Around the Bloc S03E15: At Least We're Not The Jets

Around the Bloc S03E15: At Least We're Not The Jets

When the biggest and most positive talking point of the game is the players goal celebration after a fluke of a goal, you know you haven’t played a very good game of football, and that’s exactly what happened on the weekend. It wasn’t fun to watch, but we tried to at least have a bit of fun talking about it.

The transfer window affects both the team and the podcast, with Speccy on loan to the Yacht Club and Nick and Ivan keeping quiet on their futures, Turner becomes the returner and makes a cameo, soon-to-be-guest-starring role, and ATB has a new sponsor which is food related, so most of our listeners (and podcasters) will probably be more excited about that than the show itself.

This is Around the Bloc.

Thanks to Caminito Food Truck for sponsoring this week’s episode!
Caminito_logo-150x150.jpg
facebook.com/caminitochorizoalpan
twitter.com/Caminito_Truck
sydneyfoodtrucks.com.au/trucks/caminito

On iTunes or your podcast app or on our website here:
http://www.aroundthebloc.com.au/s03e15-at-least-were-not-the-jets/
Around The Bloc on Facebook
Around The Bloc on Twitter

Hey guys!

I'm a recent listener and I might be in the minority here but the podcast length was a good length for me. To tell you the truth, the reason I hadn't listened earlier was because of the 2 and a half hour pods I thought were way too long and made me not want to get into it because I listen to a lot of the different podcasts and what to get through them. I'm glad I attempted to listen to the shorter one a couple of podcasts ago because you guys are excellent podcasters and very level headed, especially the "host".

Thanks and I look forward to listening to more!

Thanks for you feedback assiemuser. We actually aim for 90mins but due to multiple games and issues earlier on in the season (and winning a small Asian title) the lengths blew out to over 2 hours. Some people like that because it covers them for their trips to and from work on a day, and others like yourself prefer the shorter ones for the reasons you mentioned.

We're going to try and be a bit more diligent in aiming for 90min max, even though coming up we'll be reviewing/previewing 2 games once the midweek and ACL starts.

Glad you enjoyed the show :)

Oh I see :) That makes sense.

Thanks for your support.

excellent podcasters and very level headed, especially the "host".

Thanks and I look forward to listening to more!

By the way, seeing as your obviously talking about me, I'm not the host... ;) #suckitJAR

I'm an advocate for shorter pods 70-90mins is a good spot.

In saying that, I'm always amazed when we finish a 2.5 hr pod. I think though that we always have the content and whilst we might go off on tangents they work.

Cheers again and hope to have ya back on next week.

I can confirm that there was no interest from any rival podcast and my commitment is 100% to Around The Bloc (the 2x FFDU award winning podcast, soon to be 3x).

Expect me to return to the squad this Wednesday and hopefully get a spot straight back into the starting 4-5.

Whenever I hear this narrative I can't help but believe the speaker is halfway out the door.

I assume you have the full support of the board? 

Edited by OglenLangden

I can confirm that there was no interest from any rival podcast and my commitment is 100% to Around The Bloc (the 2x FFDU award winning podcast, soon to be 3x).

Expect me to return to the squad this Wednesday and hopefully get a spot straight back into the starting 4-5.

Why didn't you get a run last week? Injury? Tactical decision? Disciplinary issues? Suspension?

Why didn't you get a run last week? Injury? Tactical decision? Disciplinary issues? Suspension?
Squad rotation policy

Whenever I hear this narrative I can't help but believe the speaker is halfway out the door.

Hahahahaha someone picked up on the politics lol train.

I have full support from my colleagues and we will work to bring you a 3x time winning FFDU award podcast.

Hahahahaha someone picked up on the politics lol train.

I have full support from my colleagues and we will work to bring you a 3x time winning FFDU award podcast.

When will you be starting your clothing line?

Haha, well I'm talking about Brendan (I think that's it, you say it fast), I'm sure he's heard this infinite times before but he sounds like a better version of James Brayshaw. I'm hoping that's a compliment...

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I should read these threads more often

It is Brendan, I always say it fast (like Brennan) because I've always hated saying my own name for some reason, and when I was in high school a mate of mine said it really quickly like that and I liked how it sounded better haha. 

Thanks for listening anyway, aussiemuser, appreciate the feedback too. It's hard to please everyone with the timing, and that includes the podcasters themselves haha. The shorter ones are nice because we all get to go to bed early, but the longer ones are sometimes warranted when there's a lot going on. We try at least to keep them to all-killer, no-filler, regardless of the length ;)