Sydney Stadiums Discussion (Not Parramatta)

Tenders will close in October and the contract will be awarded in December. The project will be awarded on a lump sum design and construction contract.

December? So building won't start until early 2017 then... we could have kept playing there.

Isn't the demolition of the existing stadium due to start before then?  November?

But if that's the case obviously it won't be done by whoever wins the construction contract.

They won't wait. Demo works should be complete before they start with the earthworks, get everything stockpiled and ready before given the construction drawings. Won't be surprised a contract is already given for the demo works which will be separate from the building stadium.

From what I can tell. Lendlease looks like the most experienced. Bad thing tho it is done by international architects.

I rather Australian firm doing most of the work.

THIS GUY :)

[Picture of Gazmon]

I would prefer overseas architects, if only to get a better design

I was going to say the same thing but you beat me to it.

I'd prefer overseas as well.

I think they have a better grip on a football style stadium of this capacity.

We don't need anything fancy schmanzy.

We need something that works.

There are so many countries on the Euro and Asian continent building absolutely fantastic venues - the likes of which we have never seen in this country.

I really hope we do not **** this up.

If we have that type of attitude Australian architects firms will be left behind. All that money will be going overseas paying for overseas workers and not aussie workers. I understand it may be a better design but by how much?

I work in the industry so I am not just looking at a fan point of view but also what may benefit the australian industry when it comes to design and construct.

Any architects reading this you might want to stop.

Architects are ****en clowns. I am sorry but that is the truth. The unsung heroes are the engineers. They are the ones who will cut cost and save time on a project.

When you mention they have a better grip on football style I laughed out loud. We all have a bettdr grip on a football style than an architect.

Architects are ****en clowns. I am sorry but that is the truth. The unsung heroes are the engineers. They are the ones who will cut cost and save time on a project.

When you mention they have a better grip on football style I laughed out loud. We all have a better grip on a football style than an architect.

As a wanderers supporter and an engineer, thanks :) We really do have to pick up the pieces for many architect 'designs'.

When you mention they have a better grip on football style I laughed out loud. We all have a better grip on a football style than an architect.

As a wanderers supporter and an engineer, thanks :) We really do have to pick up the pieces for many architect 'designs'.

Yeah... but that pretty cantilever roof looks great... forget about engineering it... of course ;)

Yeah... but that pretty cantilever roof looks great... forget about engineering it... of course ;)

"why cam't you countersink the rivets on that 0.5mm colorbond?"

Is this thing built yet?

Last Eels game at Parra I want to see the ground encircled by revving bulldozers and important looking people with hard hats on looking studiously at paper plans and pointing with an air of authority and generally ordering people around............. then at the drop of an arm the bulldozers move in.....

They could even wait until the rugby fans have departed the ground before starting the demolition, I am easy either way.....

Edited by WSWBoro

As a Wanderers fan and a builder, I completely concur with your sentiments.

That Forum is my 3rd home :)

27811582023_599100e456_b.jpg

27811582923_0886b763cb_o.jpg

28144704570_1a16a9735d_b.jpg

Wouldn't mind having an underground car-park similar to Suncorp Stadium - and limited above ground parking (I'm sure the greenies would prefer this too!!), where access points (stairs, lifts) run direct from parking bays to all grandstand levels. However the one difference I would do is having 2 way entry / exit points (as opposed to Suncorp's one way) at each end of the stadium precinct.

That way I can drive my hire car from Airport direct to my designated car spot & take a lift to my private suite........ I WISH !

Edited by BeefB

Any clues Mack why it might be the case?

Even when I'm replying to another post, and try to add an emoticon, it won't let me reply.

You told me to push an F button once to refresh. I just can't remember which one it was.

If you can't copy past here it's either something wrong with the stuff you're pasting in, or whatever browser you're using to try and paste it.