Sydney Utd Sports Centre

WSW v St George

6.30pm  Sunday 28th February

Blacktown International Sportspark

BOOM innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

:woah:  :woah:  :woah:

the 'real' derby

this is a true derby 

two teams localy fighting for supporters (esfc never had the west nor will the ever)

a team with a lot of history and one of the biggest back in the day vs the new comer who is now the biggest(old club v new club/franchise hatred)

similar to esfc united have lost a few supporters to the wanderers and united/SUS still holding a grudge 

one of the earlier clubs we played so a bit of nostalgia for those who were there

the list goes on long story short in and hoping for a massive turn out 

the 'real' derby

this is a true derby 

two teams localy fighting for supporters (esfc never had the west nor will the ever)

a team with a lot of history and one of the biggest back in the day vs the new comer who is now the biggest(old club v new club/franchise hatred)

similar to esfc united have lost a few supporters to the wanderers and united/SUS still holding a grudge 

one of the earlier clubs we played so a bit of nostalgia for those who were there

let's not get carried away, as at the end of the day its only a pre-season fixture with the WSW NPL2 side.

don't get me wrong I will be there, as will other fans, but do you think many WSW will turn out for this?

if the two clubs ever faced in the FFA CUP (united v WSW HAL side) I got no doubt it will sell out. (11-12k) seeing as though we had 8k for Sydney fc in 2014.

I ask so many United fans, now Wanderers fans who'd they support, they tell me United, but they probably tell others wanderers. I still got time for the ones that attend United matches, but no respect for the ones that don't anymore.

the 'real' derby

this is a true derby 

let's not get carried away, as at the end of the day its only a pre-season fixture with the WSW NPL2 side.

don't get me wrong I will be there, as will other fans, but do you think many WSW will turn out for this?

if the two clubs ever faced in the FFA CUP (united v WSW HAL side) I got no doubt it will sell out. (11-12k) seeing as though we had 8k for Sydney fc in 2014.

I ask so many United fans, now Wanderers fans who'd they support, they tell me United, but they probably tell others wanderers. I still got time for the ones that attend United matches, but no respect for the ones that don't anymore.

no i dont think it will be a big turn out from a wanderers point of view but attendances dont make derbies history does and we have history in more ways then one. i will bring as many as i can and it would be amazing to see it an offical away trip organised by the RBB leadership (but i can not see that happening) but really i dont care it will just be good to see these two clubs playing each other again. it may be some time before we face each other in the cup so i will take my opportunities while i can lol

you never know, if its promote enough you will get interest.

by the way who are the Emerging Jets? I noticed them on the list too.

I take it, it's the youth of Newcastle Jets?

Yes, they're part of the Newcastle Jets setup. I think they play in the NNSW NPL.

ohhhhhh i thought the list he was talking about was teams competing in  NSWNPL2 lol 

ohhhhhh i thought the list he was talking about was teams competing in  NSWNPL2 lol 

That list is here:

http://www.footballnsw.com.au/index.php?id=npl-nsw-mens-2

There's no salary cap so I'm assuming any player who's is contractually obligated can play in that division. Obviously players that play the full A-League season won't make any appearances but maybe someone like Santa will be able to play a couple of games for fitness if required.

That's how I see it anyway.

Edited by Nel

There's no salary cap so I'm assuming any player who's is contractually obligated can play in that division. Obviously players that play the full A-League season won't make any appearances but maybe someone like Santa will be able to play a couple of games for fitness if required.

surely not, currently they are put in the youth league squad, and fair enough, that league is really just for developing player and fitness for first squad the npl has major clubs across NSW competing in a serious comp you cant just have santa or vidosic etc drop down surely that is not alloud we are not the nrl  

surely not, currently they are put in the youth league squad, and fair enough, that league is really just for developing player and fitness for first squad the npl has major clubs across NSW competing in a serious comp you cant just have santa or vidosic etc drop down surely that is not alloud we are not the nrl  

Possibly, I'm not sure how they're going to go about the registration process for players and if they'll allow mid season signings / injury subs etc. I'm going to assume that the current NYL team will make up the bulk of the squad because if that's not the case, I can't see the advantage of having a team playing in the NSWNPL and the costs involved. 

Possibly, I'm not sure how they're going to go about the registration process for players and if they'll allow mid season signings / injury subs etc. I'm going to assume that the current NYL team will make up the bulk of the squad because if that's not the case, I can't see the advantage of having a team playing in the NSWNPL and the costs involved. 

fair enoguh so then what happens to the nyl? we bring more players in to that once the npl side is constructed?

fair enoguh so then what happens to the nyl? we bring more players in to that once the npl side is constructed?

I'm pretty sure there'll have to be teams from u12's through to u18's and u'20s to compete in the NPL1 and 2 so therefore the first grade team can't be filled with young players or if it is, then the younger teams will be filled with the second choice players for that age group (if you get what I'm trying to say.)

Promotion from NPL2 to NPL3 isn't based on first past the post in first grade but who comes first in the club championship which includes first grade, U20's and 18's results. It's all pretty confusing so the make up of the Wanderers and Sydney FC will be interesting. 

Central Coast had a team in the comp last year and it included players such as Woodbyne, Hurley, McGing and Bozanic.

WSW PL Trial games announced by FootballNSW

Sun 6pm 31/1 v Marconi @ Blacktown IS

Thurs 8pm 4/2 V Mt Druitt @Popondetta

Sun 6.30pm 21/2 v SU58 @ Edensor

Sun 28/2 6.30 v St George Blacktown IS

http://www.footballnsw.com.au/index.php?id=149&tx_ttnews%5Byear%5D=2016&tx_ttnews%5Bmonth%5D=01&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=10759&cHash=1ca465afc7a9ceef4c4fabfce9619fdc

Friendly matches announced

The 2016 Football season is just around the corner but to get you through till kick off a number of friendly matches have been announced across all Football NSW competitions and age groups.

To gain access to view these up-coming friendly games click here and choose the league you would like more information on.

This year the Preseason Cup will not take place in the PlayStation 4 National Premier Leagues NSW Men's, rather a series of friendlies will be played.