Squad Development S3 Part 2

This week Ins & outs from the FFA have the following:

Unavailable: 34.Golgol MEBRAHTU (knee – indefinite), 18.Iacopo La Rocca (injured – 2 weeks), 17.Romeo CASTELEN (injured – 1 week)

So La Rocca out for another 2 weeks and Castelen 1 week.  It seems like Adeleke has very little time to find a new club.

La Rocca was listed as 2 weeks last week....I hope the rumours of him moving on aren't true.

Pretty sure he is actually injured as you need a doctor to put in a report in order to get an injury replacement approved by the FFA. Could always move on at end of the season though!

La Rocca was listed as 2 weeks last week....I hope the rumours of him moving on aren't true.

Pretty sure he is actually injured as you need a doctor to put in a report in order to get an injury replacement approved by the FFA. Could always move on at end of the season though!

In the press conference at Penrith Popa said that "bodies are starting to come back" within weeks and mentioned Castelen and La Rocca.

Yeah but remember last season when Minniecon got "injured" and never seen again...

La Rocca is first team guaranteed starter and Tahj was behind Kubi in the pecking order (who was behind bridge, Hersi , Santa and Labinot). It was no surprise after struggling with injury in season one, then after coming back mid year in season 2 before getting another season ending injury that he was let go at the end of the season. I'd be more worried about some like Gol Gol who had been cleared by the surgeon at the end of November and despite being one of the fittest in our squad hasn't seen the first team (not even the bench) at all especially with our depth in that position.

Edited by Prydzopolis

Yeah but remember last season when Minniecon got "injured" and never seen again...

La Rocca is first team guaranteed starter and Tahj was behind Kubi in the pecking order (who was behind bridge, Hersi , Santa and Labinot). It was no surprise after struggling with injury in season one, then after coming back mid year in season 2 before getting another season ending injury that he was let go at the end of the season. I'd be more worried about some like Gol Gol who had been cleared by the surgeon at the end of November and despite being one of the fittest in our squad hasn't seen the first team (not even the bench) at all especially with our depth in that position.

"Season ending injury". Hmm

minnie had quality highlights when he was on. so unfortunate with injury.

http://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/article/wanderers-and-adeleke-agree-termination/in4p57fibdhz15kye5hqex6ol

Adeleke GONE

Wanderers and Adeleke agree termination Friday, 13 February 2015 
We have today parted ways with and defender Seyi Adeleke by mutual consent with the termination of the player’s contract effective immediately.

The Nigerian defender signed for us in August 2014 and made six appearances in the Hyundai A-League and FIFA Club World Cup.

Adeleke has departed the Club with immediate effect.

ENDS

Read more at http://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/article/wanderers-and-adeleke-agree-termination/in4p57fibdhz15kye5hqex6ol#pjCBdWGM5fIZXSX8.99

Current status:

Updated 13/2/15

Asian Champions League Group Stage Contract (not included in tallies below)
Kerem Bulut
Nick Kalmar
Yusuke Tanaka

Asian Champions League + Future Full Team Deal (not included in tallies below)
Kearyn Baccus (ACL 2014/15, A-League 2015/16 & 2016/17)

Expiring End 2014/15
Ante Covic
Antony Golec
Brendan Hamill
Iacopo La Rocca (foreign)
Jason Trifiro
Jaushua Sotirio
Martin Lo
Nikita Rukavytsya
Sam Gallaway
Tomi Juric
Yianni Perkatis
Yojiro Takahagi (foreign)

Expiring End 2015/16
Alusine Fofanah (First Team U21 Contract)
Brendon Santalab
Daniel Alessi (First Team U21 Contract)
Dean Bouzanis
Golgol Mebrahtu
Labinot Haliti
Mateo Poljak (foreign)
Matthew Spiranovic
Romeo Castelen (foreign)
Shannon Cole

Expiring End 2016/17
Mark Bridge
Nikolai Topor-Stanley

Squad Caps:
21 of 23 First Team Players
3 of 3 Under 21 Contracted Players
24 of 26 Total Contracted Players

Special Player Limitations (As part of overall squad cap)
4 of 5 Foreign Players (1 foreign position may be removed after 2014/15)
? of 1 Marquee Position (Wage not included in Salary Cap)
1 of 1 Australian Marquee Position (Wage not included in Salary Cap)

Tanaka to move to the A-League squad permanently I take it?

That'd be hard on Kalmar who's looked good apart from the one lapse at City. Still, a nice position for Popa to be in I suppose, being able to choose between two quality players

afaik Mebrahtu is back training with the squad, not sure about Baccus.

Can someone back me up on this, did anyone else see something that Baccus had an ankle injury? As with all WSW related injury news, everything is hush hush and Getting information out of Popa is like getting blood from a stone.

Can someone back me up on this, did anyone else see something that Baccus had an ankle injury? As with all WSW related injury news, everything is hush hush and Getting information out of Popa is like getting blood from a stone.

Quite amazing that nothing has been said/leaked about the status of Baccus for almost two months now.

I was at a NYL game earlier this year and he had his ankle in a massive cast, while on crutches - so I'd say that ankle injury is accurate.

I was at a NYL game earlier this year and he had his ankle in a massive cast, while on crutches - so I'd say that ankle injury is accurate.

I thought I read somewhere he might be out for the season but I can't find it now.

It will be hard for Bulut to make an impact in the ACL if that's all plays. No doubt he'll be coming off the bench and playing with a team he has never played with in a match situation other than training and expected to hopefully make a difference. Then  he sits out the HAL games until the next ACL and so on. Not ideal.

Edited by beatsurrender