Squad Development 2015/16 Part 2

One word - Adebayor.

DANGER. DANGER. DANGER. 

He has the potential to be the new Saba or Pio, avoid at all costs.

Isn't shirt sale revenue pooled and then shared out equally to the clubs under the cba?

Dunno but If it was there's obviously an incentive for the FFA to help landing that big fish...a big fish like Van Persie!
Lloydy is right, we will get a 1/10 share of any merch revenue. The benefit to the team's is the marquee's performance on the field & the FFA get all the other #metric related goodness.

The biggest issue with these big name players is that they don't have a good track record. You've only got to see how the ADP experiment failed for Easts & how the big name players in the MLS are a laughing stock over there. They've flopped pretty hard, let that be a lesson & a warning.

WESTERN Sydney and Sydney FC are both on the trail of Fiorentina midfielder Josh Brillante, aiming to repatriate the fringe Socceroo two years after he left Newcastle for the Serie A club.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/western-sydney/sydney-fc-wanderers-aiming-to-sign-josh-brillante-from-serie-a-club-fiorentina/news-story/7aa26786450bcfc876a132f9674d38ca

what is jesus doing now days? i hear he is a great shot stopper but terrible with crosses

Came back a few years ago. His attempts to convince the public that he is the real deal didn't work out. Last seen in Liverpool Psychiatric Hospital.

WESTERN Sydney and Sydney FC are both on the trail of Fiorentina midfielder Josh Brillante, aiming to repatriate the fringe Socceroo two years after he left Newcastle for the Serie A club.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/western-sydney/sydney-fc-wanderers-aiming-to-sign-josh-brillante-from-serie-a-club-fiorentina/news-story/7aa26786450bcfc876a132f9674d38ca

would be a Brillante signing

what is jesus doing now days? i hear he is a great shot stopper but terrible with crosses

Came back a few years ago. His attempts to convince the public that he is the real deal didn't work out. Last seen in Liverpool Psychiatric Hospital.

still better than Mark Schwarzer personality wise

Schwarzer is a huge eurosnob but at least he's been honest. I'd rather that than some of the bullshit excuses we've heard.

i agree much better than ******* Cahill, giving back to football in Australia my arse

Schwarzer is a massive Euro-snob. well he comes across that way to me....

:nono:

He's a good keeper mate but he comes across as a bit all superior in my opinion. Especially when the HAL has been brought up.

Congrats by the way on your promotion :clapping:

he is the ultimate eurosnob

You can't blame the guy, when you have tasted the delights of Middlesbrough for so long anything else is a come down.

Any way he is a ******* legend, don't care what you say  :P

i agree he is a legend even if i dont like him

**** off Vukovic you had your chance last season to sign for your ******* home and you went to Victory.

Club never made an offer as it was pointless.

Fwiw - Dont know who he was or how he would know but a fellow Wanderer next to me on the plane back to Sydney after the GF said (with supposedly some inside knowledge) Vukovic had agreed to come to WSW but before signing Kalac said he didn't want to work with him?

Arbeloa. My initial reaction was "why do we need a marquee full-back"? Then I thought about Jamieson tearing down one wing and Arbeloa on the other, and it got me a little excited. Especially if we go two marquees + one guest player. And if it pulls a few extra Liverpool A-League skeptics to watch us, so be it. Deal!

EDIT: Also like the Brilliante move, versatile talent who'll still want to prove himself, and solid replacement for Andreu.

Edited by RedBlackOle
Guest riva

Do you think Vukovic can up his game at Wanderers? He was looking overweight and his mind elsewhere. If he has personal dramas going on, then is it a gamble bringing him here? Thoughts?

I don't know about him but I know that his wife has family here, so perhaps it would be good for them and their child to come here. And if it means he'll be happier then that good for us, I reckon he was one of the best keepers in the league back at Perth.

Does he have a contract  with Victory and will they release him - they need two keepers.

I actually feel pretty bad for all the crap that the 06 group has copped over the past few years - emerton, aloisi, cahill, neill, schwarzer etc

Some of them are flawed sure but we owe them a hell of a lot.

I don't understand how we are somehow indebted to someone who plays for the country. They received a massive privelgde and got paid well for it, don't owe them jack.

I actually feel pretty bad for all the crap that the 06 group has copped over the past few years - emerton, aloisi, cahill, neill, schwarzer etc

I don't understand how we are somehow indebted to someone who plays for the country. They received a massive privelgde and got paid well for it, don't owe them jack.
You don't think we might be in a different (ie much worse) place right now if Uruguay 05 and wc06 didn't happen?

In fact I would possibly argue that we may not be here on this forum discussing our club if that Uruguay game had gone the other way. The $ and impetus that game gave the game here was huge imo.

And yes before anyone points it out - I know I am a massive hypocrite because I slag off kewell at every opportunity :)

Football: it's complicated.

You don't think we might be in a different (ie much worse) place right now if Uruguay 05 and wc06 didn't happen?

In fact I would possibly argue that we may not be here on this forum discussing our club if that Uruguay game had gone the other way. The $ and impetus that game gave the game here was huge imo.

And yes before anyone points it out - I know I am a massive hypocrite because I slag off kewell at every opportunity :)

Football: it's complicated.

I'm not arguing any of those points.

I'm saying that I've never understood the mentality that we owe people that represent our country and get well remunerated for it.

Its a massive honour and they're living a dream.

People like Olympians or others that actually have to sacrifice are another story.

the years after 06 the a-league had its worst tears the quality of the competition and the crowds between season 3 to 5 was probably near all time lows

No momentum was achieved another failure from the FFA - so much say sbs use to bag the a-league openly.

Also lets not forget WSW came about for 2 reason because of Clive palmer and a Julie Gillard grant. These were the 2 people who helped start out club moreso than anyone at the FFA.

On the topic I thought what aloisi copped at esfc was unacceptable but what do you expect from that club and its culture.

We owe the players respect for their achievements and for those that come here respect for helping try to grow the league.

For those who chose not to play for our league follow the example of Viduka - just retire with dignity no need to be like Cahill and scwarzer and openly bag the a-league.

Money aside - with Neville and Pepper available as referees this should be sorted.

Surely both Popovic and playing ACL would be enough of a drawcard? You'd think money should be a secondary consideration considering how his career has stalled.

If Brilliante is to be our Andreu replacement, im not very happy. The guy is decent... but very overated, thats all. how he got a Fiorentina contract is beyond me. That O'neil lad at smurf fc is better. But we want improvement from this season and we wont get it from him. Id take him as a versatile utility player on the bench or for squad rotation and thats all. Overall, horrible first team signing, very good bench utility signing.

Dimas is our defensive deep lying midfielder. We need a box to box with some explosiveness and assists/goals ability.

Surely both Popovic and playing ACL would be enough of a drawcard? You'd think money should be a secondary consideration considering how his career has stalled.

Pro footballers are not a charity, they play for money. Couple of years ago we missed out on Brosque because they were prepared to pay him marquee wages and we weren't.

Robbie Kruse started for Bayer Leverkusen on the weekend

He is still definitely Bundesliga standard, just not at Leverkusens standard. They have a ridiculous amount of injuries at the moment. I hoe he gets a good move to a mid table Bundesliga team that needs a right winger rather then a squad top up loan move.

Pro footballers are not a charity, they play for money. Couple of years ago we missed out on Brosque because they were prepared to pay him marquee wages and we weren't.

Not denying that. If SFC want to pay Brilliante $100k more than us, then best of luck to him. But if it comes down to 20k or so I think I know which club would be better for the chance of moving on to better things. Yes, it's a lot of money, but sometimes you have to think a little more long term than the next pay cheque (obviously easier said than done).

Footballers having forethought isn't a common thing though.