Federico Piovaccari

mack

• 3 weeks later...

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/08/14/piovaccari-raring-go

The 30 year-old Italian striker was one of many new players recruited by Wanderers coach Tony Popovic in response to an exhausting and unsuccessful 2014-2015 A-League campaign.

Piovaccari, who netted six goals in 30 appearances for Spanish club Eibar while playing against the likes of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, said he is looking forward to the upcoming season.

"I think that the coach wants to start afresh, to start a new path, so it's normal that there was a shift in direction," Piovaccari said.

"I hope that, with (new Spanish signings) Andreu, Dimas, we have the right age, the right experience in the European game, to be the pillars and the shining lights of the squad. I am a classic No.9, a bomber.

"I'll seek in every way to make the people appreciate me and like me, scoring goals as normal. If I score goals, I do well."

After a journeyman career across Spain, Romania and the Italian second and third divisions, Piovaccari now hopes to settle with his family after years of moving about.

"The experience that I can have here, I think it's the right time, in the sense that I'll be 31 soon, so I hope it's the time to remain for many years at a single club," Piovaccari said.

"Not perhaps to stay a single year and return to Italy. I want to stay here for many years - it's a new experience for me and for my family."

"And I believe that what can be offered here in Sydney, and likewise in other cities around Australia, provides more than just the football - also, the beauty of the cities."

Piovaccari watched on as his new team ground out a 1-0 win over Brisbane Roar in the FFA Cup on Tuesday, and said there was a sense of union in the dressing room.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/08/14/piovaccari-raring-go

The 30 year-old Italian striker was one of many new players recruited by Wanderers coach Tony Popovic in response to an exhausting and unsuccessful 2014-2015 A-League campaign.

Piovaccari, who netted six goals in 30 appearances for Spanish club Eibar while playing against the likes of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, said he is looking forward to the upcoming season.

"I think that the coach wants to start afresh, to start a new path, so it's normal that there was a shift in direction," Piovaccari said.

"I hope that, with (new Spanish signings) Andreu, Dimas, we have the right age, the right experience in the European game, to be the pillars and the shining lights of the squad. I am a classic No.9, a bomber.

"I'll seek in every way to make the people appreciate me and like me, scoring goals as normal. If I score goals, I do well."

After a journeyman career across Spain, Romania and the Italian second and third divisions, Piovaccari now hopes to settle with his family after years of moving about.

"The experience that I can have here, I think it's the right time, in the sense that I'll be 31 soon, so I hope it's the time to remain for many years at a single club," Piovaccari said.

"Not perhaps to stay a single year and return to Italy. I want to stay here for many years - it's a new experience for me and for my family."

"And I believe that what can be offered here in Sydney, and likewise in other cities around Australia, provides more than just the football - also, the beauty of the cities."

Piovaccari watched on as his new team ground out a 1-0 win over Brisbane Roar in the FFA Cup on Tuesday, and said there was a sense of union in the dressing room.

Sounds positive to me!!!! Thats great for a change

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Piovacarri strikes me as the kind of player that needs confidence to play well, 
spent his whole career bouncing around clubs and not knowing where his next contract will come from can often breed negative thoughts and desperation into one's life and playing style, 
You can see that his positioning is off and doesn't seem to fit into the team well yet.
But you can see his physical stature and ability to hold off defenders, just needs some confidence to take those defenders on and run into better holes and space.

The most that we can do as a fan base is to get behind our most highest paid player, 
a guy that's been on loan for most of his life and has always had fans that have thought
'This guy is just a quick fix loan player and won't be around for long so who cares about him'

I agree, a hat trick next week

Wazza just needs more time to settle in and it also helps if he gets the right ball. At the moment he is getting bugger all service, so its hard to make a judgement on him at the moment. 

hhmmmm yeah, I hear you. But there was one cross Nichols put across tonight that summed it up for me. It was a beautiful curved cross that was just BEGGING for a big centre forward to get on the end of. It was the kind of cross strikers thrive on and he was nowhere near it, not even close to the position he should have been in, the commentators mentioned it also.

He is nowhere near on the same wavelength as those around him for mine. Grab a goal and it could all change for him. Yes some final balls are poor, but so is some of his positioning around the box. He isn't anticipating in the right areas and he isn't where Casta and Nichols think he will be. Mind Casta just needs to look up more.

Edited by WSWBoro

Wazza just needs more time to settle in and it also helps if he gets the right ball. At the moment he is getting bugger all service, so its hard to make a judgement on him at the moment. 

hhmmmm yeah, I hear you. But there was one cross Nichols put across tonight that summed it up for me. It was a beautiful curved cross that was just BEGGING for a big centre forward to get on the end of. It was the kind of cross strikers thrive on and he was nowhere near it, not even close to the position he should have been in, the commentators mentioned it also.

He is nowhere near on the same wavelength as those around him for mine. Grab a goal and it could all change for him. Yes some final balls are poor, but so is some of his positioning around the box. He isn't anticipating in the right areas and he isn't where Casta and Nichols think he will be. Mind Casta just needs to look up more.

He was in good position when Sotirio gave that shocker of a cross :D

He was in good position when Sotirio gave that shocker of a cross :D

lol can't win