Sign in to follow this  
Midfielder

Youtube

Now when all you folk from Western Sydney come up to Gods country be assured you can see that Woy Woy is Venice of Australia... from a newsreel played maybe world over in the early days when sound when the film i.e. the Talkies 

Enjoy ... its just HHHHHmmmmm just a nice watch ... enjoy...

The national film and sound archive are uploading some terrific stuff at the moment. 

17 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Now when all you folk from Western Sydney come up to Gods country be assured you can see that Woy Woy is Venice of Australia... from a newsreel played maybe world over in the early days when sound when the film i.e. the Talkies 

At the risk of sounding like an old codger, I actually got a bit dewy-eyed watching that.  So refreshing to see people outside enjoying life's simple pleasures with not a mobile phone in sight.

Also, did anyone else think the kid on the jetty with a fishing rod looked a bit like a young Matt Simon?

17 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

At the risk of sounding like an old codger, I actually got a bit dewy-eyed watching that.  So refreshing to see people outside enjoying life's simple pleasures with not a mobile phone in sight.

Also, did anyone else think the kid on the jetty with a fishing rod looked a bit like a young Matt Simon?

Lee

You may like this its from 1980 & it's a gentle folk song from I guess the 1920's . The song is about the fun you have going to the beach and then coming home... not to serious but hhhmmmm nice and reflective of a time lot sense passed almost a social history lesson in a song.

Hope you like it ... BTW agree that newsreel did show the simple pleasures of life and being outdoors...

Hope you enjoy mate..

This guys videos always make me laugh and his intelligence blows me anyway as well:

I feel like I have posted this before but probably on a different thread

youtube tells me that youtube is in trouble in australia, is this a real thing? because i cant imagine it, that said we do have mr i want to be a dictator in power right now

No. Google are lying because they're in a fight with other large media companies about having to share revenue for content they're putting on their sites.

20 minutes ago, mack said:

No. Google are lying because they're in a fight with other large media companies about having to share revenue for content they're putting on their sites.

thank you that does make sense, i mean i dont trust the government(which i assumed it was about), dont trust the large media companies in australia and dont trust youtube :Pso its always hard to tell who is lying this time :P 

15 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

thank you that does make sense, i mean i dont trust the government(which i assumed it was about), dont trust the large media companies in australia and dont trust youtube :Pso its always hard to tell who is lying this time :P 

We have created a very questioning society.... and many people today join a group ... say left / right... thankfully there are more swingers today ... but many on the left and right   today are almost in a cult ... in that their side can do no wrong and the other no right..

Sometimes and its rare the left and right in Australia agree ... and one issue they broadly agree on is the growing influence of tech companies and the loss of journalist in particular in traditional media companies...

That google, facebook and others profit from people linking articles is of no doubt, that neither paid a cent for the content is not questioned, that they take no responsibility for whats published is also not in question...

The Australian government both sides agree that there should be some way the source of something thats earns a tech company money should share in that money seems to me anyway correct... especially if it keeps journalist employed...

That the tech companies oppose this so much is because the world is watching this .... many countries will follow suit ...

This IMO is one of those left / right,  issues were both sides have maybe for different reasons the same desired outcome.... 

I hope the government hold their nerve, and the opposition don't try and make politics out of it...

2 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

We have created a very questioning society.... and many people today join a group ... say left / right... thankfully there are more swingers today ... but many on the left and right   today are almost in a cult ... in that their side can do no wrong and the other no right..

Sometimes and its rare the left and right in Australia agree ... and one issue they broadly agree on is the growing influence of tech companies and the loss of journalist in particular in traditional media companies...

That google, facebook and others profit from people linking articles is of no doubt, that neither paid a cent for the content is not questioned, that they take no responsibility for whats published is also not in question...

The Australian government both sides agree that there should be some way the source of something thats earns a tech company money should share in that money seems to me anyway correct... especially if it keeps journalist employed...

That the tech companies oppose this so much is because the world is watching this .... many countries will follow suit ...

This IMO is one of those left / right,  issues were both sides have maybe for different reasons the same desired outcome.... 

I hope the government hold their nerve, and the opposition don't try and make politics out of it...

i am thankful for more swingers

seriously though i completely agree with you, humans like to group things and i think no matter what side you are on, i do agree that even if i dont like most of them journalists should be paid for their work

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

i am thankful for more swingers

seriously though i completely agree with you, humans like to group things and i think no matter what side you are on, i do agree that even if i dont like most of them journalists should be paid for their work

I have never been a party person, my first time voting was December 75, and I voted on a single issue and that was to end conscription... 

Since then I have only lost two federal elections where the side I voted for lost, the first election Fraser won, and last election the climate polices of the Libs was / is insane at federal level...  at state level have always voted for the party that won...

I have friends on both the left and the right, and they seem to be hhhhhmmmmmm almost blind to there sides wrongs an example is Trump supporters who cheer him locking up parents and kids in cages and then separating them... beyond that if there side puts out a policy it gets support .... within both parties there are groups so in the Libs most support Climate Change but are too scared to stand up at least at Federal level to those that oppose it... this is partly driven by the almost cult like left & right folk... I have had conversations with hard line right folk who are in total denial of the science, costing, engineering break thoughts of renewable technologies .... yet will insist that carbon capture is an affordable and working technology ... so effectively  only using science when  that supports your view... [BTW carbon capture is many years away if ever and the costs is huge] ... 

But thats the way things work today for many ... 

As an aside in the US today over 30% of the population have said they don't believe in science and science experts... and its growing... climate deniers, anti vaccine folk, flat earth folk.... the moon landing and SpaceX  flights are fake.... 

Edited by Midfielder

Beer ad for music folk?????????/

Listen to the first half hour .... hhhhmmmm the first bit is a tad hard to listen to but then they start talking about the brain.... OMFG ...

OMFG

Been a big fan of this guy and his channel. He basically hunts down scammers and reports them until their business is ceased.