Kearyn Baccus

mack

It is incredible, the way his game jumped to another level and across all areas of his game. He went from a player that could come off the bench and do a job, to a starter and a key player for us at DM under the current style possession style. A player that wouldn’t be replaced easily with Australian talent.

It really shows the value with persisting with a youngster when you can see the talent but the pieces haven’t fallen into place. With Popa, as long as you are working hard every day to unlock your potential he would always persist as long as he can see improvement and a greater ceiling. With Kearyn, he has repaid that faith in spades!

21 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Going to be hugely important for us today 

And he was. Speed on commentary actual made mention of Socceroos duty with South Africa always requesting he play for them.

Not sure why Ange would pick a player who hasn't created any chances or scored. He had another decent game, but he had no end product, his shooting was poor and he gave away the ball to start the SFC counter-attack they scored from. Wasn't helped by Roly being invisible for most of the game.

Created a great chance towards the end of the match, which just went over the bar.

His distribution was very good, I enjoy that aspect of his game including those few probing balls through to Risdon I think it was. 

When he has possession it's very hard for the opposition to dispossess him though agreed their goal started from his mistake.

I wanted him to move forward, to take on some players and to open up opportunities and he did it twice on Saturday though I now realise that it's  the type of position that if you stuff up your whole team is affected by and can quickly lead to a counter attack so I can understand why he doesn't push forward too often. 

On 10/22/2017 at 12:56 PM, mack said:

Not sure why Ange would pick a player who hasn't created any chances or scored. He had another decent game, but he had no end product, his shooting was poor and he gave away the ball to start the SFC counter-attack they scored from. Wasn't helped by Roly being invisible for most of the game.

Ange picks Brad Smith repeatedly.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Talented midfielder Kearyn Baccus is not expected to be part of the Western Sydney squad to play Central Coast Mariners on Saturday with the club looking at disciplinary action after he refused to play against Perth Glory last week.

The Australian can reveal Baccus, who was part of the squad and flew over with the team two days before the match in Perth, opted to withdraw after having a request for a move to an overseas club correctly refused by the Wanderers.

It is believed he approached the club the day before the game seeking the move to Asia despite being only six months into a new two year deal.

Wanderers chief executive John Tsatsimas confirmed “there was an issue” with Baccus last weekend.

“There was an issue that came up with Kearyn but we are dealing with it internally and will not make any further comment other than we look forward to Kearyn being a vital part of the club for the rest of the season and our vital finals campaign,” Tsatsimas told The Australian.

Baccus is regarded as one of the best prospects in Australian soccer and was touted as a possible Socceroo last year following a string of outstanding performances for the club.

However, he has lost some consistency this season and has struggled to maintain a regular starting spot with his brother Keanu being preferred instead, at times, by coach Josep Gombau.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Ken said:

Where's Kearyn these days? Is he getting the popa, I mean Gombau treatment? 

Apparently demanded to be released during the January transfer window to sign overseas. Club refused, he had a sook and has been getting the treatment since (bar one game where we needed a CM due to injury/suspension). Nothing official, just rumour.

• 6 months later...