R27 Wellington Sunday 10th April 2016 5:00pm

mack

never been out of Australia before so I'm a complete idiot when it comes to travelling overseas, 

I'm assuming that I'll have to get a passport, 

What about visas and stuff like that?

Whats the best way to get NZ money?

get the money in NZ cash or just use a credit card??

Yes you will need a passport, but you won't need a visa as Australia and NZ has a TransTasman relationship. You even use the autogate at NZ airports with an Aussie passport.

You can exchange for NZ dollars at any money changer here in Sydney or in NZ. Most places in NZ accept credit cards. There isn't much of a difference. Just that with credit cards, there is a minimal forex charge.

NZ just feels a bit like another Australian state.

Edited by weeMan

never been out of Australia before so I'm a complete idiot when it comes to travelling overseas, 

Hey mate you will need a passport to travel to NZ. Won't need a visa of any kind though. I would just get money out here the exchange rate is decent you don't get charged an arm and a leg drawing money out of an AUS bank account. And they have ANZ, Westpac, ASB = Commonwealth also so no pesky ATM fees.

Best I've found so far is 483 (plus fees etc) return with Qantas.

Do they still have the departure or tourist tax (really can't remember what's it's called )? It used to be 20-30 kiwi bucks from memory, payable when you leave

No they don't.

Yes you will need a passport, but you won't need a visa as Australia and NZ has a TransTasman relationship. You even use the autogate at NZ airports with an Aussie passport.

You can exchange for NZ dollars at any money changer here in Sydney or in NZ. Most places in NZ accept credit cards. There isn't much of a difference. Just that with credit cards, there is a minimal forex charge.

NZ just feels a bit like another Australian state.

Didn't see this reply... agree with everything it is just like another state, eventually it won't be necessary to have a passport to travel from Aus to Nz and vice-versa.

Edited by slipperypete
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since this is an RBB TOD game it's worth spending your Xmas present vouchers and cash on getting there as well as stretching NYE new beginning vibe to the max. Air New Zealand direct flights to Wellington Saturday game Sunday returning early Monday morning around $465 return basic fare. Don't think about it just jump on.

• 3 weeks later...

Arriving Saturday returning early Monday morning was the cheapest fare. A Nix member who we look after with accommodation when they are here is returning the favour. The best guesstimate of numbers I heard is circa 200. That would be something.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay bitches. I've been sitting on the fence with Brisbane, but it just doesn't work for me. Will give Melbourne on Good Friday the flick as well, don't want to pay the inflated Easter prices. Instead, I'll go to NZ, even though the rest of the extended family pulled out for various reasons. After all, it's a ToD trip, f8rken.

Syd - NZ direct flight with Qantas

Sat., 9 Apr.
SYD 6:50p WLG 11:55p

NZ - Syd direct flight with Qantas
Mon., 11 Apr.
WLG 6:25a SYD 8:10a

Booked flight and hotel with lastminute (cheaper than webjet) for around $800.

If Augsburg can get 2500 fans to travel to a Europe League game in Liverpool on a Thursday night then we should get a few hundred over to Wellington on a weekend. Right? Right???