mack

Sydney Stadiums Discussion (Not Parramatta)

Anyone watching the vics v Wellington?

See how they have added  temp stands at etihad to bring the fans closer to the action, why can't they do that at Spotless?

They do - there have been temporary stands at the past 2 games - the front 4 or so rows most of the way round the ground

Those seats have always been there. Look at how they've setup stands at etihad

See how they have added  temp stands at etihad to bring the fans closer to the action, why can't they do that at Spotless?

They do - there have been temporary stands at the past 2 games - the front 4 or so rows most of the way round the ground

I know what you mean about etihad but those spotless front rows look very temporary

I know what you mean about etihad but those spotless front rows look very temporary

The front rows of seats at Spotless are removed for the show so they can use the track around the ground.

Damn.

I thought there was going to be an update on progress!!!!

This is taking forever to get news out of the govt.

Upgrade progress - scaffolding! I was at a party on Sunday at Parra Park and took Bandit Jr for a walk around Wanderland:

CwykU_jVEAAPXtv.jpg

CwykP72UQAA7BpX.jpg

CwykM25UcAEQzp7.jpg

Interestingly, the pitch is being watered, so there's obviously a plan to maintain that as construction happens. I've not really thought about the way they go about it, I just assumed it would be bulldoze the lot and start again. Obviously not (?)

:unknw:

^^^ They might be going to give the turf away to be used at other sports clubs in the region.

http://www.cmo.com.au/article/609907/how-sydney-cricket-sports-ground-trust-getting-grip-fan-engagement/

Fan engagement wrapped up as targeted advertising, the main reason new stadiums are being built with 'smart' capabilities.

And who's that sponsor of ours again....

The stadium ain't getting a cent or a byte from me.

I cant say who. But I had a really good conversation 1 on 1 with senior person at WSW about the issues we face at the Spotless ground plus the travel and transport issues we face.

They were honestly not aware of the impact it is having and more importantly the impact in future years should it continue.

As i said to them. If someone like me is not enjoying the current experience and others like me are already vowing to stay away then you have a serious problem.

Was promised they would speak directly to the correct people. Lets see.

Edited by stewballs

Upgrade progress - scaffolding! I was at a party on Sunday at Parra Park and took Bandit Jr for a walk around Wanderland:

CwykU_jVEAAPXtv.jpg

CwykP72UQAA7BpX.jpg

CwykM25UcAEQzp7.jpg

Interestingly, the pitch is being watered, so there's obviously a plan to maintain that as construction happens. I've not really thought about the way they go about it, I just assumed it would be bulldoze the lot and start again. Obviously not (?)

I feel home sick looking at those picks  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

CwykU_jVEAAPXtv.jpg

CwykP72UQAA7BpX.jpg

CwykM25UcAEQzp7.jpg

I feel home sick looking at those picks  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Especially when you can see your old seats!! :cry:

It's like seeing your ex all sad and lonely and you've moved onto a newer, fatter, ugly version of her. But, you know, deep down she gonna go get herself right, make herself hotter and sexier and then you'll come crawling back ;)

^^^^

In all honesty it shouldn't be the first they heard of it, well at least I hope so :lol:

This was a discussion on the football side of the club not the "admin" so hopefully a different voice may push things along?

We should still be using Parra. I bet they don't start anything until April anyway. We could have had a whole season there. One game at Soulless when Parra is still standing is one too many.

Every time I've been to Etihad when going to Melbourne they've had the temp seating and last night made me realise just how effective it is. I'd say we are just as close, if not closer to the field than parra (from the RBB that is).

I personally don't think it's practical given we aren't there permanently but it would be interesting to see if they looked into a similar setup at Spotless.

I'm getting a little impatient so thought I would go searching for an adequate replacement of Pirtek. Again.

I found this one. I think it's perfect. The seats are even the right colour.

Capacity just under 35000.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1068549&page=11

g5h3nz7l.jpg

3oeif8uy.jpg

a few thousand people with helicopters, angle grinders and shifters could have that stadium in parra by next weekend.

Every time I've been to Etihad when going to Melbourne they've had the temp seating and last night made me realise just how effective it is. I'd say we are just as close, if not closer to the field than parra (from the RBB that is).

I personally don't think it's practical given we aren't there permanently but it would be interesting to see if they looked into a similar setup at Spotless.

they have temp seating in front of a few bays at spotless.

Great news that the timeline appears on schedule.

It's just nice to hear anything from the govt.

CwykU_jVEAAPXtv.jpg

CwykP72UQAA7BpX.jpg

CwykM25UcAEQzp7.jpg

Anybody else notice the football markings on the pitch despite the last official match there being a rugby match? Was there a match played there behind closed doors?