Sydney Stadiums Discussion (Not Parramatta)

Does anyone have a link to these updates?

Higher than illustrated tree line! FOPP incoming :o

FOPP?
**** Off Paul Pogba

Nah :P

Just the old Friends Of Parramatta Park. They'll be most unimpressed

**** them.

Seriously, the current site is a unique site for a city the size of Parramatta, and the friends of Parramatta Park should be thankful that the other 300 acres are remaining wholly unaffected.

Safe standing looks extremely unlikely under judging by that brief. It just blows my mind that the league & ARU reps are against safe standing. They even refused to watch a 5 minute video explaining how it works, FFS. How can they be so against something when they don't even know what it is???

Edited by Alexander

In regards to underground carparking.

It will be too expensive, they will need to dig a massive hole. On grade carparking is cheaper to design and less to construct. Also the plus side is we have the space to do it.

Looking at the concept plan. There may be issues with queuing when getting out of the site. Which is an existing problem anyway.

Safe standing looks extremely unlikely under judging by that brief. It just blows my mind that the league & ARU reps are against safe standing. They even refused to watch a 5 minute video explaining how it works, FFS. How can they be so against something when they don't even know what it is???

Then the Eels and the ARU have no grounds for complaints about any broken chairs or anything in the new stadium when they were given the option of having a terrace that could be both safe standing AND seating, it would cater to both WSW and the Eels. They were offered the best of both worlds and took none. 

Then the Eels and the ARU have no grounds for complaints about any broken chairs or anything in the new stadium when they were given the option of having a terrace that could be both safe standing AND seating, it would cater to both WSW and the Eels. They were offered the best of both worlds and took none. 

They were against but we were strongly for it... suggestion the options were: strongly for, for, neutral, against, strongly against... We win.

Long way to go yet. Hopefully the designers can see the benefit. Our officials should be pushing the safety angle to government and the legacy angle to designers (and a little bit of vice-versa).

Makes a lot of sense to have it. The argument for is a lot stronger than that against it. The only reason not to have it is that the league and union won't use it... BS! I guarantee if that open that area up for them they'd love it.

The templates they have aren't too far off one of my earlier designs...

12009622_10153738916917518_3255307300340

Watching league live is all about standing on top of a hill downing beers.

How is that any different? Instead of it being a grassy hill its a concrete hill.

I don't understand watching live league games. No appeal at all. If I want to sit down and watch a game without people blocking my view. Just watch it at home.

If I want **** atmosphere and bogans yelling sub-human words I would go to Westfields foodcourt in Parra or Livo.

To make a submission or to view the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), go to majorprojects.planning.nsw.gov.au.

Written submissions can be made to the Department of Planning and Environment, Stadium,

Attn: Director — Social and Other Infrastructure Assessments, GPO Box 39, Sydney, NSW 2001.

The application and EIS are also available to view in person at 23-33 Bridge St, Sydney, 126 Church St, Parramatta and Parramatta Heritage and Visitor Information Centre, 346A Church St.

Submissions can be made until Friday, August 19.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/parramatta/new-western-sydney-stadium-environmental-impact-statement-on-public-exhibition/news-story/f867eb284dde03ee3006003cd1d54b57

If you want to have your say on the plans, submit ideas etc.

Edited by FCWanderers

How is that any different? Instead of it being a grassy hill its a concrete hill.

I don't understand watching live league games. No appeal at all. If I want to sit down and watch a game without people blocking my view. Just watch it at home.

If I want **** atmosphere and bogans yelling sub-human words I would go to Westfields foodcourt in blacktown or Livo.

fixed

If I want **** atmosphere and bogans yelling sub-human words I would go to Westfields foodcourt in blacktown or Livo.

fixed

Put a cup holder on each seat rail and boom they will love it!

I hope the stadium designers and builders, who eventually get to build the new stadium at Parramatta take notes on the prevailing weather conditions and climate at the proposed site, especially over the upcoming summer period, when deciding how to position and design the new stadium.

The new Levi stadium (home of the 49ers) in Santa Clara which hosted the 2016 Super Bowl 50 might be considered be the worlds most connected stadium and rated best in the world for fan experience but it has a major 'glaring' problem according to 49ers fans.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-fans-beg-team-to-fix-the-1-3-billion-levis-stadiums-one-major-flaw/

http://ninernoise.com/2016/07/21/49ers-should-add-shade-to-levis-stadium/

http://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/index.ssf/2016/07/san_francisco_49ers_fans_say_l.html

Retrofitting a solution looks like it could be difficult.

Edited by FCWanderers

You're not the only one. Don't know how anyone can suggest it's 'one of the best stadiums in the US'. Based on what, wifi?

Who cares about free wifi if you're getting heat stroke

Consistently gets brought up as being one of the best. The pollies and scg trust people went on their fact finding mission there. And returned gushing after their corporate experience and seeing comfortable seats and television screens and WiFi ordering etc etc.

Without mentioning that the fans ******* hate it.

A lot of what's wrong with the world summed up in this place.

How the **** do you build a stadium in California and not put a cover on it?

Am I the only one who thinks it's looks **** as well? The complete lack of symmetry just bugs me.

forty-niners-stadium-07-21-16.jpg

That picture you've effectively got 4 different tiers and the office block looking thing on the left side. Awful.

I can't agree more on how rubbish this thing looks.

The upgrades made in Aus and US end up like this. Should look at how Barca are upgrading.

I don't think that's a good design but I like asymmetry in design (providing it doesn't come at the expense of functionality). Gives it some character, makes it recognizable, makes it feel like you couldn't be anywhere else if it's done well.

That is not, clearly.

I don't think that's a good design but I like asymmetry in design (providing it doesn't come at the expense of functionality). Gives it some character, makes it recognizable, makes it feel like you couldn't be anywhere else if it's done well.

That is not, clearly.

I agree, I like asymmetry in design also when done well. See the symetrical stadiums built in England like Middlesbrough's Riverside and Derby's Pride Park for the symmetrical 'flat pack' out of the box bland stadium design, two grounds, built around the same time on the cheap, different coloured seats is about as different as it gets. These are stadiums designed by engineers with with no creativity who threw the original architects plans in the 'too hard bin'  ;)

Some of the best modern stadiums have asymmetry and a quirkiness to them.

Edited by WSWBoro