Kerem Bulut

mack

The posts are 2-3 years old. Dont judge the guy based on his past. He deserves a chance, popa has given him that chance and we need to support him like we do the rest of our players. Posting troll bait like this doesnt help his or our cause.

I disagree. he should be judged on his past - because according to twitter, this guy is the only person ever to **** up as a teenager.

First thing I do for any potential candidate at work is look up their social media history, if the guy looks like a f#ck wit they don't even get an interview, Looking at Bulut's history his CV would be in the rubbish bin pronto, you just done need attitude like that around a tight knit team, im all for supporting the team but this guys seems like an A-grade asshole, if it wasn't for football he would be working the drive through at Auburn Maccas, or in Jail.

The posts are 2-3 years old. Dont judge the guy based on his past. He deserves a chance, popa has given him that chance and we need to support him like we do the rest of our players. Posting troll bait like this doesnt help his or our cause.

I disagree. he should be judged on his past - because according to twitter, this guy is the only person ever to **** up as a teenager.

First thing I do for any potential candidate at work is look up their social media history, if the guy looks like a f#ck wit they don't even get an interview, Looking at Bulut's history his CV would be in the rubbish bin pronto, you just done need attitude like that around a tight knit team, im all for supporting the team but this guys seems like an A-grade asshole, if it wasn't for football he would be working the drive through at Auburn Maccas, or in Jail.

You could say that for a number of footballers.

When Vedran Janjetovic was asked what he'd be doing if he weren't a footballer he said he'd probably be a gyprocker like all the other Cros. :lol:

I agree with your general point. The difference in this situation is that Popa worked with him at SFC, so knows him personally, knows he has the skills required, and will not take any bullshit from him. Popa's been renowned for turning around players careers, and Bulut may be his next success.

I too was a little sceptical, but I trust in Popa's judgement and managerial ability.

so public lynching then? I will bring the rope.
Not everyone has Twitter, better to post it here so everyone knows what we are talking about! Better get it out in the open and put it behind us! Edited by Prydzopolis

just in general what are the kind of things that you look for?

is it just swearing in general, poor grammar, talking about crap etc..

Guest mickisnot

I love my club ten fold for this signing. Bring on the controversy! Nothing more I love then pissing off the morally convoluted.

Don't get me wrong he looks absolutely disgusting with those tattoos, but that's his problem not ours.

We took a big gamble on Saba (which failed) but I don't think the stakes are as high (or even remotely high) with this signing, Popovic has spent one-on-one time with him, he's a Sydney United junior and he's Australian.

God I'm going to love defending this guy online!

this whole thread :smurfnono:  :smurfpoint:

he is part of the family now weather you like it or not so get behind him. his past is exactly that the past. how stupid half of you will look if he is successful with us and has turned a new page.

i expected better from my fellow wanderers from western Sydney how often are we judge before we even speak a word???????????

It's true, Gerrard was caught on camera punching a guy senseless. The fact it didn't affect his performance on the pitch meant it was soon forgotten. Bulut needs game time to show what he's about and whether or not the a55hole persona affects his professional life

I haven't forgotten this about Gerrard. Makes him an asshole to me.

Those posts were made as an adult, but they pale in comparison to some of the things he had done. At the risk of the 'what kind of supporter are you' brigade blindly critising anyone who dares to bring up the fact the track record of this guy is poor at best, I'm prepared to say there are serious questions to be asked as what we stand for as a club by signing this guy. The same people lauding this would probably be the first on the ESFC page giving it to them if they signed him.

On another note, his on field record since that U19 WC four years ago is also very dubious, and doesn't suggest he is going to step on the field and just bang them in. We haven't signed Luis Suarez here where the argument is about how much you ignore the personal for the professional, he is equally questionable on both counts.

I love my club ten fold for this signing. Bring on the controversy! Nothing more I love then pissing off the morally convoluted.

Don't get me wrong he looks absolutely disgusting with those tattoos, but that's his problem not ours.

We took a big gamble on Saba (which failed) but I don't think the stakes are as high (or even remotely high) with this signing, Popovic has spent one-on-one time with him, he's a Sydney United junior and he's Australian.

God I'm going to love defending this guy online!

We have signed a squad player who will probably be behind haliti in the pecking order. I think some j1 teams are after haliti which isnt surprising considering how well he played in the ACL. Its good that we are giving him another chance, but I get the feeling that it wont work out. I am probably just burnt after the whole Saba thing though.

Risky strategy unless you document the reasons why the things you don't like about a social media profile are relevant to the position e.g. http://www.lawyersweekly.com.au/lawyer2b/social-decisions-a-recruitment-risk

Sure, most people will never know the reason, but I'll bet most of the reasons we take a dislike to someone's social media presence would fall under the various discrimination rules - politics and religion being the big ones. Don't forget that the onus is on the employer to prove it was relevant, not the complainant.

You're probably making the right judgement calls anyway, but like most things in life, you don't realise how important the paperwork is until you are caught short without it.

Guest mickisnot

As much as I love this new signing purely for the controversy, I totally agree with this.

Football is the only reason why this bloke has escaped. If he's smart enough to understand then we might have a dedicated and passionate individual.

It's true, Gerrard was caught on camera punching a guy senseless. The fact it didn't affect his performance on the pitch meant it was soon forgotten. Bulut needs game time to show what he's about and whether or not the a55hole persona affects his professional life

I haven't forgotten this about Gerrard. Makes him an asshole to me.

Those posts were made as an adult, but they pale in comparison to some of the things he had done. At the risk of the 'what kind of supporter are you' brigade blindly critising anyone who dares to bring up the fact the track record of this guy is poor at best, I'm prepared to say there are serious questions to be asked as what we stand for as a club by signing this guy. The same people lauding this would probably be the first on the ESFC page giving it to them if they signed him.

On another note, his on field record since that U19 WC four years ago is also very dubious, and doesn't suggest he is going to step on the field and just bang them in. We haven't signed Luis Suarez here where the argument is about how much you ignore the personal for the professional, he is equally questionable on both counts.

Seems to me that this club has been very much about career second chances. The inaugural squad was populated with the discards of the other A League teams after all, and they did alright. As it is, we don't seem to have strikers knocking down our door begging for entry, so beggars can't be choosers.

I knew nothing about Bulut until we signed him. I reckon like anyone in life he deserves a second chance. Doesn't mean we have to give him a third one if he ****s up again though.

I'm sure if he does one thing wrong anyway, Popa will come down like a ton of bricks and he'll be out of the club just like that.

Besides, what he did was like what... 4 or 5 years ago or something? It's a long time ago, I'm sure he's changed now and he knows this is one of the best chances he'll have to restart his football career.

Did he ever receive a sanction from the FFA?

Can't find anything official re: sanctions.

He said this in 2011 which may allude to FFA trying to help his situation:

"A lot of people have helped me get back into things, obviously my friend and mentor Serdar Sarman, a lot of people from the FFA, the people at JH Football and of course my club, fans and family have all shown faith in me and it’s time I repay them," he added.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/808/australia/2011/04/18/2447281/mlada-boleslav-youngster-kerem-bulut-i-am-thankful-for-my-second-

If he scores goals who gives a **** what he's done tbh. You can't get anymore West than Bulut lets be real. 

On the plus side, opposition fans are gonna have to think twice about sledging him lol

I know your comment was slightly tongue in cheek. But I would hope that the 'you can't get anymore a West than Bulut' comment becomes a thing of the past. With clubs like Wanderers and other initiatives taking place in Western Sydney, I would like to think that the kids of the future have other things to look forward to, rather than adopting the lifestyle of a 'wannabe gangster'. The less glorified this kind of thing gets, the better.

mickisnot

It's not about morals. Otherwise we would all be in a little trouble. It's just that some people are more problems than they are worth, and like Vukie says, they cause problems in a tight knit group. That's because they only think about themselves. Let's see how this guy goes anyway. If he has genuinely changed, we will see it.

Guest mickisnot

mickisnot

It's not about morals. Otherwise we would all be in a little trouble. It's just that some people are more problems than they are worth, and like Vukie says, they cause problems in a tight knit group. That's because they only think about themselves. Let's see how this guy goes anyway. If he has genuinely changed, we will see it.

When I say I love my club ten fold for this signing, I say this because we have the balls to sign someone who has a history of trouble. I really like that our club is taking a few calculated risks, and not worrying about what the outside world thinks.

I just can't help but feel that if Popovic has spent some time, talked to the guy then he knows what he's dealing with.

Guest mickisnot

If we worried about what the outside world thinks we'd have Harry Kewell and Richard Garcia on our books and contending our third straight wooden spoon (no disrespect to Heart/City fans)

Yeah but on the flip side the public would like us a lot more 

0tgF5Dx.gif?1

We can't put lipstick on a pig, between the regular shootings and ice epidemic Western Sydney still needs work before we can start saying we're better than said criminal. Not to mention the FFA, real upstanding citizens there

I'm pretty sure drugs are everywhere. It's not a uniquely Western Sydney thing. What Western Sydney doesn't have is institutions for young people to be able to try to achieve something in their lives. There will always be **** ups everywhere around the world. But the worrying thing is when the talented people leave this region because there is nothing here for them. At the moment the only institutions we have are sitting in Parra Leagues or Mounties and blowing your life savings on the pokies.

But things are slightly changing. You have the Wanderers as a football club to give the region an identity. UWS is slowly becoming a more prestigious uni. There is an array of dining options coming to Western Sydney. I would like to think in Parramatta they could create a music and arts scene. Stuff like that. But you need to set standards so morons don't ruin everything for others. I'd like to think we set a high standard at Wanderers with Popa as coach. But anyway we are getting into a whole social debate here, so I'll stop right there :)