Manchester United Thread

• 4 weeks later...

Seems crazy for Mourinho stick to his guns on this one. The only reason I can think of is because of Bastian's high wages. My guess is that Mourinho was given a wage budget and the $10m a year going to Bastian puts him over budget

Seems crazy for Mourinho stick to his guns on this one. The only reason I can think of is because of Bastian's high wages. My guess is that Mourinho was given a wage budget and the $10m a year going to Bastian puts him over budget
I've heard of managers picking a player to make an example of to warn the rest of the squad. You'd have to think that he has done something to incur his wrath but at this stage it appears like he did nothing!

I believe Koeman did it with one Everton player, dropped him from the first team after stepping out of line but doesn't even have a locker with the youth team.

So basically they've published enough articles about information from "sources" and "those close to the players" that they're now writing articles about there being a leak at the club.

Looking forward to the articles about "sources close to the leak" and "friends of the source close to the leak".

Did Man United sign a part time coach? What is Mou doing in his time off? Watching how Schweinsteiger is doing training by himself?

He's still at training FCB, he's just not running the drills. Sir Alex discussed this at length in his autobiography. He said early in his career he would run most of the drills, but his older assistants suggested that he let them run them. This way he could take everything in, rather than focus on he had to do to run the drill. He agreed to try it, and never went back to running drills. Plenty of coaches do this, there was an article last season on Aloisi doing exactly the same thing.

And FWIW, just because he doesn't run drills, that doesn't mean he's not planning each of the sessions

• 1 month later...

Shades of A-League refereeing in this mornings game.

Jose is in the stands serving a ban for kicking a bottle. Meanwhile nothing for this:

ru8xau.jpg

or this one which was in the penalty area:

1jp3si.jpg

At least the number of goals reflected the performance for once. Also good to make a rare Schweinsteiger sighting.

• 4 weeks later...

Last night, with a Man U supporter family member over in the evening, I found myself watching MUTV on Fox, where they had a doco on George Best running.

What sublime skills he had!! 

But truly, it's breathtaking to watch him in action - despite playing on some potato-patch surfaces that would make the current surface at Suncorps look like a bowling green.  :rolleyes:

Last night, with a Man U supporter family member over in the evening, I found myself watching MUTV on Fox, where they had a doco on George Best running.

What sublime skills he had!! 

But truly, it's breathtaking to watch him in action - despite playing on some potato-patch surfaces that would lake the current surface at Suncorps look like a bowling green.  :rolleyes:

"El Beatle" one of my all time favs

Best quote - "I spent a lot of money on booze,birds and fast cars...the rest I just squandered " ....luv it! :lol:

"I used to go missing a lot...Miss Canada , Miss UK , Miss World" :lol:

When asked about David Beckham " He can't kick with his left foot, he can't head a ball , he can't tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that , he's all right". :rofl:

LEGEND

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Agent Pogba: Mission Accomplished

Also the tour squad has been announced. Assuming Lukaku will be added when he's signed the paperwork.

No Januzaj, Borthwick-Jackson, Johnstone or Varela suggesting they'll be loaned out or moved on.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know what's better, the result, the performance or the fact that the only way City fans could legally watch the match in the UK was to subscribe to MUTV and listen to Paddy Crerand's totally unbiased commentary.

• 5 weeks later...

Two wins from two, 8 for 0 against, Lukaku hitting the ground running, Pogba scoring, Martial scoring, Miki getting 4 times as many assists in two games as he got all last season.

I know they were only West Ham and Swansea and it's still early days but it's hard not to feel like Paddy Evra right now.

He also did an interview with ESPN, saying that "there were a couple of teams reaching out, wanting Ibra-kadabra in their team" but he wanted to stay at United. Also on changing shirt number "So I give you the number 9. But I take the number 10. That's the way we do it. So I never left, I just upgraded my number."

Also pretty happy with this:

• 3 weeks later...

Marcus Rashford's debuts:

• 1st team + Europa League debut vs Midtjylland - 2 goals
  • Premier League debut vs Arsenal - 2 goals
  • England debut vs Australia - 1 goal
  • England U21 debut vs Norway U21 - 3 goals
  • League Cup debut vs Northampton - 1 goal
  • Champions League debut vs Basel - 1 goal
  • 2 weeks later...