Sydney Stadiums Discussion (Not Parramatta)

Do you a portable craft beer carts would work at the redeveloped Parramatta stadium like they are looking to introduce at the US bank stadium in Minnesota? Perhaps short term, season long or 6 monthly craft beer catering agreements that showcase locally brewed or different styles of beer.

http://www.vikings.com/news/new-stadium/article-1/US-Bank-Stadium-Partners-Announce-Plans-for-Craft-Beer-Program/f00f46d8-04f9-4b46-8608-4e5b16db2f31

http://bringmethenews.com/2016/06/22/some-small-mn-breweries-will-serve-their-beer-at-us-bank-stadium/

Why not have the option?

I've always liked the idea of a bar (on the lower concourse, with the upper tier above) with views of the field, serving lots on tap to cover those that want a typically Australian brew or something a little bit more exotic.

This is part of the design brief.
I can't remember but wasnt this one of the areas that was in stadiums management control?

I remember the head of Pirtek stadium is they make a decent chunk of money by offering exclusivity to whoever will pay for it. I do remember in the first group, that this was discussed rather in depth & everyone agreed that it would be a fantastic idea.

Hmm mm maybe you're right prydz, perhaps though it's in the brief to have an area like it - remember they talked about an area under the stand a la American style? And then it's up to the stadium how they utilize it?

Imagine that, but with a patio (! - brain fried) in between two tiers of the stand that would extend out from the bar area under the top tier and give people the opportunity to have their beers overlooking the pitch.

They had a fancy name for the category ticket that would get you in there. Which meant, I am not a guy who has rolls of hhundreds in my pocket but I would like to appear like one.

http://imgur.com/owgj9R3?r

how many levels are we likely to have? i know it has a height restriction however some stadiums have one floor pretty much directly underneath another floor its hard to describe but ANZ has it you can see them here i think

ikea.jpg

i suck at describing stuff but its just below the 2nd floor and has lots of pillars

That section is glazed, goat, with a few rows of seats outside. It's usually for the corporate boxes and fancy seats.

That kind of tiering looks pretty cool

thank you i didnt know that, i agree it looks pretty cool i must admit i dont know the definition of glazed though i cant wait to be sitting in our shiny new stadium though

That section is glazed, goat, with a few rows of seats outside. It's usually for the corporate boxes and fancy seats.

thank you i didnt know that, i agree it looks pretty cool i must admit i dont know the definition of glazed though i cant wait to be sitting in our shiny new stadium though

Glazed just means 'windows', or delicious donuts

Buzz Rothfield complaining that Eels fans won't get the best chance to say goodbye to Pirtek. Their last game is going to be a Monday evening fixture which apparently will stymie their chances of a sell out and as it's a school night a lot of kids will miss the chance to take home some turf....

Surely if they are that desperate to say goodbye they still can?

I just hope we get to open it not them because if it wasn't for the Wanderers it wouldn't be happening and nearly all the eels fans I have spoken to don't particularly care if they get one or not (which I find strange)

Glazed just means 'windows', or delicious donuts

lol thank you makes more sense

That whole level is made of Krispy kremes

the entire stadium needs to be fully made out of Krispy Kremes :P

Buzz Rothfield complaining that Eels fans won't get the best chance to say goodbye to Pirtek. Their last game is going to be a Monday evening fixture which apparently will stymie their chances of a sell out and as it's a school night a lot of kids will miss the chance to take home some turf....

Surely if they are that desperate to say goodbye they still can?

I just hope we get to open it not them because if it wasn't for the Wanderers it wouldn't be happening and nearly all the eels fans I have spoken to don't particularly care if they get one or not (which I find strange)

I doubt either us or they Eels will host the first match there. It'll be opened by an international match or some other 'event goer' type fixture.

Our best hope is a derby. Although I question whether the FFA and the State Government will want to risk scheduling a match there 9ish months before it's due to be finished

Imagine that, but with a patio (! - brain fried) in between two tiers of the stand that would extend out from the bar area under the top tier and give people the opportunity to have their beers overlooking the pitch.

They had a fancy name for the category ticket that would get you in there. Which meant, I am not a guy who has rolls of hhundreds in my pocket but I would like to appear like one.

Spotless actually has something like that called the Skydeck.

24686io.jpg

I was up there once during the Easter Show and they have a bar and these huge bbq plates to cook up food. Was pretty good.

Spotless actually has something like that called the Skydeck.

24686io.jpg

I was up there once during the Easter Show and they have a bar and these huge bbq plates to cook up food. Was pretty good.

i need to put in a seat change request :P i wonder if that area has anything to do with the gold membership as an add on

History will be made at one of Rugby League’s most iconic grounds, with NSWRL set to bid farewell to Parramatta’s Pirtek Stadium when it hosts this year’s Grand Final Day on 24 September.  

All three NSWRL senior competitions - Intrust Super Premiership NSW, Ron Massey Cup and Sydney Shield – will hold their showpieces as part of an action-packed triple-header.

The venue will hold the three deciders for the second consecutive year before it is likely to be demolished at season’s end.

NSWRL Chief Executive Officer David Trodden said it was a privilege hosting what appears to be the closing event of the iconic and first-rate venue.

“Pirtek Stadium has hosted many historic moments and it’s fantastic that we get the opportunity to be a part of history,†Trodden said.

“The stadium still offers first-class facilities for everyone. From the playing surface itself to the spectators’ viewing areas, corporate hospitality suites and more, Pirtek Stadium is a great venue and the perfect place to stage our NSWRL Grand Final Day.

“Last year’s Grand Final Day was a great success and we hope the quality of Rugby League on display this year tops that.â€

My Euro 2016 experience has forever ruined my stadia expectations :(

After watching football matches in France, all the stadiums I've been to in Australia feel like Cook Park. I seriously doubt the Western Sydney stadium will be different. Unfortunately, we are the little brother and are dictated in stadia where the capcity is reduced to accommodate larger tv screens for example. This mentality is the same that will build something like nib in Perth.

I'm praying I'm wrong.

My Euro 2016 experience has forever ruined my stadia expectations :(

After watching football matches in France, all the stadiums I've been to in Australia feel like Cook Park. I seriously doubt the Western Sydney stadium will be different. Unfortunately, we are the little brother and are dictated in stadia where the capcity is reduced to accommodate larger tv screens for example. This mentality is the same that will build something like nib in Perth.

I'm praying I'm wrong.

why are they so much better over there?

From the 3 different stadiums I went to they all had the following in common:

- regardless of by the field or 'nose bleed' seats, you felt close to the field

- designed to keep atmosphere in with not just roofs but walls to (like in between terraces don't just leave a gap)

- the seats (should put pics here). You don't need to stand on seats and even if you did, there was no chance of breaking. Full stadium RBB ready.

- stadium foot print was relatively small compared to capacity. For example ANZ takes you ages to walk around to get to your gate if you pop-up half way around.

- no unnecessary focus on stupid things like thise big screen tvs installed at Allianze that reduced capacity. The tvs were same size as existing Pirtek.

- football balance of stand sizes. In Australia we put a large % of seats on the sides and behind the goals smaller... just ain't football.

On top of this is the people at the stadium working. No initimidation from Police, no filming, not the whole police force and security you can find who together out number fans; but actual people who just happen to be in uniform.

I was at Lens that had about 35,000 and was just under capcity.

What was really impressive with this one was that the amount of noise that was easily generated. Internationals will never have the same level of active as club football and this ground was intense and crazy.

you arent going to see a design until the chosen scheme is announced late 2016/early 2017.
The 3 shortlisted bids will be announced internally this week. Then they (3/5) will be briefed and will most programmed to start work on each design in August. 

you arent going to see a design until the chosen scheme is announced late 2016/early 2017.

The 3 shortlisted bids will be announced internally this week. Then they (3/5) will be briefed and will most programmed to start work on each design in August. 

Cheers, and yes, I know.

I'm just getting impatient.