Politics Thread 3: With A Vengeance

mack

Guest mickisnot

The title is very fitting. This is the story:

Without Zip at the helm promoting peace, prosperity and greener pastures Wendybr, Carns and Cynth [The Left] will assume total control of the Democratic Club Republic of Free Speech and Dignity (short handed as Club Pol). The other major players Ciudadmarron, StavUp, Jacko, UncleGoat will fit into the system as their goal is to educate themselves further about the world. Nnnnnathan is Ricky Muir in disguise and is easily tamed at the thought of motor cars.

Legionista is uncontrollable and will troll whoever whenever with reactionary gifs.

Jo and I will lead an underground resistance movement named the White Lotus. We'll be truly oppressed amongst equality quotas that include speech, physiology and thought. We'll try our best to bring free and open speech back on to the agenda but will face continual punishment for our articles, quotes and anything that isn't deemed as 'nice' 

Nine out of every ten articles in the thread will be either from GetUp, The Guardian or a Burnside opinion piece (presumably on asylum seekers).

Zip will be watching on ... lurking in the shadows ... He will be burning ...

One day Jo will post an article critiquing modern day liberalism and the left will call him heartless and a bigot. They'll also say it in a really smug way too that makes it look like they're right. Jo will take a really bad hit, and I'll come into the fray to try and defend him but i'll be left battered and bruised.

It is there that Zip will make his shining entrance ... He'll be ready for the up hill battle ...

Because he's not the hero. He's a silent guardian, the watchful protector. ZipGunBop

The title is very fitting. This is the story:

Without Zip at the helm promoting peace, prosperity and greener pastures Wendybr, Carns and Cynth [The Left] will assume total control of the Democratic Club Republic of Free Speech and Dignity (short handed as Club Pol). The other major players Ciudadmarron, StavUp, Jacko, UncleGoat will fit into the system as their goal is to educate themselves further about the world. Nnnnnathan is Ricky Muir in disguise and is easily tamed at the thought of motor cars.

Legionista is uncontrollable and will troll whoever whenever with reactionary gifs.

Jo and I will lead an underground resistance movement named the White Lotus. We'll be truly oppressed amongst equality quotas that include speech, physiology and thought. We'll try our best to bring free and open speech back on to the agenda but will face continual punishment for our articles, quotes and anything that isn't deemed as 'nice' 

Nine out of every ten articles in the thread will be either from GetUp, The Guardian or a Burnside opinion piece (presumably on asylum seekers).

Zip will be watching on ... lurking in the shadows ... He will be burning ...

One day Jo will post an article critiquing modern day liberalism and the left will call him heartless and a bigot. They'll also say it in a really smug way too that makes it look like they're right. Jo will take a really bad hit, and I'll come into the fray to try and defend him but i'll be left battered and bruised.

It is there that Zip will make his shining entrance ... He'll be ready for the up hill battle ...

Because he's not the hero. He's a silent guardian, the watchful protector. ZipGunBop

Haha very creative!

I'll try to play my role well.

Guest mickisnot

I'm glad you asked. There's a scene that has you whipping me with lashes after I suggest that Section 18C of the racial discrimination act isn't necessary in today's society.

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/lose-prohibition-to-help-win-war-on-drugs-20150406-1meqoe.html

Well Well Well.

A lawyer from Sydney called Tim Dick even gets it.

Now if the gov produces and sells we can do away with income tax for everyone.  Won't happen as respective leaders need to create an enemy to be tough on to win elections even though it would severely cripple organised crime overnight.

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/lose-prohibition-to-help-win-war-on-drugs-20150406-1meqoe.html

Well Well Well.

Well Well Well.

"Superintendent McNulty". The Wire crew lol.

Anyways, legalisation and regulation of these substances is obviously the better approach. It won't eradicate all the problems but it will significantly reduce them.

What role do i play? :nono: :nono:  maybe i shouldn't have asked!

Mack and you are taking turns shutting the current thread down, and opening a new one, in the hope it will be less argumentative.

What have i missed??

Last time I was here Zip had given me some homework with a 90 minute video on Capitalism without guilt. (which i watched)

It challenged me so much that whilst at the in-laws over easter I even read most of a book about the "Coming economic Armageddon" written by some American Right wing Christian guy who cherry picked bits from the bible to prove that the current Economic meltdown in greece will precipitate the formation of a new and expanded union of countries and will be lead by the Antichrist who'll make us all get a chip inserted into our foreheads or wrists if we want to buy stuff. (I didn't get to the end so not sure how that all turns out but he also told me that the UN is bad because it supports palestine more than holocaust survivors and welfare and medicare started the whole economic ball rolling down hill not bankers and stockmarket players like Bernie Madoff or the CEO's of Enron etc.)

Any way now i come back and read that Zip is gone!!!???!!!  

I did all that research for nothing. To think I could've read the book "Whats so amazing about grace?" which was next to the economic armageddon one. 

Whose got the abbreviated version of what happened. don't make me read the 3+ pages of new content on the forum since I logged off and drove into the sunset with my family on Thursday evening. 

What role do i play? :nono: :nono:  maybe i shouldn't have asked!

Mack and you are taking turns shutting the current thread down, and opening a new one, in the hope it will be less argumentative.

I don't see that being the case, that is...... that it was too argumentative The thread had got to 180 something pages...and Mack shuts them usually at around 100 pages??

Things there on the last thread  had been fairly amicable as far as I can recall...and pretty tame at the end (but I haven't gone back to reread the last little bit).

Maybe I missed something, but it generally isn't too hostile.............is it??  

Hahahaha ................maybe I've just been de-sensitised.   :aggressive:  :aggressive:  :vava:  :vava:  :aggressive:  :aggressive:

:pardon:  :pardon:

:D

Guest mickisnot

The only obscene amounts of heat that I remember was when the thread first opened up and shots were being fired left, right and centre. We had lock outs every other week! God they were good times...

Lock outs were for Politics Thread No1.   It was shut down for months...then terminated amidst ominous "that's it folks" type statements from above.

No 2 didn't have that.........................did it??

If so, I don't remember it, so it can't have been that dramatic??    :unknw:

Less nostalgia, more arguments.

If this is going to turn out to be a feel good and nostalgia about the past politics threads then it will become a very lonely place.

Anyway we had a topic going. Drugs. Where's the polarisation? Where are the strongly held clashing views? Cmon!

Let's talk about drugs baby.

Guest mickisnot

Wendy I copy and pasted my article for the day and I'll post another article tomorrow etc

During Zips hiatus I'll continue to post articles I've read.

One day I'll post something that will offend everybody and the thread will kick off at super sonic speed

Guest mickisnot

"While there are always many factors at play that help determine election outcomes, including the selection of strong candidates and energised, well-resourced volunteer networks, it seems clear the Greens’ strong opposition to the WestConnex and alternate vision for expanding public transport; and opposition to coal-seam gas mining, along with a realistic plan to shift to a renewable energy powered economy, was rewarded by voters in Sydney and in the regions."

Over statement of the century. Labors blatant corruption did more to shift votes.

Men turn away from PM: poll

Liberal party leadership losing male voters as support for Labor climbs.    11:17am, Apr 7, 2015

tony-abbott.jpg?w=740&h=385&zc=1&q=90&a=

Prime Minister Tony Abbott is losing the men's vote. Photo: Getty

Both men and women appear to be tiring of Tony Abbott’s Liberal Party leadership, with male support for the party now at its lowest point since 2009.

Male support for the Coalition is down 10 points since the 2013 election and is at a level not seen since Malcolm Turnbull was leader, according to Newspoll surveys conducted for News Corp.

• Why Joe Hockey must stop treating us like idiots

Male support for the Labor Party, however, has climbed to a high of 38 per cent, while support for Labor from women is at 40 per cent, outstripping the Coalition for the first time since Kevin Rudd was prime minister.

Coalition support among women is 37 per cent.

The analysis, based on Newspoll surveys of 4667 voters in the March quarter, also shows Mr Abbott’s satisfaction among men and women has fallen below 30 per cent for the first time.

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten’s satisfaction among men and women was 37 per cent, roughly 10 points higher than Mr Abbott.

Meanwhile, a separate Newspoll in Western Australia shows the Labor Party has recorded its first Newspoll lead since 2008.

According to the poll, Labor leads Premier Colin Barnett’s Liberal-National government 52 per cent to 48 per cent on a two-party basis.

Guest mickisnot

if your leader is a homophobic, xenophobic, racist, stupid, sexist ****wit it doesn't matter what your party represents - there will be a backlash.

how anyone ever thought this man could run a country is beyond me.

How about 'no to a plant in an obviously dangerous location in a country hammered by tsunamis and earthquakes because putting one in a safer location is just a much better idea'?

.Anyway we had a topic going. Drugs. Where's the polarisation? Where are the strongly held clashing views? Cmon!

:unknw:  :search:   :unknw:   :search:   :unknw:   :search:   :unknw:

:sad:

Crickets and tumble weeds.

There's not that much polarisation out there amongst sensible people.  The only opposition to decriminalisation I come across are those who think that arresting kids for possession in small quantities somehow scares kids into not taking drugs.  These same people can't answer the question "what is the difference between alcohol and other drugs that makes alcohol legal and the others illegal?" beyond "well, other drugs are illegal so they must be bad.  The gov'mint says it so it must be true.