Sydney Stadiums Discussion (Not Parramatta)

I actually think paying by card limits spending. If I wanna buy something that's $7.50, I only take $7.50 from my account. If I use cash then I have to withdraw $20 and all of that change from a $7.50 purchase is never gonna make it all home anyway cause most people screw around with coins or you lose them.

I'm the opposite. I find it much harder to keep track of card payments, so if I need/want to budget really strictly then I withdraw a certain amount of cash each week so I know exactly how much I've spent.

Therefore I like a cash option.

Fair enough, I just hate accumulating coins cause it's more tempting to spend it on stupid **** haha To be honest, I don't see why it's such a big deal for them to still accept cash payments even if it is 2016. Can't be that difficult.
Its 2016. Some people don't know what gender they are let alone if they wanna pay cash or card.

Are you capable of a single post that is not antagonistic in some way?

Not sure the point of your post anyway. One person above prefers credit, the other likes the option of cash. So you wade in with your attempted humour/social commentary, which makes no sense to the discussion being had. And it certainly wasn't funny, if that's what you were trying for.

Oh, and lol at the idea that gender issues are a new phenomenon.

Lighten up

Agreed

I actually thought it was rather succinct commentary also ;)

On topic, I think it's still too early to go cashless, lots of people are still very old school.

The only issue with cash is that it doesn't get you a better price unless they do ticketdisaster approach to fees & chargers (paperless ticket fee, printing fee, credit card fee, transaction fee, the ticketdisaster fee etc). Otherwise cash ***** :woah:

I have long preferred the use of card over the use of cash for a while now, mate those coins & the last thing we want happening is this

X2xRGTElqdfry.gif

If I pay cash do I get a discount?

Please don't make me pay extra for some 'handling fee'. If that happens, never gonna buy a thing at the stadium again.

In regards to height restrictions and people complaining nearby buildings being really tall.

You are comparing apple with oranges. It has been mentioned heaps of times in this thread.

The stadium is in a different zone so height restrictions apply unlike those buildings nearby.

If a building was built on the same side as the stadium, it would be treated with the same restrictions.

Pyrdz anymore info on the EOI, who is bidding? When is the next forum meeting for the stadium?

If I pay cash do I get a discount?

Please don't make me pay extra for some 'handling fee'. If that happens, never gonna buy a thing at the stadium again.

In regards to height restrictions and people complaining nearby buildings being really tall.

You are comparing apple with oranges. It has been mentioned heaps of times in this thread.

The stadium is in a different zone so height restrictions apply unlike those buildings nearby.

If a building was built on the same side as the stadium, it would be treated with the same restrictions.

Pyrdz anymore info on the EOI, who is bidding? When is the next forum meeting for the stadium?

"What is it with Wogs and cash"

Dale Kerrigan, The Castle, 1997.

:golecapproves: 

Did you see the last post by Flytox, that's the latest information. There is also an article posted on here a while ago listing the partnerships between the construction companies & architects.

Haven't been in touch since our last focus group quite a while ago

Personal attacks will not be tolerated

He didn't personally attack you.

He just said **** off.

You guys are so easy to bait. He wants the attention and you are giving it to him. lol.

Did you see the last post by Flytox, that's the latest information. There is also an article posted on here a while ago listing the partnerships between the construction companies & architects.

Haven't been in touch since our last focus group quite a while ago

I will go back! It looked really long and I didn't read everything. thanks!

Found the 4 bidders.

Contractor/Architect/Engineer

Lendlease/Populous/Aurecon

John Holland/Cox Architects/Robert Bird Group

Brookfield Multiplex/Hassell/Arup

Laing O'Rouke/BVN/

There is a fifth bidder but it's abit hard to complete with these guys above.

My bets on Lendlease. Populous's bread and butter is stadium designs. Aurecon is massive.

Found the 4 bidders.

Contractor/Architect/Engineer

Lendlease/Populous/Aurecon

John Holland/Cox Architects/Robert Bird Group

Brookfield Multiplex/Hassell/Arup

Laing O'Rouke/BVN/

There is a fifth bidder but it's abit hard to complete with these guys above.

My bets on Lendlease. Populous's bread and butter is stadium designs. Aurecon is massive.

i really do not know anything about these groups, does any of the groups have a specific style of stadium or is there a best company?

Lol I have a family member who works for one of those companies.

Hopefully they get the contract so he can pass on all the 'not to be repeated' info so I can post it here.

just make sure we can get safe standing seats

Brookfield built the new Perth Stadium .

Cox Architects built AAMI Park.

Populous have built a load of stadiums, including the Emirates (Arsenal), ANZ in Sydney & the Showground, Olympique Lyonnais (France), Suncorp in Brisbane, Westpac in Wellington & Etihad in Melbourne, and Gold Coast Robina (where GCU played).

I think it will come down to Holland/Cox vs Lendlease/Populous and as such the new stadium is going to be AAMI Park V2.0 or an Enlarged Gold Coast Stadium.

I actually think paying by card limits spending. If I wanna buy something that's $7.50, I only take $7.50 from my account. If I use cash then I have to withdraw $20 and all of that change from a $7.50 purchase is never gonna make it all home anyway cause most people screw around with coins or you lose them.

I'm the opposite. I find it much harder to keep track of card payments, so if I need/want to budget really strictly then I withdraw a certain amount of cash each week so I know exactly how much I've spent.

Therefore I like a cash option.

Fair enough, I just hate accumulating coins cause it's more tempting to spend it on stupid **** haha To be honest, I don't see why it's such a big deal for them to still accept cash payments even if it is 2016. Can't be that difficult.

Its 2016. Some people don't know what gender they are let alone if they wanna pay cash or card.

Best.

Hahahahahahahaha

:golecapproves:

I worked with all 4 contractors.

Not much difference to be honest.

But architects on the other hand.

Personal opinion on the architects. Cox are good to work with. Hassells is dogshit. BVN are good also. Populous never heard of them until now.

I rather an architect that has stadium design experience. They would know the issues from previous experience which means not much delays

Personal opinion on the architects. Cox are good to work with. Hassells is dogshit. BVN are good also. Populous never heard of them until now.

I rather an architect that has stadium design experience. They would know the issues from previous experience which means not much delays

i agree why are Hassells dogshit? Populous has the best name, does the engineers make much of a difference?

Here is a link to the Populous website stadia projects.  Suncorp, Wembley, Soccer City, London Olympic Stadium etc etc etc.

http://populous.com/projects/type/stadia/

Here is a link to the Populous website stadia projects.  Suncorp, Wembley, Soccer City, London Olympic Stadium etc etc etc.

BBVA Compass Stadium looks fantastic but needs more roof

Sorry Goat Boy.

Capacity is too small.

Find another.

Populous have built a load of stadiums, including the Emirates (Arsenal), ANZ in Sydney & the Showground, Olympique Lyonnais (France), Suncorp in Brisbane, Westpac in Wellington & Etihad in Melbourne, and Gold Coast Robina (where GCU played).

I think it will come down to Holland/Cox vs Lendlease/Populous and as such the new stadium is going to be AAMI Park V2.0 or an Enlarged Gold Coast Stadium.

i wouldnt mind an AAMI park V2.0 thank you for the information, Suncorp is also meant to be a great stadium

Sorry Goat Boy.

Capacity is too small.

Find another.

i know the Capacity is too small but it still looks good i just mean the general look

i wouldnt mind an AAMI park V2.0 thank you for the information, Suncorp is also meant to be a great stadium

Sorry Goat Boy.

Capacity is too small.

Find another.

i know the Capacity is too small but it still looks good i just mean the general look

Yeh. I agree. Add another 10 000 to that and stick a less bulky roof around it and that is almost perfect.

Actually, that's pretty much perfect. Note the end has some space for Rugby League in-goals as well.

Safe standing should be exactly like that - all down the bottom and across the whole end, rather than up one bay.

What's with the circle-y roof thing?

Metal cables holding the roof. The tension of the cables are hold up the roof using that circle thingy.