Andrew Redmayne

mack

Covic wasn't part of the plan.

Kalac was. And Bouzanis.

Don't forget though that Bouzanis replaced Tyson, even if he was viewed as the long term successor to Covic.

Bouzanis was part of the plan?

Bouzanis was brought in by Corry, was given plenty of opportunities whilst he was around (funnily enough I don't think he was any better than Covic). When Kalac came in, Covic was let go & Bouzanis didn't play a minute before he was moved on for Redmayne.

Was he brought in by Corry specifically?

Anyway, kalac couldn't be part of the plan until he was here now could he. Maybe he would have had other ideas about bouzanis. Either way though covic was always going to be out on his ear.

Covic wasn't part of the plan.

Kalac was. And Bouzanis.

Don't forget though that Bouzanis replaced Tyson, even if he was viewed as the long term successor to Covic.

Bouzanis was part of the plan?

Bouzanis was brought in by Corry, was given plenty of opportunities whilst he was around (funnily enough I don't think he was any better than Covic). When Kalac came in, Covic was let go & Bouzanis didn't play a minute before he was moved on for Redmayne.

Was he brought in by Corry specifically?

Anyway, kalac couldn't be part of the plan until he was here now could he. Maybe he would have had other ideas about bouzanis. Either way though covic was always going to be out on his ear.

I assume that Cory made the call on Bouzanis, just like Kalac made the call to let him go. Highly unethical if Kalac was part of the decision to bring in Bouzanis.

It is all speculation, nobody knows anything when it comes to popa.

I never understand what people think they achieve by booing.

Some say it's to let the players know the performance wasn't good enough, even though at 3-0 down they obviously aren't thinking "this is going well".

Some say it's to motivate them, as though public ridicule from the people who also demand they bleed for the shirt is more motivating than support.

Some say they paid for the ticket and have therefore bought the right to boo the players, ignoring the two points above and how ridiculously entitled it makes them sound.

None say what I suspect is the actual truth, that they can't handle when things don't go their way so they lash out like a child having a tantrum, before doing some mental gymnastics to convince themselves that they did it for another reason.

If you're upset that the team isn't winning I have no idea how booing them is going to improve the situation.

I don't boo the team personally. I'd rather save that for the opposition. But in the end I guess the players just have to toughen up and realise it goes with the territory. These days they get paid pretty decently to accept that. But just like some people don't handle losses very well, I guess there are those that have to accept that not every WSW supporter will behave the way they want them to. The booing is more cringeworthy than anything else to me. But I guess some just feel the need to express themselves in this way.

I don't boo the team personally. I'd rather save that for the opposition. But in the end I guess the players just have to toughen up and realise it goes with the territory. These days they get paid pretty decently to accept that. But just like some people don't handle losses very well, I guess there are those that have to accept that not every WSW supporter will behave the way they want them to. The booing is more cringeworthy than anything else to me. But I guess some just feel the need to express themselves in this way.

I agree that people support differently and my post isn't trying to tell people what to do. Who am I to tell people how to behave? I'm just questioning people's reasons for doing it and the logic behind it.

I agree that people support differently and my post isn't trying to tell people what to do. Who am I to tell people how to behave? I'm just questioning people's reasons for doing it and the logic behind it.

But you sort of answered your own question in your original post about why they do it. Then you gave your own version of why you think they really do it, while having a subtle dig at them in the process. I just don't think you like it or agree with it, which is fine. I don't think it is a good look either. But it's out of our control really.

Just some information on how our goalkeeping situation got so bad........

- Danny Vukovic had verbally committed to join the Wanderers and was set to be our number 1. He had been offered 200k and was on his way from Perth to Western Sydney. As soon as the window opened / we were able to sign players, he was ours. The deal had been done.

- Melbourne Victory got wind that he wanted to come back from Perth to this side of the country, and offered him 250k. A take it or leave it offer, and told him he only had 24 hours to make the decision.

- Vukovic rung Popa, explained the situation, told him the extra money was needed to help his son, and that he was going to sign for the Victory.

- Popa said that's fine, he understands, but he would never play for this club again.

- We're caught out, having thought Vukovic was our number 1, and have to take Redmayne as a stop-gap instead for the 2015-2016 season.

- Vukovic then ends up having to come to Sydney with his son, but that bridge had already been burnt, and the Wanderers weren't interested. 

As for Bouzanis and Reddy

- Bouzanis was 4kg overweight and was given chance after chance, but had a horrible attitude and wasn't interested in losing the weight. He was released.

- Reddy came in on the short-term deal to try and solve the situation, but his attitude was even worse and didn't fit in to the team culture at all. He has had issues everywhere he has been, so that's not a surprise.

We're left with Redmayne and Tyson as a result, two number two's. 

F*ck Vukovic.
F*ck the Victory

Not making excuses for the fact we've got Redders and Tyson, but there are some reasons and stories behind how it all happened. Not just Popa / Spider thought they could make Redmayne into Hugo Lloris.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/sydney-fc/western-sydney-wanderers-goalkeeper-andrew-redmayne-to-sign-for-sydney-fc-20161222-gtgn07.html

• DECEMBER 22 2016 - 4:40PM
  • Western Sydney Wanderers goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne to sign for Sydney FC

Western Sydney Wanderers goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne may have played his last game for the club, and is poised to move to bitter rivals Sydney FC as part of a swap deal with Vedran Janjetovic. 

Fairfax Media understands the shot-stopper has agreed terms to join the Sky Blues in the January transfer window, where he will likely be back-up to Danny Vukovic.

After losing his place to Jerrad Tyson in recent games, and with the arrival of Janjetovic, the former starting goalkeeper appears to have fallen to third in the pecking order at Western Sydney, and is set to agree to a release from the remainder of his deal during the next transfer window. Redmayne trained with the Wanderers on Thursday.

Redmayne's impending move follows Tuesday's arrival of Janjetovic, who was granted a release from the remaining six months of his contract with Sydney FC after a bitter fallout that involved the intervention of the players' union.

Janjetovic lost his starting place to Vukovic at the start of the season, before being granted indefinite leave for personal reasons after round five.

Sydney FC coach Graham Arnold revealed his desire was for Janjetovic to stay at the club for the remainder of the season, but said the 29-year-old "forced our hand" with his demands to have his contract terminated.

He is the first player to move between the clubs since Western Sydney Wanderers' entrance to the A-League in 2012, and his signing was met with a mixed response from both sets of fans and former teammates.

The move is sure to heap more tension on the next Sydney derby at Allianz Stadium on January 14.

I don't get why Redmayne agreed to this. Surely we are paying him more than the minimum wage he will surely be getting at ESFC. In terms of game time, he will get exactly zero (unless Vukovuc is injured or suspended).

I don't get why Redmayne agreed to this. Surely we are paying him more than the minimum wage he will surely be getting at ESFC. In terms of game time, he will get exactly zero (unless Vukovuc is injured or suspended).

A number of reasons:

- He is clearly not wanted here, Easts want him

- Remember that Vedran was on top money at Easts, by him leaving he can be replaced without taking up much cap space

- What is to stop Redmayne been given the treatment ala Pio (training by himself for the rest of the year)

- At Easts he will at least be on the bench unlike for us when he might not make bench for the youth team :lol:

He wasn't as bad as the general whinging fanbase made out, and I think he never seemed to warm to us like others (like covic, tyson & even reddy). A vicious cycle that ended up branding him as a part that didn't quite fit, even with last years reasonable season.

Goodluck to him, i hope he can break out of the #2 role and keep improving