FFA Cup 2015

ColdRock

:lol:  :lol:

Oh is it??   :)

Usually people on an internet forum would be wishing a bomb hit the stadium, or for multiple injuries/cards/fights etc when their rival teams play.

Yeah, until you see Archie go off on a stretcher.

I'm no fan of him as a Victard, but when you could be witnessing the end of someone's career, that is sad.

Usually people on an internet forum would be wishing a bomb hit the stadium, or for multiple injuries/cards/fights etc when their rival teams play.

I'm no fan of him as a Victard, but when you could be witnessing the end of someone's career, that is sad.

Archie's always been a bit of a prick at Wanderland, but he's just playing the pantomime villain.

It did seem as if he knew his career could be over, utter devastation. Not the way you'd want someone of his pedigree to go out.

hahahaha they cross to show the end of extra time in the other game and the first thing you here is the guy over the loudspeaker "registration number xxxx can you please return to your car"

Aaahhh the (totally fabricated through a loaded draw) romance of the FFA Cup!

Archie's always been a bit of a prick at Wanderland, but he's just playing the pantomime villain.   :xnod:    :good: 

It did seem as if he knew his career could be over, utter devastation. Not the way you'd want someone of his pedigree to go out.   :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  

Exactly right!   :(

The Victory's 10.5k crowd sounded great last night.

They did a modified version of  their around the stadium "We are North" >>>>> ""We are South" chant (which  sends chills down my spine) between the North and South ends only.

Makes me think how good it would be to do the WDWSF between East and West stands.

Don't wish to stir up old wounds.... but it has been done before.  Could be spectacular if coordinated.

I'm glad someone has responded here, GW.    :)

Yes... I've experienced the around the ground chant a few times.... and I think  "epic" is a good word for it.  The sense of unity it promotes is amazing!

Even those 2 very dodgy clips above send chills down my spine.  As you say,  I'm sure we could do even better with something of that nature from side to side if it could be coordinated.... or.... when we get a new stadium..... well.....

PS Our Season 1 you mean... or theirs??

Their's back when the A-league started. I remember going to a game at Olympic Park against Queensland Roar at the time and them doing the chant. 

The atmosphere they created at the ground generated a lot of hype and with their great football the forced the move to Eithad during season 2, if memory serves me correct they averaged almost 28K crowds for season 2. The highest of any average for any team in A-league history. 

I'd say the RBB if they sent a few capo's around could organise it. We just need to open up the bloody stadium so they can get around. Keep it locked down on derby day but other games just let us mingle :-)

Ehhh I'm kind of torn about this. One the one hand, it isn't really the purpose of the tournament for state league clubs to be playing out of giant stadiums where they will be massively outnumbered by A-league sides, is it? On the other hand though, this is a once in a lifetime pay day for Hume.

• 2 weeks later...
Hume City chasing David Trezeguet, Ronaldinho and Arda Turan for FFA Cup match against Melbourne Victory
Date October 15, 2015 - 6:14PM
Dominic Bossi and Michael Lynch
1444893255611.jpg

TURIN, ITALY - JANUARY 05: Former Juventus player David Trezeguet greets his fans prior to the Serie A match between Juventus and AS Roma at Juventus Arena on January 5, 2014 in Turin, Italy. (Photo by Claudio Villa/Getty Images) Photo: Claudio Villa

One of the biggest names in world football will be playing for a suburban Melbourne football club in an FFA Cup semi-final pending the approval of documents from the Department of Immigration to free-up a visa-player spot. 

National Premier League Victoria club Hume City, who will host A-League champions Melbourne Victory in a cup semi-final on October 28, are deep in negotiations to sign one of Ronaldinho, Arda Turan, David Trezeguet or Giorgios Karagounis as a guest player. 

The ambitious state league club is made up of little more than 300 registered participants but could boast one of the most high-profile stars to have played in Australia. However, standing in the way of Hume City signing one of the four drawcards hinges on the Australia residency application of goalkeeper Chris Oldfield, who is scheduled to receive his paperwork just weeks after the FFA Cup semi-final. 

An FFA spokesman confirmed the governing body would not break competition rules to allow Hume City adding a third visa-player to their squad even if it was to sign a notable guest player that would potentially attract a sell-out crowd AAMI Park in Melbourne. Oldfield's citizenship application is understood to have been approved but the club requested to fast-track the delivery of documents  to register the shot-stopper as an Australian player before the match, paving the way for one of the most unlikely signings in Australian football to occur. Hume also have British player Nick Haggarty on their books. 

Fairfax Media understands former World Cup winner David Trezeguet is the most likely to become the remarkable guest player for Hume City having agreed to a deal to play one game with the club. The former Juventus and France striker quit playing in January but has agreed in principle to a $50,000 deal to come out of retirement for one match in Australia. The 37-year-old last played professionally in December last year but is said to be fit having played in many friendlies since. 

Advertisement

Hume have also been in discussions with former World Player of the Year, Ronaldinho for the lucrative guest spot though the former Barcelona and AC milan playmaker would be a more expensive option. The 35-year-old Brazilian agreed to play for up to 60 minutes to help propel Hume to the FFA Cup final. 

Founded by Turkish migrants in 1979, Hume used an extensive network of connections in Turkey to try and lure current Barcelona and Turkey star Arda Turan. Hume directors spoke directly with the winger who was happy to come play one match in Australia while awaiting his transfer clearance in Spain. Due to Barcelona's transfer embargo, Turan can not play until January 2016 after completing his switch from Atletico Madrid in the European summer. Barcelona would likely command a fee to loan the player to Hume for one game despite yet to register him in La Liga. 

Any loan deal for Turan would include the support of a sponsor and Hume also hoped a deal with Etihad Stadium would  help sign one of the world's best attacking players. A war of words broke-out between the FFA and the Melbourne club over the venue for their semi-final against Victory after Hume made a late request to host the match at Etihad Stadium. After initially submitting their venues for broadcast games as Lakeside Stadium and AAMI Park, Hume were offered minimum $150,000 to host the game at Docklands with the venue covering all operational risks and costs. 

Both Hume and FFA remained tight-lipped on the matter when contacted by Fairfax Media on Thursday but are at loggerheads over the events that led to the match being played at the smaller capacity of AAMI Park. Hume have the opportunity to earn a significant pay cheque from AAMI Park but will face a financial risk having to cover up to $90,000 in hiring costs. 

Greece's most capped player of all-time, Giorgos Karagounis was also approached by Hume but is considered an outside chance to play. 

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/hume-city-chasing-david-trezeguet-ronaldinho-and-arda-turan-for-ffa-cup-match-against-melbourne-victory-20151015-gka9b4.html#ixzz3ocZxYZqa 
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

The FFA cup semi final Perth Glory vs Melbourne City tonight, will be broadcast on radio on ABC Grandstand Digital and via an online stream on the ABC website as well as being shown on Foxsports. Kickoff is at 9:30 pm (AEST)

Gamba v Guangzhou >>> Perf v Heartless

:meep:

The FFA cup semi final Perth Glory vs Melbourne City tonight, will be broadcast on radio on ABC Grandstand Digital and via an online stream on the ABC website as well as being shown on Foxsports. Kickoff is at 9:30 pm (AEST)

You can listen to Perth Glory vs Melbourne City and watch Gamba vs Guangzhou!

You can listen to Perth Glory vs Melbourne City and watch Gamba vs Guangzhou!

New series of Fargo on SBS looks far more enjoyable  :ninja: