Jonathan Aspropotamitis

Date Of Birth: 07/06/97
Nation: Australia
Birthplace:
Squad Number: 22
Position: Central Defender
Secondary Positions:

Joined Wanderers: 10/03/15
Contract Details: Promoted From Wanderers Youth League. Signed 1 year first team contract 31.5.15. Signed 2 year extension 14.12.15.
Contract Finish: 2017/18
Previous Club: Western Sydney Wanderers Youth
Wanderers Debut: 11th March 2015 vs Melbourne City

Wanderers A-League Appearances: 43
Wanderers A-League Goals:

Wanderers ACL Appearances: 5
Wanderers ACL Goals:

Wanderers FFA Cup Appearances: 5
Wanderers FFA Cup Goals:

Wanderers Club World Cup Appearances:
Wanderers Club World Cup Goals:

Wanderers Total Appearances: 53
Wanderers Total Goals:

Yearly Appearances & Goals: 2014/15: 9 (0), 2015/16: 5 (0), 2016/17: 31 (0), 2017/18: 8 (0)

International Team: Australia
International Caps:
International Goals:

Individual Awards:

Team Honours:

Highlight:
Highlight:
Highlight:

Description: Aspro as he has come to be called, is a young and improving ball playing central defender. After making sporadic appearances in the first two seasons at the Wanderers, he came of age in the 2016/17 season, being called upon as the #1 central defender over the vastly experienced Robbie Cornthwaite & foreign player Aritz Borda. Unfortunately for young Aspro, a severe knee injury he picked up during the Wanderers successful National Youth League Grand Final saw his 2017/18 season cut short, and perhaps lead to his release from the Wanderers on 14.5.2018.

View full record

Imagine if he scores a goal in the near future at wanderland, I'd like to see if the vast majority can pronounce his name.. My guess is it might go something like this
Announcer: JONATHANNNNN
CROWD: AHIPPOPOTAMUSSSS!!..

Lame joke..

Exits page stage left.

Edited by slipperypete

I see someone is born 1997 and I think to myself is it even legal to employ these kids…then it dawns on me time has actually moved on and good ol' Johnno is nearly an adult. Good luck mate, hope you follow Theo's footsteps and shorten your last name.

Came to post almost this. **** I'm old.

One of my Greek workmates, knows Aspro & his family, and was excited to tell ne that he knew someone that started for the WSW on the weekend's match!

Aspro went to school in Newington, and yeah, Ian Crook's known him since those days. He's still only 17 - so looking forward to seeing what he can do!

One of my Greek workmates, knows Aspro & his family, and was excited to tell ne that he knew someone that started for the WSW on the weekend's match!

Aspro went to school in Newington, and yeah, Ian Crook's known him since those days. He's still only 17 - so looking forward to seeing what he can do!

He went to Newington hey?

Might have played against him in July last year.....

Spoke with Jonathan on Friday (he was doing a session with the rest of the boys left out of the squad for fridays game on the training field next to the weekly clinic my kids attend). Well spoken, plenty of time for the kids, seemed stoked to be playing with the guys he was with. 

How do you even recognise someone you've seen only once? Unless you've known this kid from before it would be pretty hard to recognise him. If he came up to me and he said he played for WSW I'll probably tell him to piss off and stop lying, I'm a fan and I've never seen his face. I remember for Christmas I was at Stanwell Park and Kuzi was there, but unless one of my cousins told me who he was I would've never recognised him as a player for my team. Maybe I'm just bad with faces though!