Scott Neville

mack

I've been a harsh critic of Neville all season but last night he was solid and then some.

He finally delivered a brilliant cross and for once we actually had players waiting in the box. Good game all round.

He still needs to work on taking on players though. He had an embarrassing stumble over the ball in the second half but fully redeemed himself with the cross for the goal. Plus I do like a player that goes for a nutmeg and comes out with the ball. Good work last night.

Guest Melvin

I don't think he did much different on Friday night. I've always admired his resilience in defence. And would like to keep him in the squad for next season.

His crosses are a problem. He put one brilliant cross to Santa, but one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Let's hope this was a genuine technical change not a one off.

As a fullback he never fails, week in and week out he is solid in defence.

Crosses can be practised, although I doubt he will learn if he hasn't by the end of the season.

Also he's pulled a couple of nutmegs in the last few weeks, great to see since he stumbles over the ball sometimes.

Perfect signing imo and would like to see him stay. 

• 4 weeks later...

He's like D'Apuzzo V2.0

so an improvement on one of our most solid defenders we've had in our short history?

i'll take it.

Faster, better, stronger. D'Apuzzo was the prototype, Neville is the production model.

If he keeps working on his crossing he will be a complete fullback. 3 year extension please.

• 5 months later...

Or Hoole for "inciting the crowd"?

That would be stupid. Neville shouldn't be sighted and neither should the others. It's all pretty harmless IMO.

It's ridiculous, they try to show they are in control and are doing everything to stamp it, but all they are doing it giving it more publicity
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...