Unpopular Opinions 2

mack

2 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

You're a strange man...

I would of thought that worcestershire sauce on eggs was a done thing where you're from......?....we've been doing it since we were kids.....lol

Edited by sonar
  • 9 months later...
4 hours ago, Burgerman said:

Everyone going on about Kobe, me personally I don't care 

I care in the framework of a human being, several actually, died a painful death. Thats sad. I hate to think if they were scared. And how awful for his wife, loved ones etc.... im notmoved beyond that though

• 7 months later...
7 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

oh yeah , add autos to the list . I’ll stick with my manuals  thx  :meep:

Ahhh manual every time. Especially in dodgy weather.

I love driving a manual actually. Every clutch seems a bit different. I remember my old Ford in the UK...could hold that ****er on the clutch biting point up a ******* vertical wall...real driving.

Edited by Smoggy
14 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

I think this will stir things up a bit....I don’t care about E cars , hybrids etc. I’ll bother with them when oil runs out and by then I’ll be too old to drive/dead.  :P

I get it, but the performance you can get out of some E cars can far exceed the performance of petrol cars. Yes, it doesn't sound as good, but they can really haul arse. I've been considering converting my old Datto over for a while but am waiting for the battery technology to improve enough so I don't need a shitload of 12V batteries in the car. The power to weight ratio will be ridiculous, and instant power.

And automatic isn't driving, it's simply steering.

24 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

I think this will stir things up a bit....I don’t care about E cars , hybrids etc. I’ll bother with them when oil runs out and by then I’ll be too old to drive/dead.  :P

Learnt to drive in a HQ 3-on-the tree.

These days with dodgy knees it's autos for me....:D

10 minutes ago, Carns said:

I get it, but the performance you can get out of some E cars can far exceed the performance of petrol cars. Yes, it doesn't sound as good, but they can really haul arse. I've been considering converting my old Datto over for a while but am waiting for the battery technology to improve enough so I don't need a shitload of 12V batteries in the car. The power to weight ratio will be ridiculous, and instant power.

And automatic isn't driving, it's simply steering.

Yeah I know what you mean in regards to the power . I’ve watched plenty of Tesla vids etc racing petrol cars....still don’t care . No sound , smell ...kinda like driving a fast washing machine. The whole recharging thing , battery range ,puts me off. We saw ONE recharging dock in Canberra last week...
Spot on re “driving “ autos!  :lol:

Just now, sonar said:

Well, I'll put it this way...as a very young kid I saw the moon landings...apparently......( don't remember it though....lol)

Agh cmon dude! We’re about the same age! I just turned 55!  GET BACK TO A MANUAL!  :P

....although I know what you mean about the knees. Mine are still pretty good but as soon as it becomes a PITA , auto it is  :sad:

19 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

Agh cmon dude! We’re about the same age! I just turned 55!  GET BACK TO A MANUAL!  :P

....although I know what you mean about the knees. Mine are still pretty good but as soon as it becomes a PITA , auto it is  :sad:

The last time I drove a manual was a few years ago when my younger brother had an op on his hand and couldn't drive, so I drove him everywhere in his 4x4. FMD...after driving that for three weeks I was glad to go back to auto....lol, ......though once you can drive a manual you never really forget.......and I still hate hill starts.....lol

Edited by sonar

Tip..if you want a laugh..go to an intense go-kart session that last like an hour and many laps. Then jump straight in your manual car.

I nearly set the ******* air bag off just breaking for the first set of traffic lights and sent the gear box through the bonnet...!

Your mind and body stays in go-kart mode for around 20mins after!

Autos are good for the ladies though..it lets them drive..bless them..:meep:

Edited by Smoggy
6 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

I've NEVER owned an auto, , and still don't. I'm 56.

The only auto I’ve ever owned was a ‘97 Ford Fairmont Ghia. Nice enough car , good to just put the foot down and go, but....would’ve been heaps more fun if it had’ve been manual . My Mrs ended up wrecking it  :ninja: ...just sayin’