mack

Sydney Stadiums Discussion (Not Parramatta)

So disappointed in my seats. We are Red members and we have no view at all of the entire side line and either corner on our near side. We are in the third row and the entire sideline is blocked by advertising barriers! I didn't pay Red membership to have such a restricted view!

I have a massive issue with any stadium that puts its advertisement so close to the field that you can't see the sidelines or bylines. It's simply not good enough. At both ANZ and Spotless you can be right up the back of the lower section and not be able to see the lines. Not to mention the amount of times that players nearly injure themselves on the stupid things.

Apart from that, I actually enjoyed the stadium more than I thought I would. Good echo on most of the songs.

The sound (of the RBB) really was great, which to me was the only positive of that venue.

I'm REALLY glad it's going to work out for the RBB. If their effectiveness was as compromised as the experience of some other supporters, we'd be in real trouble imho (and I'm not including myself in that...others are far worse off than we are from the look of that photo Prydz posted).

The advertising banners are annoying we are a few rows back and a bay over from that photo (edge of black membership next bay over is red) and it's not too bad. Can't quite see the side line on our side but you can see the play.

Being back a few rows makes a massive difference.

Overall I was pretty happy with spotless could have been so much worse, it's not parra but it will do. The noise level is good, view is better than I though it would be

Had little man with me so I drove to Lidcombe and then for train from there which worked pretty well.

So you are on the lower tier??

That looks absolutely ridiculous for Red membership!

Yeah it doesn't look good. That photo is NOT a red membership.

This just smacks of either laziness, or lack of knowledge. You can't just put all red members in the front rows based solely on where the bay is in relation to the field. Even if you have to put some people that bought cheaper tickets in the same bay as the more expensive ones, then do it. But don't put your expensive seats in the front row, especially of a stadium where the advertising signs are in the way.

Was pretty happy with Spotless.

- Easy to get in and out

- Plenty of food options

- active is close to the pitch

- Alexander friendly :good:

Yep. Agree on all counts. Beer and food was QUICK. It certainly was Alexander friendly, right behind RBB with a good view of Boris.

One question on the RBB section - is it possible to walk around Spotless, from section to section?

I ask because I don't know where other RBB members are going to fit, if all the people in that section tonight were RBB, and given it was a Sunday night we'd expect a few more to be there next time. There were plenty of people standing up the back.

99% sure you can go around the whole stadium. I covered at least 50% of it pre game.

The view of Boris was great. Got to witness him giving the passengers an absolute bollocking :lol:

I'm a Red member x6. Happy with both ANZ and Spotless seating, bay 402 at Spotless until we get back to Parra.

Tonite the RBB sounded great, great echo, will be awesome if we can sell out Spotless.

Went to get coffee, stood behind the RBB, great experience, was very surprised I wasn't asked to move on.

99% sure you can go around the whole stadium. I covered at least 50% of it pre game.

The view of Boris was great. Got to witness him giving the passengers an absolute bollocking :lol:

I walked around the whole joint at half time.

EXcEPT for my bay... exited one side and came back in the other. I mention this because that's the reason I didn't notice Alexander until I was back at my seat and turned around and then the second half started. :lol:

But yes you can go all round.

I sat in 236 which was next to the away bay and I can tell you the RBB sounded loud and clear - better than Parramatta! Amazing what having a roof does to acoustics. Really hope they take that into account when designing the new stadium.

Biggest issue was distance from the playing field and this caused probably one of the lamest crowd celebrations for a Wanderers goal I've seen as there was a delayed reaction to the first goal and most around me chose to celebrate seated in their seats as the moment had passed by the time we realised it was a goal. I did feel inclined to watch the screen every time the ball was down the other end.

I walked around the whole joint at half time.

EXcEPT for my bay... exited one side and came back in the other. I mention this because that's the reason I didn't notice Alexander until I was back at my seat and turned around and then the second half started. :lol: .

:smurfnono:

:lol:

I was legit about to either come up or at least give you a wave and everyone stood up. :lol:

Good to hear mostly positive views, I've been to Spotless for AFL and it's a cracking little venue. 13k really should be your lowest crowd there this year. Hopefully 17-18k on Saturday night in a game you should win easily.

Can we move all games to Spotless that are slated for ANZ. Playing Victory at ANZ is madness. The atmosphere will be absolutely shocking and provide no advantage (well it will be an advantage for the Mexicans I guess). How many more people do we really get for anyone other than the derby to justify moving from a 23k to a 83k stadium? 

Can we move all games to Spotless that are slated for ANZ. Playing Victory at ANZ is madness. The atmosphere will be absolutely shocking and provide no advantage (well it will be an advantage for the Mexicans I guess). How many more people do we really get for anyone other than the derby to justify moving from a 23k to a 83k stadium? 

Agree 100% with this. Derbies should be the only games at ANZ for the next three seasons. Does anyone know if the 5 games at ANZ is mandated for three years? I certainly hope not, because next year with only one home derby and one Victory home match, having three home games against the likes of Newcastle at ANZ would be farcial.

I couldn't agree more.

I can understand having to move games when Spotless is not available, but geez, even though there were 50000 less people there yesterday, the atmosphere was so much better than the derby at ANZ.

I feel sorry for those members who's seats were crap and had restricted views of the field, particularly those that bought Red memberships. That's poor form from the club.

I'm one of the lucky ones that am happy enough with my seats at both ANZ and Spotless. Just lucky I suppose. Level 4 north east corner at ANZ and 2nd level behind the RBB at Spotless.

I was shocked yesterday, (although I had forever been hopeful), at the noise that can be generated from the RBB with a roof overhead. My son and I had to almost shout to communicate, and we are in the back row. I also noticed how much certain parts of the crowd got more into the chanting and clapping because of the noise generated.

Spotless is going to be crap for a lot of people unfortunately, but ultimately, I sincerely believe it was the best option for us while Pirtek is being rebuilt.

It was a masterstroke sticking the RBB at the southern end. Comments from other fans a distance away proves that the decent roof over this section of the stadium certainly assists greatly in amplifying their noise around the stadium.

Other thoughts are.........it's a reasonably easy ground to get in and out of. The catering options and service far exceed anything at the old Pirtek.

Parking and access to and from the ground will never be perfect, and despite being reasonably happy with my choice yesterday, I'll still be looking at other options. I chose to park and pay (first time ever at Olympic Park) close to the ground due to it being a school night, but I'll be looking at other options in the future, including my old favourite parking at Concord West and walking. I might even try the Carter Street option.

The next 3 years can't go quick enough. I want to get back to a new Parra asap.

Edited by Wanderboy

definitely agree

Unfortunately we can't move more games.. The big bash is on..

That stinks. They should play the big bash at ANZ to be honest?

Good to hear mostly positive views, I've been to Spotless for AFL and it's a cracking little venue. 13k really should be your lowest crowd there this year. Hopefully 17-18k on Saturday night in a game you should win easily.

We don't win easily, ever...every game is a struggle for us lol, but yeah... 17-18k should have the place pumping.

Edited by xxBrandonxx

We don't win easily, ever...every game is a struggle for us lol, but yeah... 17-18k should have the place pumping.

That's actually true isn't it?  We never win easily. Maybe that Chinese team in the ACL group stages and Adelaide season 1. That's about it....

That's actually true isn't it?  We never win easily. Maybe that Chinese team in the ACL group stages and Adelaide season 1. That's about it....

Even the 5-0 win against Guizhou was 1-0 until about the 75 minute mark! Yesterday would have been one of the first times ever we were 2 up at halftime, and we still ****ed it up!

I was legit about to either come up or at least give you a wave and everyone stood up. :lol:

All good :good:

not sure if others agree but it felt like i was back at the Adelaide oval looking at the ground from the TV end, Spotless is better than ANZ obviously, but I dont mind Spotless tbh, it will suffice until we return to Wanderland.

not sure if others agree but it felt like i was back at the Adelaide oval looking at the ground from the TV end, Spotless is better than ANZ obviously, but I dont mind Spotless tbh, it will suffice until we return to Wanderland.

I tend to agree, I watching most of game on the screen. Only because I can only see one little corner from my seat.Lucky for those who got good seats for me I have to consider if it's worth the trouble and maybe just pick the games I really want to be there for. ANZ had no atmosphere but at least I could see the whole ground not the case with Spotless.

I tend to agree, I watching most of game on the screen. Only because I can only see one little corner from my seat.Lucky for those who got good seats for me I have to consider if it's worth the trouble and maybe just pick the games I really want to be there for. ANZ had no atmosphere but at least I could see the whole ground not the case with Spotless.

That's really sad actually and it is fans like you that the Wanderers will not want to lose due to 3 years away from home.

Nobody, ever, as a season ticket holder, should ever have to go to a game and feel the need to watch the game on the big screen because they can't see the pitch well enough.

I really wonder how many rusted on fans we have that will push through this shitty stadium stuff until we can get back to a proper football stadium, as opposed to playing on the ground of a really shite game from Mexico.

Edited by Wanderboy

Hey Tardotz.  Pretty sure most games will have plenty of seats spare.  Just move.  I could have set up bed for the night in my row.  Maybe half full at best.

Hey Tardotz. Pretty sure most games will have plenty of seats spare. Just move. I could have set up bed for the night in my row. Maybe half full at best.

I will try it this week.

Hey Tardotz. Pretty sure most games will have plenty of seats spare. Just move. I could have set up bed for the night in my row. Maybe half full at best.

I will try it this week.
Tell th club you are not happy with your seats. See what options are available, go find them this week and pick the one you like.

I will try it this week.
Tell th club you are not happy with your seats. See what options are available, go find them this week and pick the one you like.
I know there will be quite a few people in your position, highly recommend looking at the top tier. Well worth it!