Australian National & Youth Teams Discussion V2

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone said that would happen to him 5 years ago. Should've gone to a lesser club to be #1.

That experience being at BD couldn't be bought though, he was probably promised to be first team keeper whilst Klopp was in charge but he just had to bide his time. I think it's quite similar to Zelko at AC Milan except Langerack wants to be number one!

Langerak is not going as No 1 to Stuttgart. His competitor is the Polish international Tyton who is joining from PSV Eindhoven.

Polish international? Tyson is the fourth choice keeper for Poland and Szczesny is pretty much set as no. 1 for the next WC campaign.

I think Langerak has an equal chance at being no. 1.

We played in this a few years ago? But haven't since?

we're actually a member of ASEAN Football Federation not EAFF so according to wiki we were invited to the 2013 East Asian Cup, and remember we had to qualify against hong kong/north korea etc. it doesn't say if we were invited to the 2015 East Asian Cup, probably not, and even if we were they would have made us qualify again which is probably not worth it.

We played in this a few years ago? But haven't since?

we're actually a member of ASEAN Football Federation not EAFF so according to wiki we were invited to the 2013 East Asian Cup, and remember we had to qualify against hong kong/north korea etc. it doesn't say if we were invited to the 2015 East Asian Cup, probably not, and even if we were they would have made us qualify again which is probably not worth it.
Thanks Tigers :good:

I still think it is a valuable experience to blood the fringe aleague players in a league like this as a step up into the national team. Players like Ruka, Ibini, Mooy, Nichols, Elrich etc who aren't starters is a perfect opportunity for them. Maybe due to the clash with the aleague season they felt that it would take too many players away so maybe they rejected the invitation?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/blog/2015/08/28/brattan-last-piece-puzzle

Leaving this for the expert commentary of those of you who know what's what..  

I'd love to see Brattan play for the NT- I love watching him play.

Sad loss for the Roar...  

Guess he needs to find a team first.

PS Getting excited for the game next Thurs!  :woah:

This article is a few months old... and I'm not sure what came of it??

Few months old? Published on 28 August? Came of what exactly?

Reports today that Jedinak, Juric and Kruse will all be missing from both the Bangladesh and Tajikistan qualifiers.

I'm sure if we were in the final stages of World Cup qualifying it would be a massive loss but these two opposition whilst should not be underestimated we hopefully will be able to win these games without any dramas.

This article is a few months old... and I'm not sure what came of it??

Few months old? Published on 28 August? Came of what exactly?

LOL.... silly me. Posted it in a hurry, thinking it was new...then got distracted and thought I'd misread it....had a brain freeze and edited in the first sentence.

Ignore it.

Is he in the squad??  And if so.... expert opinion??