FIFA: Hotbed of Corrupt Criminals

We had better get a new vote for the 2022 World Cup

We won't. That oil tanker ship has sailed, as it has for Russia 2018. If anyone tried to take the hosting rights way from either of these venues FIFA would be sent broke quicker than you can say 'Blatter got a backhander' by the lawyers and associated vested interests who bought those World Cup Finals in the first place. Like Faust found out when he made his deal with Mephistopheles, when you sell your soul you can't argue for its return because you've changed.

The only time in recent memory major events like these have had a change of venue is when Colombia pulled out of hosting the 1986 World Cup Finals and Mexico stepped in, and back in 1976 the Winter Olympics had to be moved to Innsbruck after Denver withdrew from hosting.

Perhaps what might be more profitable in the long run for world football would be a Qatar 2022 that is a failure. Tourists and fans stay away due to the problems inherent with the social and political set up of the host nation, Political pressure focused on the 'slave labour' used to build the venues continues to be applied. The best players don't go due to their own personal reasons and/or the clubs (mostly UEFA) telling them they shouldn't go. That'd do more to destroy the ancien regime that Blatter and Platini built than simply taking the finals off that semi-feudal centre for corruption and human rights abuses.

We won't. That oil tanker ship has sailed, as it has for Russia 2018. If anyone tried to take the hosting rights way from either of these venues FIFA would be sent broke quicker than you can say 'Blatter got a backhander' by the lawyers and associated vested interests who bought those World Cup Finals in the first place. Like Faust found out when he made his deal with Mephistopheles, when you sell your soul you can't argue for its return because you've changed.

The only time in recent memory major events like these have had a change of venue is when Colombia pulled out of hosting the 1986 World Cup Finals and Mexico stepped in, and back in 1976 the Winter Olympics had to be moved to Innsbruck after Denver withdrew from hosting.

Perhaps what might be more profitable in the long run for world football would be a Qatar 2022 that is a failure. Tourists and fans stay away due to the problems inherent with the social and political set up of the host nation, Political pressure focused on the 'slave labour' used to build the venues continues to be applied. The best players don't go due to their own personal reasons and/or the clubs (mostly UEFA) telling them they shouldn't go. That'd do more to destroy the ancien regime that Blatter and Platini built than simply taking the finals off that semi-feudal centre for corruption and human rights abuses.

A fan boycott would be brilliant.

It's worked before, apparently. :)

Edited by Wanderboy

So it seems that Blatter & Platini were done for "unethical behaviour" as opposed to "bribes & corruption"

Prepare this to be a strung out process, they will both fight this tooth & nail. I guess the promising outcome is that Platini & Blatter will be removed from there position as president of UEFA & FIFA.

I'm still skeptical, to think this was the straw that broke the camels back seems bizarre to me, this has to be the dodgiest thing both of these guys have done? Incredible! I'm also skeptical to think whether this will bring about change, I need to see the proof in the pudding before I believe anything out of FIFA. Cutting off the head of the snake is a start but they have a long way to go!

Blatter the misunderstood:

"I am still the president ... I will fight for myself and FIFA ... And yes, I will come back."

Don't bother.

See how he reckoned the ethics committee had no right to do what it did to 'the FIFA president' (i.e. him) and those higher ups (i.e. Platini, and by association all the ExCo filth)...

It was the most rambling, confused, delusional press conference given since Arnie reckoned the pen against Faty was criminal... :ninja:

Have hope.

An illegal contract is null and void. Might be too late to redo Russia but Qatar 2022 getting taken away would be great.

If you sit back and look objectively, the USA was clearly the best bid. And a 28 year gap between hosting is reasonable...

Blatter the misunderstood:

"I am still the president ... I will fight for myself and FIFA ... And yes, I will come back."

Don't bother.

See how he reckoned the ethics committee had no right to do what it did to 'the FIFA president' (i.e. him) and those higher ups (i.e. Platini, and by association all the ExCo filth)...

It was the most rambling, confused, delusional press conference given since Arnie reckoned the pen against Faty was criminal... :ninja:

It was certainly delusional.

Mrs Wanderboy watched part of it with me, and that was the word she used.

What blows me away is he's also soooo in denial. He has NO shame. Cannot see that the way he played the game was wrong. He believes he was the best thing to happen to the world game, and that this cannot happen to a person like him, and that nobody, yes NOBODY has the right to treat him like this. That says it all.

The look on his face at the Asian Cup Final when he was introduced and booed was priceless and that told me so much. Wendy has touched on that.

The guy is a merkin of the highest order.

It's just a shame that he isn't younger, so he could suffer his shame for longer.

At least Platini will be.

Ethics committee schmethics committee.

They only reason that they have hung Blatter out to dry is that he was already a dead duck after the yanks came after him. They probably only included Platini to appease the Africans, Asians and South Americans that Blatter has been currying favour with throughout his time.

Blatter needs to be locked up, and FIFA torn down, for this to be resolved properly.

The latest: TWG

Suspended FIFA president Sepp Blatter has seemingly called it quits after revealing "I've finished my work in football".

Source: Omnisport

23 DEC 2015 - 3:46 PM UPDATED 3 HOURS AGO

Defiant Blatter 'not ashamed' as he prepares to fight FIFA ban

Sepp Blatter was sorry for damage caused to FIFA by the eight-year football bans handed to himself and Michel Platini but continued to vehemently protest his innocence at a Monday media conference.

Blatter and Platini receive eight year bans from FIFA

FIFA's ethics committee have banned Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini, the two most powerful men in world football, for eight years from all football-related activities in verdicts announced Monday.

Blatter's comments come after he confirmed he would appeal his eight-year ban from football, a suspension handed down by the FIFA Ethics Committee on Monday as a result of an alleged "disloyal payment" in 2011.

The 79-year-old and UEFA counterpart Michel Platini both received bans of eight years after being cleared of corruption charges, though the former could not demonstrate "a legal basis for this payment" to the Frenchman four years ago.

Blatter was defiant following the verdict, which he labelled "unjust" while questioning the validity of the judgement under Swiss law.

But in an interview with The Wall Street Journal in Zurich on Tuesday, the outgoing president said: "I've finished my work in football.

"I lost faith in our organization on May 27 with this intervention by American law enforcement. And the same day it presented FIFA as a mafia-type organization.

"I spent 40 years at FIFA. It doesn't bother me to talk about the past, because the past was more brilliant for me than the future."

Along with the eight-year ban, Blatter was fined $70,000 compared to Platini's $110,000.

"He's a little more expensive than I am," Blatter said. "But this is nonsense. According to Swiss law, to suspend someone for eight years, you must have committed a murder or a bank robbery."

Blatter also touched on Qatar's successful bid to host the 2022 World Cup, which has been tarnished by allegations of corruption.

The United States was initially preferred by Blatter and Platini until the latter reportedly changed his mind and backed Qatar following an alleged meeting with then-France president Nicolas Sarkozy and Qatari officials.

Of Platini, Blatter claimed: "'[He said] Careful. If we vote for Qatar, the next day everyone will say that FIFA sold itself out.' He told me that.

"And then a week later, he says something changed. Since I've been at FIFA, the World Cup has always been allocated on the recommendation - if not more - of governments."

Swiss hand over evidence to US authorities in FIFA case

Dec. 30, 2015 9:42 AM EST

1 photo

Sports Quirks

FILE - In this Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2015 file photo, Krissi Reeves looks at a display at the Mob... Read more

BERN, Switzerland (AP) — Swiss authorities handed over bank documents related to the FIFA corruption scandal to their American counterparts on Wednesday.

The Federal Office of Justice said the package of evidence will be used in the criminal investigation against several soccer officials suspected of bribery and other offenses.

"It relates to bank accounts allegedly used for bribes connected with the grant of marketing rights to soccer tournaments in Latin America and the USA," the Swiss office said in a statement.

Records related to sports marketing agency ISL have also been requested. The FOJ said the documents they have are being reviewed to determine if they are relevant to the American investigation.

Sponsored Links

14 Tasty Foods That Burn Calories Quickly

Burnin' Fat

12 Celebrities Who Support Donald Trump

Trending Ninjas

The American probe into the ISL scandal, which plunged FIFA into crisis at the time, is believed to be targeting suspended FIFA President Sepp Blatter. ISL was found to have routinely bribed top sports officials, including Blatter predecessor Joao Havelange, before collapsing into criminal bankruptcy in 2001.

Earlier this month, Blatter was suspended for eight years by the FIFA ethics committee in a separate case. UEFA President Michel Platini was also suspended.

The Swiss authorities also said they froze $80 million in assets in 13 bank accounts. They said they will remain frozen until legal proceedings have been concluded.

"The U.S. authorities can apply to have these assets handed over if they have a legally valid and enforceable seizure ruling from a U.S. court," the FOJ said.

FIFA has said it is cooperating to provide "all relevant information" to the ongoing American and Swiss investigations.

The Swiss also said four men in their custody, some of them arrested in May during an early morning raid at a luxury Zurich hotel, continue to oppose extradition to the United States.

• 1 month later...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/11/fifa-five-presidential-candidates-miami-concacaf

What can save FIFA? If you tear it down how do you start again without the dirty politics? Is that even possible?

Impossible, the power vacuum would be too great. I think we need new leadership at FIFA, issue will be that the new leadership will come from the level below the Plantini's, Blazer's & Blatters who have grown up being complicit in the corrupt practices of FIFA over the past 30 odd years.

REALLY good article on how the FBI turned Chuck Blazer and brought FIFA to its knees

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/14767250/the-exclusive-story-how-feds-took-fifa

:golecapproves:

Hells bells what a great read!

This graphic says it all:

Cb5nZLBUYAAIDlR.png

And what about this bit with Westfield Frank being taped by Chuck:

Cb5n4LvUAAAv0_M.png

One would assume that Frank let out a few secrets or suspicions that led the FBI to certain FIFA execs' hotel rooms, and/or the Australian bid was more sinned against than sinning...