimas was just as adamant there would be no side effects.

“No, no, no,†Dimas said.

“We are strong enough and we are focusing on our game.

“Our training has been focused and we are working hard to see what we can do to beat Brisbane.

“We believe in Kearyn and we support him.â€

Dimas said he had spoken to Baccus and that he was in a good space.

“Of course I speak to him. He is focused on the game,†he said. “He is ready to play and all the team is confident of beating Brisbane.â€

Baccus, who has had a battle trying to secure a regular spot in the Wanderers’ starting XI for the past couple of seasons, is finally fulfilling some of his potential.

He has started seven of the 15 games he has been involved in this season, including the past two.

“We have always held him in high regards in terms of his ability,†Popovic said.

“He is maturing more and more as footballer. I thought he was very, very good against Sydney and thought he improved again against Newcastle last week.

“We are seeing really good signs from him.

“That ability has always been there but he has needed some nurturing and some improvements in parts of his game, but it has slowly come together.â€

The Wanderers face a vital match against a Roar side that has had issues of their own this season.

The Queenslanders have had to cope with constant speculation about the future of a number of players as well as coach John ­Aloisi.

They will lose dynamic attacker Dimi Petratos to Newcastle Jets next season while there is still plenty of conjecture over striker Jamie McLaren, who has started from the bench the past two games and could do so again tonight.

But it is a situation that does not concern Popovic.

“I really don’t know whether it will affect them mentally or not,†he said.

“That’s for them to work out.

“It is all part and parcel of football and I am sure John, Ross (Aloisi, assistant coach) and Craig (Moore, football manager) will handle it.

“We are just looking at ourselves.

“We had a very good win against Newcastle last week and now we want to continue on against a very good Brisbane team.

“It is always a difficult game against them. Suncorp is not an easy place but we can draw confidence from our last appearance there (1-1 draw) and how well we played in the second half.â€

Popovic, meanwhile, confirmed the club was in talks with former Newcastle Jets striker Ryan Griffiths, who is playing with South China in the Hong Kong league.

“We have had numerous discussions with players and Ryan is another one we are looking at,†he said. “We will see in the next day or so if something comes from it.â€

Yeah, he's quiet and doesn't have flashy tattoos or a South American name so people assume he's ****.

To make the most generous analogy in the history of time, it's like saying Iniesta is **** cos he doesn't score many goal. Baccus is basically playing that role for us, and playing it well.

Baccus >>> Iniesta.

another player i was wrong about, every player i thought was **** has turned good and every player i thought would be amazing(Bulut) was terrible

Keep the averages going mate. You are an inspiration to our late season recovery.

next off season when we sign a new player i will say that the player is complete crap and we wont have one bad signing the entire season