Music Thread 2

mack

To your question....

"If you were into Yes, did you like Emerson Lake and Palmer? Jethro Tull? Moody Blues? Crosby Stills Nash and Young?

All those types?"

Hahahaha don't get me started!

Moodies in my top 10 groups of all time very under rated if they had been around a few years earlier they would have been considered one of the greats..

My fav Moodies song from "A Question of Balance"

Absolutely love that song.

Bit of a fan of LRB (yes, I know...daggy as fook) and the career of Glen Shorrock. I remember when they were the first Australian band to really make it big in the US in the late 70s, and it's rather piss-poor how things have ended up with their name now being used by a bunch of interlopers and wannabes. Glen and other key members Beeb Birtles and Graham Goble aren't allowed to use their own band name.

Oh, and the John Farnham led LRB was a bit ordinary...give me the classic line up every day:

Might be a silly question, but ....you know this band Goat?

I haven't noticed them posted before... however.... :pardon:

Probably not your style - although you give a wide range of musical styles a go. Swedish I think.

John Peel was right, this is one of the best ever tunes (do you Aussies know who John Peel was https://www.theguardian.com/film/2001/nov/02/londonfilmfestival2001.londonfilmfestival

Know JP quite well, and have heard his passion about the Undertones here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00940m5

You might like this Boro..

(Head to about the 50 second mark)

Just on 60's Aussie classic ... in its own weird way this is a classic... sorta the for runner to Norman Gunston  ... the Skeek of Scrubby Creek ... not meant to be serious twas a joke sung in a song weird clothes etc... 

Maybe not quite the norm ... but certainty Aussie..

and who can forget Aunty Jack