Unpopular Opinions 2

mack

In the end football is 90% suffering. If we were ********* like Bayern or Real or Barca who win essentially every time then it'd be incredibly dull business being a wanderers supporter

Supporting the Boro is 110% suffering, I know 110% s not possible, but then the level of suffering being a Boro supporter hardly seems possible....

As my old man says... the first 50 years are the worst.... lol

In the end football is 90% suffering. If we were ********* like Bayern or Real or Barca who win essentially every time then it'd be incredibly dull business being a wanderers supporter

Supporting the Boro is 110% suffering, I know 110% s not possible, but then the level of suffering being a Boro supporter hardly seems possible....

Long serving supporters of clubs like Boro and similar clubs are what a true supporter is. I've seen tombstones of supporters of Velez Mostar in Bosnia which has the club motto on them: Mostar in my heart, Velez to my grave. That gives me the ******* chills.

I was going to say try supporting Everton but I think you win. Supporting Boro would be well grim!

At least I can look back at the 80s ok I was too young to appreciate it but it was in my lifetime

WSW fans are spoilt.

That said I am hoping to continue to be spoilt, this winning stuff and going to finals stuff is fun, I could get used to it

I was going to say try supporting Everton but I think you win. Supporting Boro would be well grim!

At least I can look back at the 80s ok I was too young to appreciate it but it was in my lifetime

WSW fans are spoilt.

That said I am hoping to continue to be spoilt, this winning stuff and going to finals stuff is fun, I could get used to it

When on the very rare occasion the good times do come like at the league cup win in 2004, UEFA Cup final in 2007 or the various promotion then the celebrations are taken to the max.

Even though we lost the UEFA Cup final in 2007 i wilk NEVER forget that long weekend in Eindhoven as long as i live, boro fans took over the town and had one hell of a party. To see Boro fans getting to the Netherlands by any means possible, only 15,000 Boro tickets but 40,000 or more were in Eindhoven and well behaved. That will probably be Boro's only Euro final, and we knew that would prob be the case at the time, which is why we celebrated as hard and as long and in such big nums.

Supporters of the big clubs that win trophies every year or every other year will never understand the joy when something amazing does happen following a club like the Boro.

I've noticed however they do revel in victory and suffer depression when they come second or runner up. I can respect that. At least they're keeping up to date.

I fell in love with Liverpool BECAUSE they were falling off the rails when I was a boy. Prior to that they were the proper fan boy club. Robbie Fowler's antics, players paying not to train, the odd screamer from Redknapp, that was a great ride. They won SFA, but it felt great

• 3 weeks later...

I kind of like it that ESFC have jacked up the prices on us massively for this derby (though my bank balance may disagree). It is part of what a derby is supposed to be, and makes any victory sweeter. For three years we locked them out of our ground, and in three years time we should lock them out of all but one bay, and charge them through the nose for that bay. Part of a true derby involves not putting out the welcome mat for other sides, and is what makes this a real derby, not the BBL garbage that will be happening next door, where no set of "supporters" give a **** about the result. They appear to have sold the rest out themselves anyway, so they are totally vindicated in what they have done. We are entitled to nothing from them at their home ground, and vice versa.

• 2 months later...

Here's a doozy: I like it when the Socceroos lose.

International football is where we verge off in some cases but WSW always binds us together. I wouldnt say I like it when they lose, just not that bothered as they have never felt like my team having grown watching England through Mexico 86, Italia 90 and Euro 96, some of my earliest football memories, can't easily dismiss that kind of thing..

Edited by WSWBoro

Why ?
I just never liked the team after the golden generation stopped playing. And seeing people's reactions when they lose is funny.

A bit of schadenfreude never hurt anyone. I feel the same way about watching Arsenal, ESFC and England lose.

With the exception of ESFC, I don't really care either way, but it's always amusing to watch the reaction from the fans. Most football fans are suckers for punishment.

I sorta feel the same.

Like, I want them to win and get into the world cup.

And at the same time I don't. I don't know it's weird.

I sorta feel the same.

Like, I want them to win and get into the world cup.

And at the same time I don't. I don't know it's weird.

:aggressive:

:vava:

:drinks:

Only joking!

:pardon:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...