Squad Development 2015/16 Part 2

Likely negotiated while he wasn't a regular starter. Hence, wouldn't be taking up much of the cap.

Not a fan of the move development wise. He's likely to be playing behind Novillo or whoever they bring in to replace him. Had already proven himself at Adelaide.

In saying that though, I'm guessing he was offered more by City. If so, good luck to him

Likely negotiated while he wasn't a regular starter. Hence, wouldn't be taking up much of the cap.

Not a fan of the move development wise. He's likely to be playing behind Novillo or whoever they bring in to replace him. Had already proven himself at Adelaide.

In saying that though, I'm guessing he was offered more by City. If so, good luck to him

I think being a part of the global City family is probably attractive to young ambitious players.

Lol can we get Mitch Austin please !!!

If mvc get rid of Connor pain him to if they get rid of vukovic him to if city get rid of coery gameiro him to these are the richest potential players in the a league popa could perhaps unleash the best with these guys

I think being a part of the global City family is probably attractive to young ambitious players.

Yep that's certainly worked for Luke Brattan

If last season is giving us any clues as to when we can expect new signings then it is going to be a looong winter. I recall how the FB family was howling because we hadn't signed any imports and marquee players yet when training commenced. I expect the same expressions of panic and despair over the next couple of months.

Enjoy the silly season, everybody.

Jamieson 31 May 2015

Neville 9 June 2015

Pepper 9 June 2015

Redmayne 18 June 2015

Andreu 30 June 2015

Nichols 3 July 2015

Pio 27 July 2015

Dimas 3 August 2015

Alberto 9 August 2015

Vidosic 1 Sep 2015

I am going to be really interested to see what we do for the marquee.

For the first time since season 1, a big name eurosnob approved marquee could mean a lot more money for the owners. With us already maxed out parra stadium there wasn't much to be gained by going the Del piero approach in s2 - s4 but now with anz for the next few years a marquee that attracts a load of casual fans could generate big $.

What will lederer and Co do?

I am going to be really interested to see what we do for the marquee.

For the first time since season 1, a big name eurosnob approved marquee could mean a lot more money for the owners. With us already maxed out parra stadium there wasn't much to be gained by going the Del piero approach in s2 - s4 but now with anz for the next few years a marquee that attracts a load of casual fans could generate big $.

What will lederer and Co do?

I'm going with a big name to get an extra 5000 or so members and bump up the average attendance to get close to 20k.

Cahill is the obvious answer but I'd prefer we don't go there - whoever it is they have to get it right, it cost us 2 trophies this season gone.

'We just need a striker'

I reckon that under our current structure the elusive striker we seek does not exist. At least not within our budget.

Think of what we (coaches and fans) want our no. 9 to do....

1. Clinically take chances (like Bulut)

2. Tangle with the Cb's, provide a physical presence and hold up the ball (like Dino)

3. Bring others in to play and contribute to build up

4. High work rate and lead the press (like Bridge)

Each of our strikers have been good for some but not all of these and has copped criticism because of it. Santa has been magnificent and is rightly a fan favourite but in the gf we desperately needed someone to hold the ball up so we could get a foot hold in the game but it's not a strong area of his game.

There has been a fornaroli love fest this season because of the goals he scored but he was a spectator when the opposition had the ball and I reckon he would get yelled at by popa all game for not pressing if he played for us.

Pio was a horrible flop but I'm not sure the answer is out there for $750K.

Tldr: we can't afford the striker we need.

'We just need a striker'

I reckon that under our current structure the elusive striker we seek does not exist. At least not within our budget.

Think of what we (coaches and fans) want our no. 9 to do....

1. Clinically take chances (like Bulut)

2. Tangle with the Cb's, provide a physical presence and hold up the ball (like Dino)

3. Bring others in to play and contribute to build up

4. High work rate and lead the press (like Bridge)

Each of our strikers have been good for some but not all of these and has copped criticism because of it. Santa has been magnificent and is rightly a fan favourite but in the gf we desperately needed someone to hold the ball up so we could get a foot hold in the game but it's not a strong area of his game.

There has been a fornaroli love fest this season because of the goals he scored but he was a spectator when the opposition had the ball and I reckon he would get yelled at by popa all game for not pressing if he played for us.

Pio was a horrible flop but I'm not sure the answer is out there for $750K.

Tldr: we can't afford the striker we need.

Fantastic post Lloydy. We are expecting too much from the strikers we have had and in the end they don't end up doing what they were original brought here to do, which is score goals. It's no so much a problem if our other players are chipping in goals and this year it's been Bridge, Santa and Nicholls. It would be nice to find a striker to score 14+ goals a season for us but finding that striker to fit our system is going to be difficult if near impossible. That's why when others suggest players like Fornaroli, you still won't know if he can deliver goals for us the way we play. As fantastic as he has been at city, he might come and only score 10 goals. It's not an exact science.