Football & The Media 2015/16

someone should send it to the football media, like Craig Foster, he needs to be called out on this

I am sure he will come back with, "it was taken out of context, I meant to say that its like park football, no one cars for it" or something like that...

Eddie's only way of maintaining his relevance is to make ridiculously stupid statements that say more about him than what it is that he's even trying to have a stab about. Not to mention that his millionaire hot seat show is only viewed by people in waiting rooms and foyers with the sound off so they only have to put up with the site of his big mouth. No one is as insecure as Eddie.

Guest NSWanderer15

Doesn't surprise me coming from Mr Mcdumbass! I bet he doesn't even know that Man Citys and Real Madrids transfer budgets are worth more than his club. Oh and everybody knows about your sport too, except it's massively boring and requires a massive amount of luck to win.

Can some techie geek get the actual sound file of him saying this please and PM me... I will do the rest. Thank you.

I you want to play AFL professionally huh?

I think so

Can you run fast?

yes

Can you jump high?

yes

Can you kick a ball really far?

yes

Great, we'll sign you

Wow, didn't realise, so NTS has been playing the wrong sport all along??  :smurfnono:

Can some techie geek get the actual sound file of him saying this please and PM me... I will do the rest. Thank you.

I think so

Can you run fast?

yes

Can you jump high?

yes

yes

Great, we'll sign you

Wow, didn't realise, so NTS has been playing the wrong sport all along??  :smurfnono:

i dont know what you are planning but i am going to bet it will be entertaining

I hate "announcement by Facebook".

Oh well, neither starting striker after tonight - will be a big cleanout by the looks of it.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/western-sydney-wanderers/tomi-juric-announces-he-is-leaving-western-sydney-wanderers-on-facebook-20150505-ggu78o.html

Nice comment already under the article. Everyone hates us..!

"Bernie" is a smurf.

Yeah, I gave 'Bernie' a quick and polite reply on SMH in my lunch break.

But no surprises the Eastern Morning Herald hasn't gotten around to 'publishing' it yet.

Bloody smurf lovers!!!

Lol at the comments, can't believe how serious they get with their comments hahaha

My goodness. The muppets in the comments section are hilarious. My favourite one said (I'm paraphrasing) that sokkah probably will become the biggest because 4-5 kicks can get a ball and kick it around, and in this day and age kids gets everything on a silver platter so they'll play the sport that is easier to play. Lol

Lol at the comments, can't believe how serious they get with their comments hahaha

My goodness. The muppets in the comments section are hilarious. My favourite one said (I'm paraphrasing) that sokkah probably will become the biggest because 4-5 kicks can get a ball and kick it around, and in this day and age kids gets everything on a silver platter so they'll play the sport that is easier to play. Lol

I started reading the comments, but had to close the page. I understand people like to stick up for their favourite sport but it's cringe worthy from the AFL fans.

And a sport that came straight from Rugby no matter what they try to tell you about aborigines.

I thought it was created by cricketers to keep themselves fit during winter, hence the oval. either way, your point still stands

The bloke who came up with the initial rules went to school at Rugby and played it there. He then played cricket at Cambridge at the same time when students there were trying to come up with definite rules for football that would combine the various school games around at the time.

He came back to Australia and comes up with the rules. He wanted to get football started like he'd seen at "home". Yes, in the offseason. But not specifically for that purpose. More as a, cricket's not on, what else can we do - I know, football. What rules shall we use?

If you read the rules, they are not much different to the rugby/Cambridge rules around at the time and many other football rules being developed elsewhere.

They'll tell you he got the idea for it watching aborigines play their own game. That's bollocks, there is absolutely no evidence that the tribes near his homestead ever played anything like it. THe story comes from his grandson who as an old man gave an interview where he said his mum had told him her dad used to play with Aborigines.

They might also tell you it came from Gaelic football. That's also bollocks. Gaelic was developed formally later that aussie rules, and it existed before that for many many years but we don't have record of the inventors having anything to do with it, while we do with Rugby.

That's not to say that it didn't develop into it's own thing which is only played here.

But it wasn't invented to be an Australian sport, and it wasn't invented in a vacuum.

I think so

Can you run fast?

yes

Can you jump high?

yes

yes

Great, we'll sign you

http://www.futhead.com/15/players/13035/nikolai-topor-stanley/

Pretty sure you'll find that speed is what has limited him to being a mere footballer