Mitch Nichols

mack

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

he's been playing **** for most of the season, and it looks like (to me anyway) that when he can make an impact on the game early, he just runs himself into the ground. thats it. just runs and runs and runs. it was a great quality last season because he had the influence on the game and the energy to keep it up for 90min. this season he just looks tired, all game.

no good. have a rest son.

In early November Nichols 71% passing accuracy was the worst out of Baccus (84), Dimas (84), Martinez (74), Bruno (78) & Jumpei (80).

Currently that stat is:

Nichols 74% (+3)

Baccus 87% (+3)

Dimas 84% (equal)

Martinez 79% (+5)

Bruno 81% (+3)

Jumpei 79% (-1)

His passing in opposition half is at 69%, which is 4 percent lower than Dimas, Jumpei, Bruno & Nico who at all around 73 & 74.

One crazy stat is that Dimas has 611 successful passes, the next highest is Bruno with 329.

Dimas & Bruno make a lot of easy passes in their own half, but once they get into the opposition half, their passing effectiveness drops dramatically by about 10% & 8% respectively. The other attacking players only drop by 5 to 6%.

Unfortunately Mitch's passing inside the opposition half is also the worst, at 69.4%. He somehow has less successful dribbles than Dimas as well.

He's won about as many tackles as Bruno & Dimas have though.

His shooting accuracy is woeful (for a central attacking midfielder) at 41%.

Mitch is trying to thread the difficult ball more often as an attacking mid.  Unsurprisingly his accuracy will suffer. 

Baccus just passes sideways or backwards after quickly getting in to open space.  He sticks an oxygen mask on if he gets anywhere past the centre circle in the opposition half.  Unsurprisingly as a DM he'll have easier options to pass.  Ditto Dimas.

Baccus is a very good bemch cdm

really?
Bench. He comes on and does a job. It was his pass that started the move for Jumpei's first goal

He really isn't.

He's a liability most games. He might have 1 decent game every 10.

I know this is the Nichols thread, but tell me what he actually does. Off the ball, for his athleticism and ground that he covers, when do you see him make a tackle or interception the way Bruno does. He is always a step late to the ball and never marks up on the opposition playmaker and this is at a time when he is fresher than everyone else on the pitch.

On the ball, 90% of times he will pass it sideways or backwards. He does this because he's not good enough on the ball. When he does take the initiative and try to play it forward he loses it most of the time. The only forward passes he makes are out to Clisby or Neville on the wings.

NPL level player not good enough for a bench spot. Harsh but that's my honest assessment. 

I don't understand the criticism of Mitch. He does not stop all game, his ticker is unreal and he's constantly driving forward through defences. The effort he put in against CCM the other week in particular was incredible (as with all the boys that day). His shooting has been a bit off but that's not really his role anyway. It's no coincidence that he's ranked so highly in the Tobin points.

• 5 months later...
  • mack locked this topic