Kearyn Baccus

mack

another player i was wrong about, every player i thought was **** has turned good and every player i thought would be amazing(Bulut) was terrible

Keep the averages going mate. You are an inspiration to our late season recovery.

next off season when we sign a new player i will say that the player is complete crap and we wont have one bad signing the entire season

We're relying on you Goat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/13/2017 at 8:24 PM, StringerBellend said:

People were more down on him than sotirio after the adelaide grand final. He's been boss this year.

Can't see Sotirio undergoing the same transformation.

For the record, not all people were down on him. Just those with an obvious lack of understanding of football.

On 5/2/2016 at 3:50 PM, TehSmileyBandit said:

What a load of ****. I'm sick of bullshit, uninformed, cancerous statements like this from so-called supporters. Yes, you're allowed an opinion. Yes, you're allowed to be critical. Should you frame your opinion in provocative hyperbole such as "done jackshit all season"? Probably, not.

For the record, I wholeheartedly disagree with your opinion, I think Kearyn is an excellent holding midfielder who shows composure on the ball and busts a lung every time he gets an opportunity. 7/10 would re-sign.

On 5/2/2016 at 4:45 PM, mack said:

If tsb wants to be a delusional cheerleader for a 24yo who has done nothing at all to show he is an A-League quality player, he is free to do so.

If he goes to CCM to replace Montgomery I suspect he will flop like Trifiro at City and Kubi at Wellington.

Personally (and there maybe posts were I say otherwise) I thought Baccus showed potential for a while. He's a smart player with good passing range etc. I'll gladly admit to being both surprised and pleased by how much he progressed this year. Gone from squad player with potential to regular starter and one of first names on the team sheet. I think he's going to get better too.. 

In the GF he made a mistake losing the ball, but to be fair we were a goal down with a few minutes so he was trying to play out when it wasn't really on (if we had been a goal up he's have booted that ball down field)

As for Sotirio, I still think there is a player in there somewhere, he has had the odd good game (Sydney Derby #2) and shown he can finish. But and I'm probably being harsh, the performance against Brisbane in the semi was one of the most brainless football performances I have seen.

Sure when you come on as a sub, you are eager to make an impact.. so give away a silly yellow card, but to then knowing you are on a yellow card do pretty much the same thing 5mins later was ridiculous. This and his general decision making seems poor. 

I'd love to be wrong and Sotirio have a breakout season, but I can't see it. 

Aspro, is where its at, he is a smart player

• 4 months later...

Western Sydney midfielder Kearyn Baccus is earning international interest - but his eyes are on derby

YOU don’t tend to hear much from Kearyn Baccus, and he’s not a showy kind of player either. But of all the things that Tony Popovic bequeathed to Western Sydney, Baccus’s maturing into the pivot of the Wanderers midfield is one of the most significant.

His was a career threatening to fizzle out, but Popovic saw enough and persevered. In Saturday’s derby, his role for his team as the link from defence to attack will be key, and underline how he has repaid that perseverance.

“At my age, at 26, it’s really now or never,” Baccus says in his quiet way. “I’ve got to step up at this point, or I might as well not play. I do feel like I’ve matured, and that my game has come on a lot. I can’t say I feel 100 per cent that I’m established in the first team, I’m not sure anyone ever does.

“But I’ve worked hard and I’ll keep working hard, and so far I’ve had the rewards for that.”

Remarkably he has visibly progressed despite the court case hanging over him since January in which he has faced assault charges. On legal advice he can’t discuss it, but the case has been heard, and he and the club await the verdict.

Judges of a different kind have watched him too; despite being rejected last season, South Africa’s national team have kept knocking on his door about representing the country of his birth. All along his loyalty has been to Australia, but in the absence of any contact, his bets have to be hedged.

“At the end of the day I’d love to play for Australia, but I’ve heard nothing and to be honest the Socceroos have a strong team all over the field,” he said. “Of course I’d love to play at a World Cup, so I guess you have to consider anything. But really, at the moment my only focus is Western Sydney.

“I’ve been there for a while, and I definitely feel I have a role to play (in the club’s transition to a new coach). But it comes down to all of us, we have step up as men. It’s not just Robbie (Cornthwaite, the captain), or me, or whoever.

“It was disappointing to see Popa leave, but I understand he wants to better himself, as we all do. It’s a good move for him. But we have to carry on, all of us; we’re fighting for positions but also fighting for Western Sydney.”

That’s an attitude that will play well in the derby, taking on Sydney FC’s midfield of Brandon O’Neill and Josh Brillante. “Both of them have been doing well, and of course me and Herdy (Chris Herd) or whoever gets picked will respect them,” he said. “But it comes down to who wants it more.”

3 hours ago, Carns said:

“At my age, at 26, it’s really now or never,” Baccus says in his quiet way. “I’ve got to step up at this point, or I might as well not play.

This! He needs to go to that next level. His passing is there but he needs to use his speed and agility to take on a man or two that can open up opportunities. So far I don't see enough of this.