Liverpool FC Thread

What really needs to happen, is Anfield coming alive again. Sounds so dead right now.

They've had problems with flags etc in the Kop too, lots going on behind the scenes that shouldn't. But it's hard not to get upset at the Anfield crowd when there's millions of us around the world who would fill the place up and sing our hearts out, and they're sat there being grumpy and sour. I hate that ****. You can only be the best fans in the world when your team is going badly. Otherwise you're just like everyone else. 

Great find Braad, good article :good:

Also agree with MT, CR & Braad, it will all be interesting

What really needs to happen, is Anfield coming alive again. Sounds so dead right now.

They've had problems with flags etc in the Kop too, lots going on behind the scenes that shouldn't. But it's hard not to get upset at the Anfield crowd when there's millions of us around the world who would fill the place up and sing our hearts out, and they're sat there being grumpy and sour. I hate that ****. You can only be the best fans in the world when your team is going badly. Otherwise you're just like everyone else.

Last few games you could hear a pin drop & so many disgruntled fans in the stands at Anfield. The way that BR was going, it just couldn't continue going as it was!

I went to the Brisbane game and it was pretty crap. People buy into the kop end and then sit and argue (to the point of almost fighting) that people should sit down and not be active.

I realise Suncorp isnt Anfield, but it seems that is what happens at a lot of sporting events now - including the homes of atmosphere. That expectation of going and being entertained, even though those people are paying higher prices and replacing the loud/active/singing fans.

There are probably many other issues like all the back room machinations and any regulation crap (flags?), but when the tickets are so expensive to EPL games you start attracting quieter people and less of the singers

He may be your first elite manager but the pressure on him to succeed will be enormous which will be a big test for him !!

I've said it in my last post in this thread.

Liverpool fans will need to keep an open mind and not expect immediate success. It will take at least a month and a loss or 2 for Klopp to implement his philosophy to the team.

Edited by SBW

He may be your first elite manager but the pressure on him to succeed will be enormous which will be a big test for him !!

Liverpool fans will need to keep an open mind and not expect immediate success. It will take at least a month and a loss or 2 for Klopp to implement his philosophy to the team.

A month? With the deadwood Liverpool have got, more than a year!

I think he has at least one trophy in him this season

Bold but unlikely!

Bold but unlikely!

This generation of players is fickle, things at Liverpool have been stale since mr bite bite score crazy goal left. With every hipster and new age fan talking about Liverpool again, the hype will be like the Torres years. I think it will get the players feeling like God's gift, giving them a shot in the arm

This generation of players is fickle, things at Liverpool have been stale since mr bite bite score crazy goal left. With every hipster and new age fan talking about Liverpool again, the hype will be like the Torres years. I think it will get the players feeling like God's gift, giving them a shot in the arm

I would reply to that with, you can't polish a turd. It will give them a boost but you need quality to sustain a challenge for a title. I don't know if they've got good enough squad to challenge, Klopp needs time to clear out the squad.

I went to the Brisbane game and it was pretty crap. People buy into the kop end and then sit and argue (to the point of almost fighting) that people should sit down and not be active.

I realise Suncorp isnt Anfield, but it seems that is what happens at a lot of sporting events now - including the homes of atmosphere. That expectation of going and being entertained, even though those people are paying higher prices and replacing the loud/active/singing fans.

There are probably many other issues like all the back room machinations and any regulation crap (flags?), but when the tickets are so expensive to EPL games you start attracting quieter people and less of the singers

I was also in the active section at the Brisbane game and found it pretty ridiculous. There was one guy in a black Gerrard jersey who was getting abused by a number of people behind him for standing up, but he didn`t give in and stood for the whole game with his mates !!

I think people just buy tickets in that section because they are cheaper not being aware of what active support actually means.

In all honesty next time Liverpool come to Australia I`ll probably just get normal seating as there is no singing whatsoever in the active section so it`s pretty much like sitting anywhere else in the stadium. Might as well get a better view of the game. 

In terms of the atmosphere at Anfield, its been dead for a number of years. I can`t remember the last time I heard a really amazing atmosphere at a home game. Maybe the Carling Cup Semi against Man City going back like 3 seasons... Compare what it is today to the Champions League nights going back to the 2000`s and the difference is huge. 

Joe Gomez out for 6-9 months with cruciate injury.

The guy has been one of the value buys of the season.

@Prydz 

The squad doesn't need a major overhaul imo.

Keeper: Migz (Yes replacement please)

Defense: Clyne Sktrel Sahko Moreno (Get rid of Sktrel asap, get some cover at LB other wise ok)

Mids: Hendo, Milner, Can/Lucas - (We need a DM)

Attack mids: Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino (Ibe as back up)

Striker: Sturridge / Benteke (with Origi / Ings back ups) - All pretty sweet

I would say the 3 crucial players for us are a GK, CB & DM. Perhaps a proper winger.

I definitely didn't elude to a title, I'm thinking something minor like the Capital One Cup or Fifa Fair Play award

:rofl: Maybe you could get into Europe via the Hammers route :lol:

@Prydz 

The squad doesn't need a major overhaul imo.

Keeper: Migz (Yes replacement please)

Defense: Clyne Sktrel Sahko Moreno (Get rid of Sktrel asap, get some cover at LB other wise ok)

Mids: Hendo, Milner, Can/Lucas - (We need a DM)

Attack mids: Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino (Ibe as back up)

Striker: Sturridge / Benteke (with Origi / Ings back ups) - All pretty sweet

I would say the 3 crucial players for us are a GK, CB & DM. Perhaps a proper winger.

100% on Gomez, but needs more time to grow as a player (got found out a few times this season)

Defence: Can't understand why BR didn't play Sahko, but I'd say Lovren & Sktrel have to go plus Minz. Mids: I don't like Lucas & think Hendo will take some time to recover from his latest injury. Firmino hasn't settled so might take a year to adjust & Lallana has had many injury issues that I'm not sure you can depend on him. Striker: Haven't seen enough Origi play but him & ings are only good as squad players. Sturridge we all know he is made of glass & how long will he last till his next injury? Then can Benteke be the striker that Liverpool need? Not sure & again another question mark.

Maybe Klopp can turn those question marks around but those injury problems I'm not quite sure, maybe he might bring in a new medical team? That problem is going to take maybe a year to turn around if they get the right people in!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.anzstadium.com.au/footer/news-and-media/2015/liverpool-superstar-steven-gerrard-to-lead-reds-against-australian-football-legends/

team lineups

Australian Legends: Mark Bosnich, Brett Emerton, Scott Chipperfield, Stan Lazaridis, Mile Sterjovski, Charlie Yankos, Josip Skoko, Jason Culina, Alex Tobin, Vince Grella, Paul Wade, Craig Foster, Tony Vidmar, Robbie Slater, David Zdrilic, Ned Zelic. Manager: TBA.

Liverpool Legends: Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Luis Garcia, Ian Rush, David James, Jerzy Dudek, Patrik Berger, Stéphane Henchoz, Vladimir Smicer, Jason McAteer, Dietmar Hamann, John Aldridge, Fabio Aurelio, Fernando Morientes, Jari Litmanen, Gary McAllister, Phil Babb, Danny Murphy. Manager: Gerard Houllier.

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching some highlights last night, and they showed the table. My wife said to me, "wow, Liverpool are not on the second page anymore. How did that happen???"

After an ordinary start to the season, we are somehow only 6 points behind City and Leicester in 6th place. I've already said my "there's always next season" for this campaign, but Klopp is some decent tonic we've needed.

Bold but unlikely!

Looked very good against Southampton mid week in Capital 1 Cup. Don't think they'll go any further though!   :good: I hope.............

Well i have been enjoying the recent results and performances from the boys in red. Destroying ManCity at home was a highlight, unfortunately we lost the plot against Newcastle. Yeah, we should have had that goal allowed to make it 1-1, but we played shite and didnt deserve to win

Edited by braad

That last loss hurt actually, especially as all the results were set up for us to make big gains.

I really wonder what is going on with Sturridge and how you actually manage that.

I also don't think Benteke suits our system at the moment, can he change his style to suit Klopp, i guess we will find out in the coming weeks.

That last loss hurt actually, especially as all the results were set up for us to make big gains.

I really wonder what is going on with Sturridge and how you actually manage that.

I also don't think Benteke suits our system at the moment, can he change his style to suit Klopp, i guess we will find out in the coming weeks.

Mate, I think when Benteke has been fit and has been playing, he's performed..

I won't complain about our teams performance this season with what's happened regarding new singings, new manager & what we try and achieve on the field. BUT I will complain about the amount of injuries our players have been recieving.

Is it the English pitches? Is it the English way of playing and training in these cold conditions?? We all know they go hard. Who knows.

But too many players in our top clubs are getting injured so often, its beyond a joke..

I feel like any criticism from Everton is pretty much useless. To really be a stinging comment it would have to come from someone who is actually doing well. But everytime there's a Liverpool/Everton argument it comes down to the same thing. Liverpool are better now, have more trophies in the case, and don't play boring as **** football. Almost isn't even worth typing this, but hey it's done now.

I feel like any criticism from Everton is pretty much useless. To really be a stinging comment it would have to come from someone who is actually doing well. But everytime there's a Liverpool/Everton argument it comes down to the same thing. Liverpool are better now, have more trophies in the case, and don't play boring as **** football. Almost isn't even worth typing this, but hey it's done now.

are you saying we play boring football or you no longer play boring football?