The Italian Football Thread

Juve need 1 more point to secure the title for the 4th straight year. This is an advantage going into the UCL since both Real Madrid and Barca are still fighting it out for La Liga and Juve and Bayern have a points gap in their domestic leagues.

Didn't work out so well for Bayern last year ;)

Juve need 1 more point to secure the title for the 4th straight year. This is an advantage going into the UCL since both Real Madrid and Barca are still fighting it out for La Liga and Juve and Bayern have a points gap in their domestic leagues.

Didn't work out so well for Bayern last year ;)

100% agree Erebus!! Rest the squad for the big matches coming up.

AEK, it was a bit different from last year with Bayern, they won the title in record time & took the foot off the pedal, rotated the squad weeks before CL tie with Real Madrid. It won't make the task any easier but will give Juventus just a slight advantage.

Yes I know, but Bayern rested their squad too, only played them here and there to keep them fresh and give them game time ahead of the Madrid tie, I remember not having a good feeling about it because Bayern had the clear advantage, first leg showed exactly that with Madrid limited only to counter attacks, it was that 1-0 at home that helped Madrid more than anything else, as Bayern had no choice but to attack and open up, leaving themselves more vulnerable to Madrid deadly counter attacks, they paid for it dearly too :)

Madrid have never made life easy for themselves, last years semi v Bayern was a once in a life time thing lol, the games against Juve will be tough :)

Yes I know, but Bayern rested their squad too, only played them here and there to keep them fresh and give them game time ahead of the Madrid tie, I remember not having a good feeling about it because Bayern had the clear advantage, first leg showed exactly that with Madrid limited only to counter attacks, it was that 1-0 at home that helped Madrid more than anything else, as Bayern had no choice but to attack and open up, leaving themselves more vulnerable to Madrid deadly counter attacks, they paid for it dearly too :)

True about the lead up, the situation in the matches between the two legs & how it influenced how BM had to play opening themselves up.

Madrid have never made life easy for themselves, last years semi v Bayern was a once in a life time thing lol, the games against Juve will be tough :)

Yeh I'm not so confident, sure the game will be tough but the quality in the last four teams remaining is very high & RM are a quality team. I think RM will just be too good for Juve but it just depends on the performance of key players on the night for Juve whereas if CR7 has a blinder then nothing will be in there way to the final.

Being on babysitting duty I've found out that RAI shows Seria A which was a nice surprise. a few days ago (Wednesday) Juventus played Fiorentina winning 3-2 taking there lead to 14 points at the top. Unconvincing win, they went down 1-0 before 2 goals to llorente & Tevez before Fiorentina missed a penalty. Late on each team scored 1 each but the result was already secured at 3-1.

Is that on the normal foxtel subscription package??

beIN sports shows a few games a week..

Being on babysitting duty I've found out that RAI shows Seria A which was a nice surprise. a few days ago (Wednesday) Juventus played Fiorentina winning 3-2 taking there lead to 14 points at the top. Unconvincing win, they went down 1-0 before 2 goals to llorente & Tevez before Fiorentina missed a penalty. Late on each team scored 1 each but the result was already secured at 3-1.

Nah it's 942, it's the same concept as beIN you have to pay a subscription outside the normal Foxtel packages.

Nah it's 942, it's the same concept as beIN you have to pay a subscription outside the normal Foxtel packages.

How many live games a week on RAI?

beIN has about 2-3 I think, not quite sure but I know that they show more Bundesliga than any other league, that's up around 5 live games.

How many live games a week on RAI?

beIN has about 2-3 I think, not quite sure but I know that they show more Bundesliga than any other league, that's up around 5 live games.

Not sure, my nonna just watches it on/off & my nonno has late stage dementia so has lost interest completely. I have a feeling the games are just on replay but I'll find out for you next week when I'm staying over.

Celebrate 1 trophy, now concentrate on the next.

Buffon has never won the UCL, this is his best chance. Need to keep a clean sheet at home this week against RM.

I wonder which Juve will show up? That is the real question.

I remember last season's UCL when Juve had RM in the group stage. We matched them. They only won at Juve stadium (iirc) because Chiellini was harshly sent off (Ronaldo holding his face and going down) and Caceres decided to give RM a nice through ball (ie backpass).

Other than that, it was evenly matched. Juve can step up against the big teams when it suits them.

Surely they'll be full of confidence now after wrapping up the Scudetto and 2 games away from the UCL Final.

Celebrate 1 trophy, now concentrate on the next.

Buffon has never won the UCL, this is his best chance. Need to keep a clean sheet at home this week against RM.

I wonder which Juve will show up? That is the real question.

I remember last season's UCL when Juve had RM in the group stage. We matched them. They only won at Juve stadium (iirc) because Chiellini was harshly sent off (Ronaldo holding his face and going down) and Caceres decided to give RM a nice through ball (ie backpass).

Other than that, it was evenly matched. Juve can step up against the big teams when it suits them.

Surely they'll be full of confidence now after wrapping up the Scudetto and 2 games away from the UCL Final.

You don't

it ended 2-2 in Turin...

Madrid have always made life difficult for themselves (apart from last years second leg semi of course)

a win or a 2-2 draw in Turin should do the job for Madrid :)

Yesterday there was a charity match played at the San Siro (for heart health or to feed the poor I think, my Italian is pretty bad) & was headed up by Javier Zanetti. The two teams were called "Expo" (after a expo show just opened in Milan) & Pupi (was Zanetti's nickname when he played). Was pretty special to see the stars of both Inter & AC Milan of the past 10-15 years play on the pitch! Cafu, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Andre Shev, figo, maldini, stankovic, Zanetti & quite a few others

How is that match fixing? Torino are in the running for a Europa League spot, was just a major **** up you see from time to time.

I love this frankly racist and discriminatory tone people have when it comes to Italians and Italian football being "Corrupt" and us being "match fixers", yes because this sort of **** doesn't happen anywhere else. People throwing stones in glass houses and all that...

How is that match fixing? Torino are in the running for a Europa League spot, was just a major **** up you see from time to time.

I love this frankly racist and discriminatory tone people have when it comes to Italians and Italian football being "Corrupt" and us being "match fixers", yes because this sort of **** doesn't happen anywhere else. People throwing stones in glass houses and all that...

Well just so you know that I come from Italian heritage so it's not like I'm throwing the accusations around lightly or know all of the stories which come out of Italy almost yearly in regards to match fixing. I'm sure any regular or irregular betting activity that comes through would get reported to the authorities & investigations of players or bank accounts would ensue. It is just so common place these days & just heard so many stories that it doesn't surprise me (not just Serie A but through all levels)

The stories come out because Italy (and Lega Calcio) have some of the most stringent anti-corruption laws in European football. And Italians like shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to broadcasting all the **** aspects of their football, whilst other leagues sweep a lot of **** under the carpet. If you think there is less corruption in places like Spain and England then you're dreaming.

The stories come out because Italy (and Lega Calcio) have some of the most stringent anti-corruption laws in European football. And Italians like shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to broadcasting all the **** aspects of their football, whilst other leagues sweep a lot of **** under the carpet. If you think there is less corruption in places like Spain and England then you're dreaming.

Fair enough, I'm not saying there is only corruption in Italy or that it doesn't exist anywhere else in Europe but as I said my nonni always have stories to tell me about football in Italy that comes from the papers or RAI.

So much for "**** Italian football" eh? 

Maybe more people should actually watch the games and then make judgements, instead of just reading the biased, moronic and disgustingly inaccurate **** that comes from overseas (especially English) journos. 

Juve in the CL final, and Napoli with a very good chance of making the EL final.

Italian football improving every year. Now they just need to fix up the stadiums!

Maybe more people should actually watch the games and then make judgements, instead of just reading the biased, moronic and disgustingly inaccurate **** that comes from overseas (especially English) journos. 

Juve in the CL final, and Napoli with a very good chance of making the EL final.

Italian football improving every year. Now they just need to fix up the stadiums!

Would be good to get Serie A on Fox (not that BeIN sport channel) so people can watch the games!! Even if it's just 1-2 games a week just to test the waters on how popular it could be! I'd think people would be interested in watching Juve, Roma, Napoli, Torino & to a lessor degree the two Milan clubs.

It is the EPL lovers that come up with those crappy comments,

ask them how the teams from the "best league in the world" are doing?, move 10 steps back though, they might throw punches when you ask them that :D