Kearyn Baccus

mack

Some folks forget that this is a salary capped league. Having said that I desperately want him to do well as he's from my Junior club. However in recent weeks he's struggled to make an impact on the game but probably had his best starting performance last night. He needs to put in a few more of those though.

He covered a lot of ground yesterday. He is your standard defensive Aussie midfielder. Runs around and breaks up play, very simple play in possession does his job without getting praise. People say he should go, I don't agree I think he is the squaddie every team needs, the person who should go is Pinatares because his is a Baccus clone.

He covered a lot of ground yesterday. He is your standard defensive Aussie midfielder. Runs around and breaks up play, very simple play in possession does his job without getting praise. People say he should go, I don't agree I think he is the squaddie every team needs, the person who should go is Pinatares because his is a Baccus clone.

Not quite. Baccus is better.

Not quite. Baccus is better.

Yep your right Baccus is def better

He had a good game, great ball for the first goal. He gets a lot of stick for losing the ball in the grand final. He's also one of those players that because he isn't a foreign player or has ran thru flare smoke gets a load of criticism and no acknowledgement. (See also sotirio, J)

Nob behind me gave both of them stick all game. "Get kuzikami on!"

Btw I'm sure if somebody goes thru my old posts I'm guilty of it too

What did the nob behind you say when kuzikami came on and lost the ball almost every time?

I moved seats at half time (so I should add I only really know he was doing it until halftime)

I'm a big Baccus fan. If he was a marquee, then yeah, you'd have questions. But for what he's probably on I think he has tremendous value. If anything, I'm worried that some other club might offer him more.

He can be a bit casual at times, but he's got a really good passing range, and drives through midfield like none of our other players can.

I hate to use a cliche, but he seems to be a confidence player. If his first couple of touches in a game are good he tends to have a good game.

Baccus should have shown better conduct but we only know the 'victims' side of the story. In any event, here's the article minus pictures. I didn't want to add the picture showing the 'victims' smug look....

Western Sydney Wanderers star Kearyn Baccus charged with assault

Tom Smithies, Sarah Crawford, Clarissa Bye, The Daily Telegraph

January 27, 2017 12:24pm

WESTERN Sydney Wanderers star Kearyn Baccus has been charged with assaulting an angry resident who says he’s fed up with Baccus and his teammates using his street to park their cars near Sydney Airport to avoid carpark fees.

Baccus is accused of shoving Michael Johnson, 48, in the chest when he confronted him and two other Wanderers players on Duncan St, Arncliffe, on January 5.

It’s believed the players have a habit of parking in backstreets near the airport before catching Ubers in groups in order to avoid paying parking fees at the airport­.

Mr Johnson said he was shocked when Baccus allegedly stood on his toes and shouted “Why don’t you get out of my f…ing face and mind your own business,†before allegedly pushing him forcefully in the chest.

“I thought ‘I can’t believe how stupid you are, you’re in uniform’,†Mr Johnson said.

He said he had already complained to the club about players parking outside his home, but decided to say something when Baccus and two other men in Wanderers’ uniform parked opposite his home ahead of their flight to Melbourne.

“I said it was great to see the Wanderers still using Duncan St as their carpark,†Mr Johnson said.

“Pretty cheeky I know, but we have to say something.â€

He said the driver pointed out there were no signs on the street indicating restricted parking.

He said he continued to argue with the driver when Baccus, who had been a passenger, allegedly said: “Who the f… are you? Why don’t you mind your f … ing business? Why don’t you just f… ing shut up and get out of my f…ing way.â€

Mr Johnson said he told Baccus: “Are you sure you want to be talking like this?â€

Police will allege that was when the assault occurred.

The three then left in an Uber and Mr Johnson rang the club to complain.

He said after receiving no response from the club for several days, and still feeling sore in his bruised chest, he decided to contact police.

Baccus’ lawyer Peter Adams said the 25-year-old denied the allegations.

Having been bailed ahead of a court appearance next month, Baccus was named in the Wanderers squad to face Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night and is expected to travel.

But Football Federation Australia officials are still trying to confirm more details over the alleged altercation near Sydney Airport.

Under the national code of conduct, “commission or charge with criminal conduct†opens the way to a range of penalties including fines and immediate suspension. It’s understood that FFA is unlikely to make a decision until next week, allowing Baccus to play against Brisbane in the immediate term.

Complicating the matter is his scheduled appearance in court on February 28, the day Western Sydney are due to play away in the Asian Champions League that day, most likely against Shanghai SIPG. The court appearance would rule the 25-year-old out of travelling. There are also question marks over whether he will be allowed to leave the country for the away game against Wellington Phoenix next weekend.

Another option for FFA would be to wait for the legal case to run its course, and the response from Western Sydney, before deciding what penalty to apply, if any. For now the Wanderers do not intend to stand Baccus down, and he trained as normal on Thursday morning.

“The Western Sydney Wanderers advise that they are aware of a police matter involving Kearyn Baccus,†the club said in a statement. “The club has spoken to the player with regards to the incident and as the matter has been referred to the court system the club will not be making any further comment.

“The player will be available for selection for this weekend’s match.â€

FFA said that they have asked for more details from the club and police and will then decide how to act. “We need to receive further information before we can decide the appropriate way to proceed,†an FFA spokesman said.

Baccus should have shown better conduct but we only know the 'victims' side of the story. In any event, here's the article minus pictures. I didn't want to add the picture showing the 'victims' smug look....

Western Sydney Wanderers star Kearyn Baccus charged with assault

Tom Smithies, Sarah Crawford, Clarissa Bye, The Daily Telegraph

January 27, 2017 12:24pm

WESTERN Sydney Wanderers star Kearyn Baccus has been charged with assaulting an angry resident who says he’s fed up with Baccus and his teammates using his street to park their cars near Sydney Airport to avoid carpark fees.

Baccus is accused of shoving Michael Johnson, 48, in the chest when he confronted him and two other Wanderers players on Duncan St, Arncliffe, on January 5.

It’s believed the players have a habit of parking in backstreets near the airport before catching Ubers in groups in order to avoid paying parking fees at the airport­.

Mr Johnson said he was shocked when Baccus allegedly stood on his toes and shouted “Why don’t you get out of my f…ing face and mind your own business,†before allegedly pushing him forcefully in the chest.

“I thought ‘I can’t believe how stupid you are, you’re in uniform’,†Mr Johnson said.

He said he had already complained to the club about players parking outside his home, but decided to say something when Baccus and two other men in Wanderers’ uniform parked opposite his home ahead of their flight to Melbourne.

“I said it was great to see the Wanderers still using Duncan St as their carpark,†Mr Johnson said.

“Pretty cheeky I know, but we have to say something.â€

He said the driver pointed out there were no signs on the street indicating restricted parking.

He said he continued to argue with the driver when Baccus, who had been a passenger, allegedly said: “Who the f… are you? Why don’t you mind your f … ing business? Why don’t you just f… ing shut up and get out of my f…ing way.â€

Mr Johnson said he told Baccus: “Are you sure you want to be talking like this?â€

Police will allege that was when the assault occurred.

The three then left in an Uber and Mr Johnson rang the club to complain.

He said after receiving no response from the club for several days, and still feeling sore in his bruised chest, he decided to contact police.

Baccus’ lawyer Peter Adams said the 25-year-old denied the allegations.

Having been bailed ahead of a court appearance next month, Baccus was named in the Wanderers squad to face Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night and is expected to travel.

But Football Federation Australia officials are still trying to confirm more details over the alleged altercation near Sydney Airport.

Under the national code of conduct, “commission or charge with criminal conduct†opens the way to a range of penalties including fines and immediate suspension. It’s understood that FFA is unlikely to make a decision until next week, allowing Baccus to play against Brisbane in the immediate term.

Complicating the matter is his scheduled appearance in court on February 28, the day Western Sydney are due to play away in the Asian Champions League that day, most likely against Shanghai SIPG. The court appearance would rule the 25-year-old out of travelling. There are also question marks over whether he will be allowed to leave the country for the away game against Wellington Phoenix next weekend.

Another option for FFA would be to wait for the legal case to run its course, and the response from Western Sydney, before deciding what penalty to apply, if any. For now the Wanderers do not intend to stand Baccus down, and he trained as normal on Thursday morning.

“The Western Sydney Wanderers advise that they are aware of a police matter involving Kearyn Baccus,†the club said in a statement. “The club has spoken to the player with regards to the incident and as the matter has been referred to the court system the club will not be making any further comment.

“The player will be available for selection for this weekend’s match.â€

FFA said that they have asked for more details from the club and police and will then decide how to act. “We need to receive further information before we can decide the appropriate way to proceed,†an FFA spokesman said.

what a crock of ****.

abusing players for parking on a public street, causing an argument and then sooking when you get pushed in the chest, then talking **** in the papers.

this is absolutely nothing and should get thrown out of court. what a dickhead.

The bloke is an arse hole .

1. Since when aren't you allowed to park on a public street

2. It'll be thrown out very quickly as he will be proven to be the instigator - I mean he started it by coming out and doing whatever he did - Bacchus didn't just swearing at him because the moron asked Bacchus nicely to move his car

And finally - wtf is wrong with the club ?? When I travel interstate for work, my employer pays either for the airport parking or for the cab - given these guys are on the minumum wage and below the average Aust wage, sort it out Tsatsamis

2. It'll be thrown out very quickly as he will be proven to be the instigator - I mean he started it by coming out and doing whatever he did - Bacchus didn't just swearing at him because the moron asked Bacchus nicely to move his car

And finally - wtf is wrong with the club ?? When I travel interstate for work, my employer pays either for the airport parking or for the cab - given these guys are on the minumum wage and below the average Aust wage, sort it out Tsatsamis

Agree. Can't believe the club isn't re-imbursing players for travel costs to the airport for a game (at the least). Whether parking costs or taxi fares.

Someone needs to tell them that they can claim it back from tax.

when you earn 800 a week, you can't afford $100 for 2 nights parking

It's cheaper to park for free on a nearby street , and split a $30 return uber fare as opposed to $300 in parking across the 3 of them

This is an issue the the club - players shouldn't be expected to pay for what is an employer cost

I don't get this. It sounds like a bunch of crap, and the guy is obviously a knob, but would the cops only charge Kearyn if there was evidence?

Like did the guy show his bruised chest to the cops? 

On the cost, it does seem cheap, I'd assume the players get reimbursed by the club but the club want to reimburse the smallest cost possible.

Interesting point Jack.

Exchange that story for another job.

"Commonwealth Bank employee charged...

Senior Financial Advisor John Citizen said "who the **** are you?..."

Yeah pretty sure that's not going anywhere near front page.

Also, why would he not be able to travel to Wellington? Do they think he's a flight risk for punching someone in the chest?

Interesting point Jack.

Exchange that story for another job.

"Commonwealth Bank employee charged...

Senior Financial Advisor John Citizen said "who the **** are you?..."

Yeah pretty sure that's not going anywhere near front page.

Also, why would he not be able to travel to Wellington? Do they think he's a flight risk for punching someone in the chest?

Standard condition of bail is to surrender passport.

Agree. Can't believe the club isn't re-imbursing players for travel costs to the airport for a game (at the least). Whether parking costs or taxi fares.

Can't believe the club doesn't have some kind of airport parking policy considering they are there every ******* week just about. Most clubs around the world would meet up as a team at the training base, have a quick session or discussion and go as a team to the airport on a coach and be dropped there as I assume they all get the same flight out and back. Seems like it is a drive to the airport and park where ever you ******* can at no cost to themselves or the club. 

It doesn't matter if the bloke making the complaint it a chunt or not, it doesn't matter if Baccus did sweet FA, what it does do is reinforce the tight arse culture that seems to be coming out of WSW and also makes us look bloody unorganised and unprofessional.

WSW not running as a professional club right now,

Edited by WSWBoro

I would have thought that at the very least, the team would travel to the airport together. I just assumed that this would be a given.

I'm quite surprised that out club expects the players to find their own way there, and that those players are looking at cheap (or free) parking in ******* side streets.

I just don't know what to make of all this before I start making accusations about our owners being tight bums.

I will say though, it's hardly the example of professionalism we should be projecting if we want to sell our club to higher rated players than Ryan Griffiths.

Example......... Robbie Keane - we'll give you your 2 million Euros a year that you want, but when we play away, you'll have to pay for your own cab charge.

Robbie Keane - Ahhmmm, ok then.

He then gets his manager on the phone to China.

Edited by Wanderboy

I would have thought that at the very least, the team would travel to the airport together. I just assumed that this would be a given.

I'm quite surprised that out club expects the players to find their own way there, and that those players are looking at cheap (or free) parking in ******* side streets.

I just don't know what to make of all this before I start making accusations about our owners being tight bums.

I will say though, it's hardly the example of professionalism we should be projecting if we want to sell our club to higher rated players than Ryan Griffiths.

Exactly, regardless of tight arseness or not, it just comes over as so ******* amateur by the club in my opinion.

See we can thank for the media for bringing this to our attention - it's a non event in terms of what happened but has put spotlight on our cheap arse owners

Notice I said owners and not lederer

I thought I'd save TGYWUW a post correcting me

I'm going get on the birdy birdy tweet tweet app for my random posts offering player drop off and pick up service

Edited by GunnerWanderer