Football & The Media 2015/16

Sorry gents, have never rated him. I think he's been solid at best. I was surprised when he was handed the armband. I don't post here often as usually someone who doesn't tow the line is told to support ESFC. I grew up where everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine is he's not a quality captain and has been found wanting every time a senior defender is unavailable. But I'm not Popa, I guess Popa sees something different than I do.

^^ Fair enough, who would you have given the armband too?

Me personally I have always liked the idea of a keeper with the armband coz they can see everything up the park and should be organising their defence anyways. My favourite keeper/captain of all time was the great Dino Zoff.

Sorry gents, have never rated him. I think he's been solid at best. I was surprised when he was handed the armband. I don't post here often as usually someone who doesn't tow the line is told to support ESFC. I grew up where everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine is he's not a quality captain and has been found wanting every time a senior defender is unavailable. But I'm not Popa, I guess Popa sees something different than I do.

No need to interpret them disagreeing with you as an attack. It's a discussion forum, if everyone agreed on everything a forum would be pointless.

Me personally I have always liked the idea of a keeper with the armband coz they can see everything up the park and should be organising their defence anyways. My favourite keeper/captain of all time was the great Dino Zoff.

Yeah I like someone in central defense or goalkeeper as captain for the same reason. From a keeper's perspective though, whenever I had the armband, I found it really hard to do as a keeper. Especially if your team is dominating, as you're 40-50 meters away from the rest of the team for most of the game. Personally I like NTS as our captain because of his position on the field, his relaxed personality and because he never shuts up on the field. Spira would be another obvious choice, but he's more of a lead by example kind of guy. If you watch NTS closely, he's always talking to the young boys (especially Aspro), that's my type of captain

And that is the problem, we lack leaders. Would rather Spira have been handed it tbh. Poljak, if he was more authoritarian would be great. Represents the jersey with pride. Had the pleasure of meeting him at the FFA cup game in Adelaide, only one that actually stopped to talk to us other than Popa. And Megs was a fantastic leader, he had a presence on field we have lacked since he left. Once again, Topor is our captain and I will support that because I'm a nobody and Popa is a somebody. I'm not big on keepers being captains, they are left behind when the play moves upfield. Not saying they aren't great leaders though. Good to have a dominant keeper.

Me personally I have always liked the idea of a keeper with the armband coz they can see everything up the park and should be organising their defence anyways. My favourite keeper/captain of all time was the great Rene Higuita.

rene-higuita-o.gif

Oh yes, how could I ever forget the great Chilavert as well...LOL..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGAwjTizCjE

Me personally I have always liked the idea of a keeper with the armband coz they can see everything up the park and should be organising their defence anyways. My favourite keeper/captain of all time was the great Rene Higuita.

rene-higuita-o.gif

Oh yes, how could I ever forget the great Chilavert as well...LOL..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGAwjTizCjE

I always remember Chilavert for this

"Pressure? This is just a football match. When you do not know how to feed your children, that is pressure."  

Jose Luis ChilavertGoal keeper for Paraguay, said during France 98 World Cup (soccer/football)

You're entitled to your view. Absolutely and without question. I often feel my own support of NTS is in the minority on this forum. He's generally one of the first names offered up as ones people are happy to let go when the transfer rumors start.

I rated NTS as a defender in season 1 because he was safe as houses. When in doubt, kick it out (my own mantra as a CB tbqh). I didn't rate him as a Megzy replacement in season 2 until I saw our grand final fall apart without him. I thought that was just a once off until he was injured early this season and our boys looked lost without him.

To me, NTS is one of those guys that as an outsider lookingin you don't miss until he's not there. We've seen Bridge and Spira both wear the armband this year, and in my view both had no impact as leaders on the field. They have played well, but I don't feel they they stood out as the cohesive glue that leaders must be.

Look, this is just my view. WSF is a rich tapestry of opinions (and JayZko). I maintain that NTS has a gravitas amongst the playing roster that is not immediately apparent to our outsider eye. You are more than welcome to disagree.

You're entitled to your view. Absolutely and without question. I often feel my own support of NTS is in the minority on this forum. He's generally one of the first names offered up as ones people are happy to let go when the transfer rumors start.

I rated NTS as a defender in season 1 because he was safe as houses. When in doubt, kick it out (my own mantra as a CB tbqh). I didn't rate him as a Megzy replacement in season 2 until I saw our grand final fall apart without him. I thought that was just a once off until he was injured early this season and our boys looked lost without him.

To me, NTS is one of those guys that as an outsider lookingin you don't miss until he's not there. We've seen Bridge and Spira both wear the armband this year, and in my view both had no impact as leaders on the field. They have played well, but I don't feel they they stood out as the cohesive glue that leaders must be.

Look, this is just my view. WSF is a rich tapestry of opinions (and JayZko). I maintain that NTS has a gravitas amongst the playing roster that is not immediately apparent to our outsider eye. You are more than welcome to disagree.

^^^  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

he's chucking random commas now. haha

Edited by karimu

I kid because I love ^_^

Bulut has played his last game for WSW. 

Despite being a fan favourite, his attitude towards other squad members & on field theatrics, made him unpopular within the camp & with sponsors. 

Any hope of him obtaining another deal with WSW, was destroyed after the scuffle in the sheds, following the Perth game.

Woah. Well, fair enough, if he had to go. I have loved Bulut's passion, but there needs to be a cohesion and synergy, in intent, approach and attitude, between the players when they're on the pitch. A team player.

Good luck to him, he brought some life back into a fairly depleted and depressed Wanderers team at a crucial time in our season - for that I will be grateful. 

Roll on Season 4, lets get our recruitment right this time

Despite being a fan favourite, his attitude towards other squad members & on field theatrics, made him unpopular within the camp & with sponsors. 

Any hope of him obtaining another deal with WSW, was destroyed after the scuffle in the sheds, following the Perth game.

Woah. Well, fair enough, if he had to go. I have loved Bulut's passion, but there needs to be a cohesion and synergy, in intent, approach and attitude, between the players when they're on the pitch. A team player.

Good luck to him, he brought some life back into a fairly depleted and depressed Wanderers team at a crucial time in our season - for that I will be grateful. 

His 2 goals on debut were awesome, in a Derby no less. Brought the house down and at the time thought I was witnessing the birth of a Wanderers legend. It's a shame it's not played out. Better man management could have helped? Low balling him in negotiations certainly didn't, nor did his response on and off the pitch when he felt he wasn't wanted anymore. When mentally in it, he is up there with any striker in the league.

His 2 goals on debut were awesome, in a Derby no less. Brought the house down and at the time thought I was witnessing the birth of a Wanderers legend. It's a shame it's not played out. Better man management could have helped? Low balling him in negotiations certainly didn't, nor did his response on and off the pitch when he felt he wasn't wanted anymore. When mentally in it, he is up there with any striker in the league.

i would hate him to join another A-league club and score a brace against us

I wish Bulut all the best at another club, good luck mate...

Good luck with any club putting up with that attitude and behaviour..

Big ego`s arent necessarily a bad thing in the composition of an athlete, in fact probably an asset, but All I see is Bulut getting himself in awkward positions, frequently offside, and always with his arms in the air complaining about not getting his way...He isnt that good to put up with the discontent caused..

Cheers mate...

That is why people need to wait a while before putting players up on a pedal stool. he was never going to be a legend or last more than 2 years.

right move by the board and sponsors.

I hate "announcement by Facebook".

Oh well, neither starting striker after tonight - will be a big cleanout by the looks of it.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/western-sydney-wanderers/tomi-juric-announces-he-is-leaving-western-sydney-wanderers-on-facebook-20150505-ggu78o.html

Nice comment already under the article. Everyone hates us..!

I hate "announcement by Facebook".

Oh well, neither starting striker after tonight - will be a big cleanout by the looks of it.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/western-sydney-wanderers/tomi-juric-announces-he-is-leaving-western-sydney-wanderers-on-facebook-20150505-ggu78o.html

Nice comment already under the article. Everyone hates us..!

"Bernie" is a smurf.

The message is two-fold: the Wanderers don't need to be winning to have the hearts and minds of their supporters represented and engaged but a strong Wanderers is required to thrust the A-League into the mindset of a fickle sporting market, just as willing to ditch as a loser as it is to embrace a winner.

Aint that the truth