Nick Kalmar

Date Of Birth: 10/15/1987
Nation: Australia
Birthplace: Melbourne, Australia
Squad Number: 33
Position: Central Midfield
Secondary Positions:

Joined Wanderers: 12/27/2014
Contract Details: Injury replacement contract for Brendon Santalab & Kearyn Baccus
Contract Finish: 2014/15
Previous Club: Melbourne City
Wanderers Debut: 1st January 2015 vs Central Coast Mariners

Wanderers A-League Appearances: 10
Wanderers A-League Goals: 1

Wanderers ACL Appearances: 3
Wanderers ACL Goals: 0

Wanderers FFA Cup Appearances: 0
Wanderers FFA Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Club World Cup Appearances: 0
Wanderers Club World Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Total Appearances: 13
Wanderers Total Goals: 2

Yearly Appearances & Goals: 2014/15: 13 (2)

International Team: Australia
International Caps: 0
International Goals: 0

Club Exit Date: 05/16/2015

Individual Awards:

Team Honours:

Highlight: Score his first goal for the Wanderers against Melbourne Victory in Round 14, Season 2014/15 on 6/1/2015.
Highlight:
Highlight:

Description: Kalmar spent the majority of his football career in the Victorian State League system, before being scouted and signed by Melbourne Heart in 2010. He made 69 appearances for the club, now known as Melbourne City, before being released on Boxing Day 2015 to join the Wanderers after Kearyn Baccus was hurt in training. Despite a solid set of matches his contract was not renewed.

View full record

i remember in the other thread when he was announced that i said he good pickup when others were scratching their heads a little, great to see he did well. 

Now I'll say the reason I think wasn't too successfully at Heart/City from what I remember. He was largely inconsistent for much of his career - but he showed some real hunger - hopefully can continue, provided much needed depth in CM. Can also strike a ball as well.

Brilliant touch, really encouraging debut.

That one move in the first half where he combined with Bridge and Ruka and got into the box...haven't seen us play like that for a long time.

I actually thought the same. 'This is very unwaderers like'.

We need those changes as were too predictable. Even opponents know where and when to move before our players pass the ball as we always play the same way.

Popa's reaction to the bicycle kick was priceless(anyone able to make that into a gif), did well out there and has good physical presence in midfield which is what eere lacking. Not bad.

There were several times the camera cut to him and he was clapping and smiling even.

Therefore, he's obviously not too fussed - the goals just aren't coming at the moment, but they'll come soon.

Broke the goal-scoring drought with a good shot - he's not a natural number ten but he can hold the ball up alright, seems to control the ball well at the feet and can pass well enough. I think he'll do nicely at the #10. Not super flash, not terrible but... I think he'll do nicely.

And if he can shoot from distance as well, that'd be awesome!