mack

R27 Wellington Sunday 10th April 2016 5:00pm

Bus from airport to Wellington CBD cost $9. Don't bother with the cab!!

So so good. I love this city already. Everyone here is real friendly.

Wait for RBB to post the official away pub for drinks on Sunday but the best pub to watch the other games live on Friday and Saturday night is called the Four Kings.

http://www.fourkings.co.nz

The last bus from airport to city leaves around 9:30pm. For those of us arriving at midnight splitting a cab might be the way to go.

Flight booked for 6.45pm tomorrow, headed to airport straight from work. Into Wellington around midnight then to the hotel! 

Relieved to see pub sorted to watch matches on Friday and Saturday.

See you all in Wellington!

Just finished packing.....undies...check...passport...check.... all good, now all ready to go tomorrow morning....  :cheeky:  

A couple of booths have been reserved at four kings sports pub on both Friday and Saturday Night in front of two TV's that will have the A League on (with sound) for us.

The games are on at 9:30 over here (Saturday F3 derby is at 7:30).

Only place in town we'll get the football on a TV since the rugby is also on!

*there may / may not be 2 gentlemans clubs within 50m of four kings.

Let's hope they have a pretty loose definition of what a 'gentleman' is. Dmixtaaa in his pants probably won't qualify....

Btw, if we don't win the plate and Villa go down this weekend, me and football are getting a divorce. I bequeath my RBB seat to Fapman. 

Just finished packing.....undies...check...passport...check.... all good, now all ready to go tomorrow morning.... :cheeky:

Be kind to the locals please. I don't want to arrive Saturday evening and learn from taxi drivers that someone wearing red and black colours has been telling sheep jokes.

A couple of booths have been reserved at four kings sports pub on both Friday and Saturday Night in front of two TV's that will have the A League on (with sound) for us.

The games are on at 9:30 over here (Saturday F3 derby is at 7:30).

Only place in town we'll get the football on a TV since the rugby is also on!

*there may / may not be 2 gentlemans clubs within 50m of four kings.

Count me in....for the games only  :ninja: ..... I'll be the one with bells on...   :crazy:

Just finished packing.....undies...check...passport...check.... all good, now all ready to go tomorrow morning.... :cheeky:

Be kind to the locals please. I don't want to arrive Saturday evening and learn from taxi drivers that someone wearing red and black colours has been telling sheep jokes.

Gonaa sit back and chull, might put a movie on bro....How about,...There's something about Ma-a-a-a-a-ary... :crazy:

Over purchased. 4 tickets Away Supporters Bay - $50. PM me to meet pre game. Rather sell the lot but will consider separately.

For anyone on here in Wellington.

When you head to four kings tonight just tell them you're here for the soccer booking under the name pup. They'll point you in the right direction.

Got 4 tickets under the 'get now, sort out later'. Silver section, anywhere in the stadium whatever kind of thing. If anyone needs let me know.

For anyone on here in Wellington.

When you head to four kings tonight just tell them you're here for the soccer booking under the name pup. They'll point you in the right direction.

football booking was taken? :ninja:

I am really struggling with the productivity aspect at work today. My mind is elsewhere and Pup's and Dmixtaaa's updates don't help. I probably should have taken an earlier flight after all.

Roll on Saturday. I hope this turns into the best trip we've ever been onnnnn - du doo doo du doo doo.

I am really struggling with the productivity aspect at work today. My mind is elsewhere and Pup's and Dmixtaaa's updates don't help. I probably should have taken an earlier flight after all.

Roll on Saturday. I hope this turns into the best trip we've ever been onnnnn - du doo doo du doo doo.

Well it's not going to get any easier for you... I just went for a walk along the foreshore and grabbed some lunch, came across this car which I thought quite amusing....

etlIFqO.jpg

I thought only in UNZUD...

I then bumped into this guy, what a brilliant man. We spoke for about 15 minutes on his playing days at Sth Melb and right up to his current role at the Nix. He said he is really glad that the 8 millionaires who own them have finally opened their wallets signing Barbourousis and Finkler for next season.

q5Eezrx.jpg

He also said Popa and him are very good mates and he jokingly said he is open for bribes...  :rofl:

Tut tut why are you not wearing the colours?

Well it's not going to get any easier for you... I just went for a walk along the foreshore and grabbed some lunch, came across this car which I thought quite amusing....

etlIFqO.jpg

I thought only in UNZUD...

I then bumped into this guy, what a brilliant man. We spoke for about 15 minutes on his playing days at Sth Melb and right up to his current role at the Nix. He said he is really glad that the 8 millionaires who own them have finally opened their wallets signing Barbourousis and Finkler for next season.

q5Eezrx.jpg

He also said Popa and him are very good mates and he jokingly said he is open for bribes...  :rofl:

Tut tut why are you not wearing the colours?

I will tonight, tomorrow night and Sunday night. With scarf and #teambuckethat

I planned on going on a sportsfishing trip today but it was cancelled at the last minute due to gale force winds in Cook Straight... So I went for a walk around town instead. 

Gale force winds? that doesn't sound like Wellington at all.

A few years ago I travelled to Wellington for business. A gale blee as the plane approached the airport, and that landing was just about the scariest thing I've experienced all my life (only topped by the monster lying under my bed, waiting to grab my foot when I was 8 years old).

When I got out of the airport building the reason for the hair raising landing became obvious: the rain "fell" horizontally. I have never seen anything like it before or after. I hope the weather Gods will spare me a similar experience tomorrow.

Just had breakfast with dmixtaaa. Shook hands with a beer drinking phoenix supporter who invited us to the yellow fever pub for pre match drinks. He told us that our team stays next door in the Interconti. Didn't take too long for Spider to emerge for some fresh air (= a cigarette).

Lots of red and black jerseys in the street.

^^^^ Apart from the obvious highlights of the game..my next favouite moment was catching your eye Guy... (as well as Bandit's) ..during the rendition of Glorious.

Priceless!

You sang louder...I got the giggles!

Sorry Jacko!!

Roll Call for Wellington Away 2016 / 2017?

In! Even if it means no intimacy in my married life.. cant risk it again. :)