Yojiro Takahagi

mack

Just like Shinji did

didn't he have Shinji on his back in season one, and Ono season two?

of am I losing my mind?

I saw it once I think and was like WTF? Maybe it was on the back of someone's jersey!

I'm pretty sure he only ever had Shinji

• 4 weeks later...

Loving this guy at #8 - it's giving us a much more fluid transition, like when Aaron was still here. He's still a bit lost positionally in defence (ball-watching on our first goal conceded midweek), but I've no doubt he'll get there. We will be relishing his class over the next 12 months, already starting to see glimpses of it.

Hehe I'm really enjoying Yusuke, who hasn't made the schoolboy errors of our other full-backs. Can't wait for his fitness and Yojiro's to improve - they both have talent and end product. What I meant by the above comment was entirely positive - I think he's a stellar #10 and more of an Ono-replacement than Saba ever was, and I think he's wasted in DM, even if he can obviously do a shift there. 

Spiranovic has been a stellar defender having a few poor/unlucky moments in recent games, glad La Rocca is back even if he's returned as a AM not a DM, and I'm sure I've only said positive things about Bulut, given my own propensity for stuffing up my youth :)

I'm a cynic, admittedly. Do you even Football?

Too positive mate do you even internet john? Where's the whinging and finger pointing? :cheeky:

I know, fail right? 

Wholly positive comment: "It's great that the RBB are learning that songs have more than one note and trying to SING stuff more".

Unfortunately being generally positive about our performances all season and whinging only about individual error and 'shoot/cross/pass ....en' has still lead to a lot of vitriol from me - especially at Shannon Cole who I've suggested needs to work on either his football or his penmanship, and Adeleke, who looked good going forwards, but needed a shaded area drawn on the pitch. Given that the last time I ragged on Cole for buggering up the offside trap, Popa did too, I'm kinda happy.

• 1 month later...

"Meanwhile Western Sydney’s Japanese midfielder YÅjiro Takahagi has according to Japanese sources rejected an initial contract extension from Wanderers.

The playmaker who signed from Japan’s Sanfrecce Hiroshima in January is understood to be fielding an offer from Newcastle Jets where Reds defender Nigel Boogaard has signed for the new season."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/adelaide-united-has-been-granted-at-least-one-home-a-league-final/story-fnibbvew-1227302088420

"Meanwhile Western Sydney’s Japanese midfielder YÅjiro Takahagi has according to Japanese sources rejected an initial contract extension from Wanderers.

The playmaker who signed from Japan’s Sanfrecce Hiroshima in January is understood to be fielding an offer from Newcastle Jets where Reds defender Nigel Boogaard has signed for the new season."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/adelaide-united-has-been-granted-at-least-one-home-a-league-final/story-fnibbvew-1227302088420

I am not excited about this at all.

I am not excited about this at all.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Meh.

My thoughts exactly.

Not sure why all the love for this guy. Tries to play the one touch pass way too often and lose possession too much.

Sure he's got some nice touches but nice touches don't mean **** if you can't turn that into an impact on the game, and he doesn't have enough impact in my eyes. 

Why is it that in a team that now seems intent on knocking the ball around a lot more than previously, whenever it comes back to the top of the D from the wing, right when we need a good shooter on the ball, it's always La Rocca or Poljak? Where is this guy??

And too often the ball comes pinging out from a clearance from a cross (at both ends) and Takahagi seems to realise that he should be there, so he runs to get to it, but it is too late.

Some good touches, the rest is very meh. Can see the benefit in keeping him for continuity (we need some badly), but the good teams in this competition have foreign players who make a difference. He doesn't make enough of a difference.

Edited by btron3000

Meh.

My thoughts exactly.

Not sure why all the love for this guy. Tries to play the one touch pass way too often and lose possession too much.

Sure he's got some nice touches but nice touches don't mean **** if you can't turn that into an impact on the game, and he doesn't have enough impact in my eyes. 

Why is it that in a team that now seems intent on knocking the ball around a lot more than previously, whenever it comes back to the top of the D from the wing, right when we need a good shooter on the ball, it's always La Rocca or Poljak? Where is this guy??

And too often the ball comes pinging out from a clearance from a cross (at both ends) and Takahagi seems to realise that he should be there, so he runs to get to it, but it is too late.

Some good touches, the rest is very meh. Can see the benefit in keeping him for continuity (we need some badly), but the good teams in this competition have foreign players who make a difference. He doesn't make enough of a difference.

Sorry, but we need more players who are able to do one touch passes and keep the ball moving. Most of our team needs two or three touches before they figure out what to do. That's why this guy is a class above. A lot of our current players have feet made of concrete. A lot of the problem this season is that instead of letting the ball do the running, our players are doing all the the running. Not a very smart team. No wonder we tire and other teams end up running over the top of us.

Yojiro might not be a number 10, but he is definitely a good distributor from behind.he is also one of the few players that can hit a free kick in this league. I hope he stays and we pay him accordingly. He won't be the star player but he will fit into the team well.

Meh.

My thoughts exactly.

Sorry, but we need more players who are able to do one touch passes and keep the ball moving. Most of our team needs two or three touches before they figure out what to do. That's why this guy is a class above. A lot of our current players have feet made of concrete. A lot of the problem this season is that instead of letting the ball do the running, our players are doing all the the running. Not a very smart team. No wonder we tire and other teams end up running over the top of us.

Yojiro might not be a number 10, but he is definitely a good distributor from behind.he is also one of the few players that can hit a free kick in this league. I hope he stays and we pay him accordingly. He won't be the star player but he will fit into the team well.

The guy has come here from holidays straight into a league mid way through, in an exhausting new climate, and on much harder pitches than his touch and legs are use to. A one touch fancy ball player like him needs to understand the players around him. Give him a preseason when he's had more time with the players around him at which point he'll be more aclimatised to the weather, culture and language and watch him go

He's alright...definitely not a marquee player though. If he wants those kind of wages then I would sell him without thinking about it.

He's alright...definitely not a marquee player though. If he wants those kind of wages then I would sell him without thinking about it.

We probably said the same thing about Mooy and look how that turned out.