Fan Forum

I know not all agree, but given its been 16(?) months since we had a fan forum with our club and given everything going on at the moment I think it's time for a A and A with the club, including tsatsimis and owners (Lederer).

Come on Wanderers, make it happen.

It was an ear mark of the club under lyall Gorman, can't see it happening under the current administration. Hopefully if the club is put up for sale for part fan ownership, they'll have to become accountable to the members and we will be able to have many fan forums!!

I think the idea of a Fan Forum would be great. I was at the airport when the boys came back with the ACL trophy, I had an opportunity to speak with Paul Ledderer, was impressed. He said to me he would not change something that did not need fixing and he wanted to leave a legacy eg a club premises and an expanded new stadium, also he got emotional on what the Wanderers meant to him. I truly believe he absolutely is in love with the Wanderers.

But I believe we need a forum to clear the air on what our new owners goals are on & off the pitch, but also for us to give feedback as we had done in the previous forums so that the owners really get a personal message what the diehard supporters expect from them.

Weren't we conceived on the idea that the club is a community based club for the people of Western Sydney??

I think a fan forum would be a good idea.

It would be good to discuss topics unrelated to the team's performance

Issues that come to mind are:

• Communication (emails to Members)
  • Haphazard deliver of membership packs
  • Range of merchandise e.g no ladies' away kits
  • The North Rocks shop - is it a success?, will it return next season?
  • Buy Back scheme for tickets
  • Haphazard release of extra tickets to WSW home games
  • Location of future "community round" games
  • Al Nassr - specifically does tweeting about them mean that we have an "alliance"?
  • Switching off the music just before kick off
  • Shorts - Black or White
  • Recognition of free transport bonus for members - can the club help Sydney Trains to instruct staff that members can travel for free on game day?

<p>

• Al Nassr - specifically does tweeting about them mean that we have an "alliance"?
  • Recognition of free transport bonus for members - can the club help Sydney Trains to instruct staff that members can travel for free on game day?

Great question list.

I didn't realise that it had been quite so long since the last forum. Hopefully the new owners aren't deliberatly trying to avoid it and one will go ahead in the near future.

Admin: I have received a reply.

It is a positive one.

I have no further information to provide beyond that and nothing should read into this response in terms of concrete plans, facts or time frames at this stage.

Either myself or the club reps will advise an update when more information comes to hand.

It is a positive one.

I have no further information to provide beyond that and nothing should read into this response in terms of concrete plans, facts or time frames at this stage.

Either myself or the club reps will advise an update when more information comes to hand.

Looking forward to following your tweets with the updates on what's said, during it.  :good:

It is a positive one.

Looking forward to following your tweets with the updates on what's said, during it.  :good:

Many thanks Mack, not that something will definitely happen but glad to know that the club sees the fans aren't happy with certain aspects of how the club is run and is happy to look into ways of answering those questions. To tell you the truth, I wasn't so sure anything was going to happen!
  • 4 months later...

I know not all agree, but given its been 16(?) months since we had a fan forum with our club and given everything going on at the moment I think it's time for a A and A with the club, including tsatsimis and owners (Lederer).

Come on Wanderers, make it happen.

I feel like this is my only useless post ever.

• 2 weeks later...

could someone who's going to this ask that the music be turned off 5 minutes before kick off

I saw a Copa90 ep on St Pauli and they turn off the pa and other music 5 minutes before kickoff every game. They do this to create a good football atmosphere. What a crazy idea huh? Who would have thought that the fans could create an atmosphere without the wonderful assistance of obsurdly loud music and highly professional ground announcers?

trains are usually pretty good especially at Parramatta Station now, 

It's buses that are useless..

Are buses free just on the routes going to Parramatta?

Or is it for all bus routes, 

like lets say I can't be bothered to walk to the train station and I catch the bus there instead, is that for free??

Because the busways drivers in Blacktown never let me on for free, I just gave up and use my opal card anyway

trains are usually pretty good especially at Parramatta Station now, 

It's buses that are useless..

Are buses free just on the routes going to Parramatta?

Or is it for all bus routes, 

like lets say I can't be bothered to walk to the train station and I catch the bus there instead, is that for free??

Because the busways drivers in Blacktown never let me on for free, I just gave up and use my opal card anyway

I am pretty sure you can only use your membership card on game days and only to the game and back home, no diff directions

But when I catch the bus, I am going in that direction, 
I am going from the corner of my street to the train station....

Ever since the opal card came out I haven't tried to get on for free so I don't know if it has changed or not..

Or maybe I just shouldn't be so freaken lazy and just walk lol

But when I catch the bus, I am going in that direction, 

I am going from the corner of my street to the train station....

Ever since the opal card came out I haven't tried to get on for free so I don't know if it has changed or not..

Or maybe I just shouldn't be so freaken lazy and just walk lol

Yes, it should be free.

No, the Opal card makes no difference at all.

You're throwing your money away by using the Opal card.

Be stingier - and take note of the bus route, time, bus number & the driver's reference - and forward the information to the club & the relevant bus company. 

The bus drivers & companies should know better.

Take a photo of his ID that is at the top and tell him it is free, and tell him you are reporting him

if it is a Hills Bus (formerly known as Westbus) and it is from Seven Hills, good luck, the management there are the worst, the place could literally fall apart and they won't do anything about it

I've been told on several occasions that hillsbus/westbus is not a public bus company so therefore there is no free transport for any ticket, pass or membership. The only time you get free transport with them is if it is an actual special event bus, for example to Homebush for Easter show, any ANZ big games etc. I hardly catch the bus very often but I have fought with the drivers at length about it every time that I have. Most of them don't even have a clue what I'm talking about at first anyway.

As far as I'm concerned that's an absolute load of bullshit, if I'm getting on a bus with other people that I don't know that is heading to the general vicinity of the stadium, that's public transport. I don't care if the company is public or private.

For the first season Hillsbus (etc.) were not included with the free public transport.

But I do recall hearing that from Season Two onwards, they were included. 

What's the worst thing that can happen? I'm pretty sure bus drivers don't have the authority to kick you out, they just need to drive (Am I wrong in assuming this?). There are transit officers that must ensure you comply with having tickets or whether you have swiped your Opal card correctly (the existence of these officers in areas out of the city is as mythical as that of Yeti). Jus tell him to keep calm and let you hop on the bus.

What's the worst thing that can happen? I'm pretty sure bus drivers don't have the authority to kick you out, they just need to drive (Am I wrong in assuming this?). There are transit officers that must ensure you comply with having tickets or whether you have swiped your Opal card correctly (the existence of these officers in areas out of the city is as mythical as that of Yeti). Jus tell him to keep calm and let you hop on the bus.

Drivers do have the right to remove anyone from their bus if they choose. However, there are regulations around abandoning people, etc.

Transit officers used to patrol train stations (occasionally major bus interchanges) but have since been replaced by the NSW Police as it's the cheaper option.