Sydney Stadiums Discussion (Not Parramatta)

Not a bad effort at all...

Some thoughts:

• Loved the forced, plastic grinning yammerings of 'oh I better make this sound great even though my local constituency and my fookwit mates at AFL HQ won't get anything out of this' Stuart Ayres (fook him)
  • If I was an Eels fan I'd be wondering when did the sokkah hools take over
  • A boulevard of Western Sydney sporting heroes? The statues of St Dino of the Blessed Back Heel and St Ante of the Penalty Saving Elbow need to be cast NOW
  • No sign of either an El Jannahs or Bavarian Bier Cafe concessions...hmmm. Ditto any HSP vendors.
  • That bit about the 'western Terrace'...don;t tell me Putin is influencing the build to get the WST folk precedence over the RBB?

In all seriousness...as a concept/project it looks great. The hard part will be not necessarily getting it built, but how it works post construction. It could have 100% safe standing and all the HSP stands in the world but if the Stadium Trust and the Parra LAC dictate security like we cop at Soulless it will be a major problem.

Not a bad effort at all...

Some thoughts:

• Loved the forced, plastic grinning yammerings of 'oh I better make this sound great even though my local constituency and my fookwit mates at AFL HQ won't get anything out of this' Stuart Ayres (fook him)
  • If I was an Eels fan I'd be wondering when did the sokkah hools take over
  • A boulevard of Western Sydney sporting heroes? The statues of St Dino of the Blessed Back Heel and St Ante of the Penalty Saving Elbow need to be cast NOW
  • No sign of either an El Jannahs or Bavarian Bier Cafe concessions...hmmm. Ditto any HSP vendors.
  • That bit about the 'western Terrace'...don;t tell me Putin is influencing the build to get the WST folk precedence over the RBB?

In all seriousness...as a concept/project it looks great. The hard part will be not necessarily getting it built, but how it works post construction. It could have 100% safe standing and all the HSP stands in the world but if the Stadium Trust and the Parra LAC dictate security like we cop at Soulless it will be a major problem.

Manfred,

I know how you feel but please be a bit upbeat about this.

It will be no different to what we've ever experienced at Pirtek, except we'll have a great new stadium.

This is a time to celebrate.

#glasshalffull.

every seat outta the rain?

**** that **** man - i love watching football in the rain. can we at least cut a hole in the roof right above my seat?

lol it reminds me of when we were season ticket holders at the old Ayresome Park (Boro's old ground) in the last 80's. The place was falling apart and rusting away and we had sets that were supposedly under cover. Prob was there was a hole in the guttering right above my old man head and every game it was raining he would get a not very hard but constant drip, drip, drip on his head, he had to sit there with his hood up and everyone else around the entire stand was dry lol Things like that happened to my old man :rolleyes::D

I just spat my coffee out laughing at that story.

Reminds me of my dad and my grandads goodison stories

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/western-sydney-wanderers/western-sydney-wanderers-set-to-be-given-safe-standing-section-in-new-parramatta-stadium-20161208-gt72az.html

I'll just leave this here. Safe standing is still to confirmed but there appears to be progress according to Bossi.

If Bossi is reporting progress then guaranteed won't happen

If this stadium is as steep as they say it is then it will be very unsafe to not put safe standing in the active sections

because the seat infront of u will be ankle height and nothing to stop u falling down a few rows

What's the price difference between plastic flipup seats and the European rail seats ?

Could we as a club not just pay the difference in the 2 quotes ? 5 thousand rail seats at 50 bucks a pop is 250k we could pay of 25k a year for 10 years no problem for a club turning over 16+ million bucks a year

Gazmon/Flytox/anyone who knows about stadiums:

Approx how many seats in the one-tier north end you reckon?

The section that was shown in the DT had approx 40 rows of seats.  Standard width of grassed area say 80 metres.  Allow for estimation each seat takes 600mm (allowing for walkways, vomitories etc.)

say  (40 * 80)/0.6 =  5,333 seats plus a bit.  Corners could be as much as 1,500 seats each.

Edited by Flytox

The section that was shown in the DT had approx 40 rows of seats.  Standard width of grassed area say 80 metres.  Allow for estimation each seat takes 600mm (allowing for walkways, vomitories etc.)

say  (40 * 80)/0.6 =  5,333 seats plus a bit.  Corners could be as much as 1,500 seats each.

Vomitoria (he says with his faux Latin 150-1 hat on)

Not enough modern stadia design include such an important architectural feature. It it was good enough for Vespasian to ensure with Frontinus that a few vomitoria were added to the Flavian amphitheatre why can't Johnny T get Mike Baird to integrate some sluices for those of us who go a bit too heavy on the steins and knuckles at the Bav?

Vomitoria (he says with his faux Latin 150-1 hat on)

Not enough modern stadia design include such an important architectural feature. It it was good enough for Vespasian to ensure with Frontinus that a few vomitoria were added to the Flavian amphitheatre why can't Johnny T get Mike Baird to integrate some sluices for those of us who go a bit too heavy on the steins and knuckles at the Bav?

True, however as Seneca (the younger) says "NON EST AD ASTRA MOLLIS E TERRIS VIA" 

There is no easy way from the earth to the stars.