Andrew Redmayne

mack

Wrapping a turd with bacon don't make it Fillet Mignon.....he's average at best , too many mistakes over a number of games, that 1st goal WAS his fault.....ask someone like Bozza who has played at the highest level, what he should've done with that shot...pushed it AWAY from any goal scoring opportunities. Anyways, fuuck it , thx for your efforts Redmayne, time to move on ,we need a solid keeper ...... Covic anyone? Still don't get why he wasn't retained in the first place .

Mack - if you think Redmayne is to blame for the Berisha header on Saturday or the f*cking backpass earlier in the season, you're an idiot.

The first goal on Saturday however was entirely on him.

Good hit from Beister, moved a lot in the air, but it was a long way out and Redders should have done better.

A lot better.

Interesting to see no one is mentioning the 2-3 world class saves he made on the weekend to stop us from being realllllllly embarrassed.

Mack - if you think Redmayne is to blame for the Berisha header on Saturday or the f*cking backpass earlier in the season, you're an idiot.

The first goal on Saturday however was entirely on him.

Good hit from Beister, moved a lot in the air, but it was a long way out and Redders should have done better.

A lot better.

Interesting to see no one is mentioning the 2-3 world class saves he made on the weekend to stop us from being realllllllly embarrassed.

World class saves? This is what I hate. Where people pick out little bits and pieces during a match of something good he might have done, but ignore the overall context of the situation in how someone being on the field is affecting the team in a negative way. His chemistry with defence is terrible, poor communicator, rash and hasty decision making, inconsistent, lacks aerial presence, lacks confidence, poorly positioned on free kicks and in general.

But let's keep him because he can stop shots. Let's keep Borda as well because he made a few good slide tackles during the game.

What does Tyson have in his locker that Redmayne doesn't have?

Except the ability to give away pens and get sent off when he makes his mistakes.

I'm not saying we need to stick by Redmayne.

He has had a horrible season and gone backwards.

But in our current squad he is still EASILY the best we have and we should be getting behind him more than anyone else because we really need him to lift.

If it's confidence that he is lacking, being booed when your name is read out at a home game isn't going to help. Imagine how good he'd feel we cheered him on or chanted his name in the warm up? It might give him some confidence or self belief. 

Except the ability to give away pens and get sent off when he makes his mistakes.

But in our current squad he is still EASILY the best we have and we should be getting behind him more than anyone else because we really need him to lift.

If it's confidence that he is lacking, being booed when your name is read out at a home game isn't going to help. Imagine how good he'd feel we cheered him on or chanted his name in the warm up? It might give him some confidence or self belief.

He wasnt THAT great to start with .2nd choice keeper , even the Melbchesterheart fans were glad to see him go

I hate the booing of him, and the nobs who blame for everything. However no amount of cheering is going to change that he is a liability who gives a goal away every other week.

I think largely what Tyson has is that he's not Redmayne so it's worth a go. So far though he has gave a penalty away and got sent off so he's not looking much better:

I just can't get my head around why the coaching staff thought that we would get away with it.

I just can't get my head around why the coaching staff thought that we would get away with it.

That too, also concerns me greatly.

These are highly paid professionals we are talking about, who are making decisions that a fan on the dole wouldn't make.

Sure, we all don't know the ins and outs of the salary cap and whatnot, but geez, Redmayne and Tyson?

Let's get rid of Reddy and not go hard for Vukovic. Great decisions from our experts.

redmayne is better under the ball than tyson, his positioning is better than tyson, in general he's a better keeper than tyson.

but **** me, our defense is that much better when tyson is in goals - maybe he's better at talking to and positioning the players in front of him - or maybe because he's not that great a keeper and the defense has to work twice as hard :lol:

i prefer tyson in goals at the moment, simply for Aspro's development.

You don't boo your own players.  He may not be good enough but he puts in his best.  Not his fault he is keeper.  It is interesting to listen to the forum and hear who is at fault for everything that isn't happening this year - just about everyone from kit man to coach and everyone in between.  If Santa wasn't Santa, he would have copped much of the blame that Redmayne and others have attracted.  He has missed several shots that strikers should never miss.  If they went in perhaps 3-3 or even better. Perhaps we wouldn't ahve been pushing so far forward for the last goal and got caught out on the counter.  Not defending anyone, just saying you don't boo your own players.

At the moment there are a number of keepers doing well in the comp. 

Vukovic, 

Reddy

Duncan

Lawrence

Vukovic is having a stellar season which is more annoying because he is with SFC.

Reddy - is also having a good season. If he wasn't in goals against Perth the score would have been 6-1

Duncan is the surprise this year. I have been watching him in goals and he pulls some of the most ridiculous saves. If there is one young goalkeeper we should be keeping an eye on. It's this one. 

Lawrence - Westie gun played a blinder against us. Still shaking my head at that save he pulled on Clisby. 

So if I was looking for a goalkeeper to build for the future I would be trying to get Jack Duncan to the Wanderers. The rest would be near impossible to get. 

isn't that movie older than covic?

Yes but it combines two of my favourite genres into one. WWII prisoner of war escape movie and sports underdog story.

Michael Caines half time speech is ace. As is Sylvestor stalone rooting the sexy French resistance leader, and the penalty scene

I'm off the point, we need to get a decent keeper in now. Sylvestor stalone would probably do

Pup, spot on with the first comment :good:

Pup/West Syd, the reason why nobody is mentioning the world class saves is because of the obvious blunders. Not saying that the Redders doesn't have a good save in him but it is the mistakes he makes that cost us matches that is the issue.

Pup, you ask the question what is the difference between Redmanye & Tyson, not a great deal as I think in terms of skill level that they are both Similar. The biggest difference is that Redmayne has had more than enough opportunities to prove that he deserves the number one spot but has not taken them. He has played well & made good saves but at the same time still makes errors.

Tyson on the other hand has not been given an extended run in the side but gives away a penalty one week leading a draw & a poor decision to come out led him to being sent off. So many teams he has gone to he has ended up as number 2, there must be something that they see that we don't/can't. Tyson deserves an extended run to prove that he deserves the number one spot. The ball is in his court.

Tyson on the other hand has not been given an extended run in the side but gives away a penalty one week leading a draw & a poor decision to come out led him to being sent off. So many teams he has gone to he has ended up as number 2, there must be something that they see that we don't/can't. Tyson deserves an extended run to prove that he deserves the number one spot. The ball is in his court.

Well he was the No1 Goalkeeper at Gold Coast United and then he ended up being behind Ante Covic with us and with Glory. Hard to wrestle the number 1 spot against Covic if you want to be fair. Good reason he has ended up as a No2 perhaps. 

The ability to sign a contract at a much much lower cost than Redmayne, and continue to put in a lot of work at training despite being the obvious second choice keeper.

Redmayne is a **** keeper. It was proven at Heart. It has been proven last year at WSW. He is even worse this season.

Tyson might not be any better, but no team can afford two first choice keepers without wasting valuable salary cap space. Tyson will likely never be an outright first choice goalkeeper in an A-League with 10 teams.

Don't forget there was both his time in Hong Kong plus the time at Perth Glory. Don't forget that Covic at Perth wasn't like his days with us in S1, S2 & ACL.

Hold on I have to pull you up on that. His time in HK was productive, as far as I am aware he made mostly 1st team appearances. As for Covic he was one season removed from us when he went to Glory. He was still a fantastic goalkeeper when we let him go for Bouzanis/Reddy. 

Don't forget there was both his time in Hong Kong plus the time at Perth Glory. Don't forget that Covic at Perth wasn't like his days with us in S1, S2 & ACL.

Hold on I have to pull you up on that. His time in HK was productive, as far as I am aware he made mostly 1st team appearances. As for Covic he was one season removed from us when he went to Glory. He was still a fantastic goalkeeper when we let him go for Bouzanis/Reddy.
pretty sure Redmayne came in at the start of tje season.

Bouzanis left in January transfer window with Reddy in for Bouzanis.

I also have to pull you up:

- That might have been the case at the beginning but not at the end of his time in HK.

- Going by the last 6 months, he was a shadow of the keeper he was in S1 & S2. I would have loved to keep him on, much like Ron Corry.

- Bouzanis was signed on at the end of S2 as a long term replacement for Covic

I also have to pull you up:

- That might have been the case at the beginning but not at the end of his time in HK.

- Going by the last 6 months, he was a shadow of the keeper he was in S1 & S2. I would have loved to keep him on, much like Ron Corry.

- Bouzanis was signed on at the end of S2 as a long term replacement for Covic

Yeah I have the sequence now. Thanks for that.

I still think in hindsight Covic was still better than all of them and we should have given him one more season at least. 

Covic wasn't part of the plan.

Kalac was. And Bouzanis.

Don't forget though that Bouzanis replaced Tyson, even if he was viewed as the long term successor to Covic.

Bouzanis was part of the plan?

Bouzanis was brought in by Corry, was given plenty of opportunities whilst he was around (funnily enough I don't think he was any better than Covic). When Kalac came in, Covic was let go & Bouzanis didn't play a minute before he was moved on for Redmayne.