Sign in to follow this  
mack

No Victory Against Victory

For those sitting in the east stand - I heard a rumour from friends in bay 69 that there was a fight amongst the victory supporters tonight. Is this true? :)

Yeh they had tanks with them

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

What's the feeling? Can we still make the 6?  Looking very hard now, City are 12 points ahead currently in 6th and we have one game in hand.

We are very close to writing off the season if we aren't there yet.  On the plus side, outside the top 4 the rest don't look in any shape to string a number of wins together so if we find some white hot form post break sneaking in at 6 isn't an impossibility yet.

What's the feeling? Can we still make the 6?  Looking very hard now, City are 12 points ahead currently in 6th and we have one game in hand.

We should be building for next season now. More of Kuzmanovski, Alessi, Perkatis, Sortirio, Fofanah etc. Less of Bridge, Cole, Haliti, Golec etc. Mix these young guys in with the other established players like Kalmar, Ruka, Topor, Spira and Hamill. Bring in 2 or 3 new players in the transfer window to replace Saba and Adeleke. A striker, a creative midfielder and a left back.

One of the problems last night was that Ruka was getting through the line a lot, but the likes of Haliti and Bridge never gave him support or an option to pass to. We need forwards who can get away from their markers. Ruka was a one man forward last night. He needs better support.

Anyway what I said probably won't happen lol.

RBB (and the crowd generally) were MOM.

Victory played well but it was a thoroughly entertaining (and finally exciting) game that could have gone either way. The best since the first half of the derby.

As for Saba, he is an an enigma wrapped in a riddle surrounded by a mystery!  he seemed quite happy last night in the stands, but then after all, he is in Sydney for summer, has his girlfriend with him, he's getting paid and not having to work!!

I think that sums up his attitude quite well and one that wouldn't fit well with Popa. I suspect Saba is the kind of guy who arrived thinking what a great gig this was, strikes me as the kid of guy that would rather be at the Bondi Icebergs bar on a +30c day with his girl day rather than doing circuits out at Blacktown. Perhaps he arrived thinking he was bigger and better than he was and he would blag his way through whilst having a great time. But we don't know the specifics of course, but we are badly missing the creativity he could offer and so the whole team and fans suffer,

5th and 6th are still available to us. There are 39 points to play for and we have to play city twice. No reason why we can't do it then go and and fluke the playoffs. But we've got to gel in this few weeks off, come back and play like we can. There is no way this team is as bad as the league position suggests. We're asian champions. :-)

5th and 6th are still available to us. There are 39 points to play for and we have to play city twice. No reason why we can't do it then go and and fluke the playoffs. But we've got to gel in this few weeks off, come back and play like we can. There is no way this team is as bad as the league position suggests. We're asian champions. :-)

Ask yourself, "can this team win 9 or 10 out of the 13 games remaining".

I did, realisticly thought no but then my mind just drifted back to our first season.

Even better,  there are 45 points still to play for, 15 games.

I did, realisticly thought no but then my mind just drifted back to our first season.

I think we have to get over that first season as it will most likely never happen again. We don't have the same players, nor will teams ever underestimate us again.

The way it's shaping up it may be "only" 7 or 8 required (out of 15, not 13).  City look like they will stagger over the line but the smurfs are playing terribly and getting worse week to week.  Jets and CCM are Jets and CCM, nuff said.  That leaves the roar as the likely team we will have to overtake if we are to make the 6, They have an 8 points start so we have a lot of catching up but not an impossibility.  This of course assumes that we get our act together and start actually winning games.

Edited by TheDugong

Lowest points total anyone has qualified in 6th is 32. On current trend that looks like it's going to be enough this year as well. So that's 10 wins, 4 of which must be against Roar and City. Then there's the jets twice, Mariners away are beatable and smurfs at home. That's 8. We'll surely beat Wellington this time so that will need us to beat Perth at home in the last game to seal 6th place. We win 2-0 and the whole place goes crazy.

Dare to dream.

Edit: sorry about the maths. Yep 15 games, that's even better.

Edited by wswclaret

Lowest points total anyone has qualified in 6th is 32. On current trend that looks like it's going to be enough this year as well. So that's 10 wins, 4 of which must be against Roar and City. Then there's the jets twice, Mariners away are beatable and smurfs at home. That's 8. We'll surely beat Wellington this time so that will need us to beat Perth at home in the last game to seal 6th place. We win 2-0 and the whole place goes crazy.

Dare to dream.

This is like in England when your team sits in like 14th -10th place in the championship and you start doing the maths to work out how to sneak in to the play offs. One team ALWAYS goes on a run and comes from nowhere to make the play offs, but ultimately the gap proves too much as the margin for error becomes so small and smaller as the games tick by. We have given ourselves on hell of a task but one we are capable of achieving if we **** stop shooting ourselves in the foot off the pitch and get some team spirit back. Because for all the spirit they might show on the pitch and the words they say after the game I suspect team spirit has been pretty shitty this last month or so.

Dare to dream.

This is like in England when your team sits in like 14th -10th place in the championship and you start doing the maths to work out how to sneak in to the play offs. One team ALWAYS goes on a run and comes from nowhere to make the play offs, but ultimately the gap proves too much as the margin for error becomes so small and smaller as the games tick by. We have given ourselves on hell of a task but one we are capable of achieving if we **** stop shooting ourselves in the foot off the pitch and get some team spirit back. Because for all the spirit they might show on the pitch and the words they say after the game I suspect team spirit has been pretty shitty this last month or so.

Been there. Done that. Got promoted. Twice. :-)

SO next game will be massive. City away. Can't afford to lose that (or draw really)

SO next game will be massive. City away. Can't afford to lose that (or draw really)

A must win game..... for the momentum we would need to get things rolling.

Time for a change in management and i would prefer someone from overseas so there's no politics in player selection and who has good scouting experience. 

Dare to dream.

It's the managers job to work out what's realistic, work on rebuilding and recruiting and strategising and all that.  It's our job as fans to work out ways we can sneak into the finals regardless of how we have performed to date :)  Either that or we break out the "we lose every week..." chant.

RBB (and the crowd generally) were MOM.

Victory played well but it was a thoroughly entertaining (and finally exciting) game that could have gone either way. The best since the first half of the derby.

As for Saba, he is an an enigma wrapped in a riddle surrounded by a mystery!  he seemed quite happy last night in the stands, but then after all, he is in Sydney for summer, has his girlfriend with him, he's getting paid and not having to work!!

I think that sums up his attitude quite well and one that wouldn't fit well with Popa. I suspect Saba is the kind of guy who arrived thinking what a great gig this was, strikes me as the kid of guy that would rather be at the Bondi Icebergs bar on a +30c day with his girl day rather than doing circuits out at Blacktown. Perhaps he arrived thinking he was bigger and better than he was and he would blag his way through whilst having a great time. But we don't know the specifics of course, but we are badly missing the creativity he could offer and so the whole team and fans suffer,

Couldn't have put it better myself !!

Must get my wife to put some bets on next time. She said 0-0 against the Mariners, she was right. She said 2-1 Victory last night, she was right again... :(

Must get my wife to put some bets on next time. She said 0-0 against the Mariners, she was right. She said 2-1 Victory last night, she was right again... :(

So what does she think about the top 6..??

Can I suggest gaffa tape over her mouth next time she is about to predict a WSW game! ;)

Time for a change in management and i would prefer someone from overseas so there's no politics in player selection and who has good scouting experience. 

:smurfnono:  :smurfnono:  :smurfnono:  :smurfpoint:  :smurfpoint:  :smurfpoint:  :cheeky:

We'll make the 6. All we need to do is focus on our final third. Tune up that final execution and I think we have an awesome team. It's been luck that's working against us a lot of the time.

Let's keep our spirits high.

I just don't think we have the players to make the six. I think people are getting a litttle too excited by this Melb Victory performance. We were desperate last night, whereas they are going through the grind of the middle of the season right now. They will improve again towards the end of the season, and that was nowhere near their best performance. We gave everything we had, but still weren't good enough.

She said 7th... 4 points out of the 6. She kicked my back side in the World Cup tipping too :(

we looked alot better, dont know why we start cole and golec, they get beaten everytime and just ball watch, only react after the ball moves, no anticipation at all, cant wait until castelen, juric and santa back

RBB was louder tonight aswell

still undecided with poliak and perkatis, they seem to get pushed over alot, maybe its a size thing

kalmar looks good

hamill is a solid defend

top por stanley just wish he would stop trying long balls/passes or someone should tell him his **** at it keep it on the ground lol

ruka looking great until he finishes maybe let him practice shooting for a bit...

bridge you gotta learn to first touch buddy

all in all we did look much stronger at some points but defense is kinda just watching the ball and not anticipating anything

least i got to give Berisha **** lol

win or lose we will always follow you

COYW!

WSW 4 Life

we looked alot better, dont know why we start cole and golec, they get beaten everytime and just ball watch, only react after the ball moves, no anticipation at all, cant wait until castelen, juric and santa back

RBB was louder tonight aswell

still undecided with poliak and perkatis, they seem to get pushed over alot, maybe its a size thing

kalmar looks good

hamill is a solid defend

top por stanley just wish he would stop trying long balls/passes or someone should tell him his **** at it keep it on the ground lol

ruka looking great until he finishes maybe let him practice shooting for a bit...

bridge you gotta learn to first touch buddy

all in all we did look much stronger at some points but defense is kinda just watching the ball and not anticipating anything

least i got to give Berisha **** lol

win or lose we will always follow you

COYW!

WSW 4 Life

He's not called 'ToePoke' Stanley for nothing!

She said 7th... 4 points out of the 6. She kicked my back side in the World Cup tipping too :(

Ah well if we only miss out by 4 points it should be a wild and exciting ride at least!!

What was said in the RBB before the match ? I could see everyone standing around listening to the capo and could hear the big cheer when he finished .

he said look guys you seen those pricks over there in white and blue they are actually all our children.

but on a serious not hats off to the capo jumping in to bay 57and pumping up 57/58/59, pointing out to boris "its these **** they are doing ****all get of your asses" etc, and throwing the water at the blokes doing nothing on the front gate  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

and poljak what a legend came up to the bloc after the game few hugs and hand shacks but was almost about to cry and keeped fist pumping the badge (dino style) he was truly hurting with the result...the whole club stepped up this week and each and everyone of us should feel proud everyone gave 110%.

A season long period without ACL football is looming next year regardless of what we do in the ACL this year :nono: But first things first and all that, lots to happen before then.

Edited by WSWBoro