mack

Mental Health Thread 2

15 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

Unccygoatbloom!  Get GT Sport n play that online! That will cover your Motorsport n gaming fix. I haven’t played for ages but will get back into it when I get back from Radelaide next week. We can race each other at Bathurst!  :xnod:

i been trying and failing to get spiderman on sale i'll see if i can GT Sports, strippers currently are not on sale but they should be

Hey Goat!!

On 26/12/2019 at 1:13 PM, Neverbloom said:

what is a good thing to do to keep me from being bored? i know being bored is a first world problem but if you are always bored, never excited by anything and dont have anything to look forward to then life can get pretty gloomy,

You may say it’s a first world problem but it’s a problem that grips many not just from boredom problem but sometimes it’s just about getting away mentally or physically from the grind that can be daily life.

I think you need to pick a hobby that suits you the best, there is plenty out there but finding one that you enjoy the most might take some trial & error. Some passing commentary on those mentioned already:

Bushwalking: May I suggest a bushwalking club? Will be a great way not only to start a new hobby but there is so much more. Meeting new people, making new friendships is something I know you’ve wanted to do for some time, getting back to nature, breathing in the fresh air, the benefits of walking/exercising to your physical & mental health. Really think it will be great but you may need to start off on the lower grades & work your way up.

Gardening: I like this suggestion too, I’ve been getting into this myself a bit. Started off with some pruning & some weeding, now have transferred some plants around our unit complex. It can be quite inexpensive but again brings lots of benefits, something you don’t need to travel for, you can put as much as you want into it too (really strenuous or really peaceful & calming) but would usually done by yourself.

Ive thrown up a suggestion previously about joining a football club in your local area. Lots of volunteer work to be done, as simple as being on bbq or canteen duties to being involved in coaching or managing. Getting back involved in lawn bowls sounds like fun, are there any other activities you’ve really enjoyed over the years that has made you happy?

Personally I’ve found exercise very beneficial for my health both physically & mentally. I hope you find something that helps!

On the medication thing, I can’t recommend strongly enough to take it regularly. Even 1 day of not taking my medication causes me so much grief, if you haven’t taken it for a while then I can imagine how it’s been affecting you. It seems like you seem to be having some side effects, perhaps make an appointment with your doctor who is prescribing it & explain what you are facing. Maybe they can change your dose or medication that may help,

On 26/12/2019 at 3:27 PM, Neverbloom said:

recently i was the kind of person who would feel depressed but wouldnt complain now i am back to the whiny bitch i have always been, i made so much progress and now its all gone

The one thing I have learnt over the years, is that sometimes we can have set backs. I can’t tell you the amount of times I’ve had to start from literally zero over the past 10 years, set back after set back, but the one positive I find is that it allows me to analyze what went wrong. You can imagine that I have a pretty long list now of the things that I’ve done wrong & what I can improve upon.

Okay, you’ve had a speed bump & you may have lost some progress but you need to remember how much progress you’ve made. That progress you’ve lost you can make back up, you’ve been there before & you can do it again. Look, you’re already looking to improve yourself, to better yourself by looking for a new hobby. Got to remember progress isn’t always a straight line, always going to be highs & lows but the most important thing is that you’re going in the right direction.

Attached is an image that I’ve come across when it comes to chronic pain. Now I know you don’t have chronic pain but the concept of having good or bad periods is exactly the same, so is the upward trend of your overall betterment & improvement.

1740ACF7-689F-4F1E-9C0F-C73D2DDDA591.jpeg

On 30/12/2019 at 8:54 PM, Prydzopolis said:

Hey Goat!!

You may say it’s a first world problem but it’s a problem that grips many not just from boredom problem but sometimes it’s just about getting away mentally or physically from the grind that can be daily life.

I think you need to pick a hobby that suits you the best, there is plenty out there but finding one that you enjoy the most might take some trial & error. Some passing commentary on those mentioned already:

Bushwalking: May I suggest a bushwalking club? Will be a great way not only to start a new hobby but there is so much more. Meeting new people, making new friendships is something I know you’ve wanted to do for some time, getting back to nature, breathing in the fresh air, the benefits of walking/exercising to your physical & mental health. Really think it will be great but you may need to start off on the lower grades & work your way up.

Gardening: I like this suggestion too, I’ve been getting into this myself a bit. Started off with some pruning & some weeding, now have transferred some plants around our unit complex. It can be quite inexpensive but again brings lots of benefits, something you don’t need to travel for, you can put as much as you want into it too (really strenuous or really peaceful & calming) but would usually done by yourself.

Ive thrown up a suggestion previously about joining a football club in your local area. Lots of volunteer work to be done, as simple as being on bbq or canteen duties to being involved in coaching or managing. Getting back involved in lawn bowls sounds like fun, are there any other activities you’ve really enjoyed over the years that has made you happy?

Personally I’ve found exercise very beneficial for my health both physically & mentally. I hope you find something that helps!

On the medication thing, I can’t recommend strongly enough to take it regularly. Even 1 day of not taking my medication causes me so much grief, if you haven’t taken it for a while then I can imagine how it’s been affecting you. It seems like you seem to be having some side effects, perhaps make an appointment with your doctor who is prescribing it & explain what you are facing. Maybe they can change your dose or medication that may help,

thank you sorry i ignored your post for ages, i agree i am doing slightly better now, i mean its 4:30 am almost and i am drinking and listening to depressing music so not fantastic but better than before, if i can get my only real life friend to join i might do bush walking, just dont want to do it on my own, i will text her about it, i do find some reward in gardening at least i did when it came to work for the dole its honestly not something that massively interests me but its something i can do to relax, i know a lot of suggestions have been made and i have not gotten around to any of them, i need to get on with it, i remember a while ago i was at a concert for a band i really like but i hated the experience i just felt insanely depressed and had no fun it can hit like that

i am not sure about meds right now, when i made those posts i felt i needed them but i am feeling better since so i am not sure i wish i knew one way or the other.

On 30/12/2019 at 9:10 PM, Prydzopolis said:

The one thing I have learnt over the years, is that sometimes we can have set backs. I can’t tell you the amount of times I’ve had to start from literally zero over the past 10 years, set back after set back, but the one positive I find is that it allows me to analyze what went wrong. You can imagine that I have a pretty long list now of the things that I’ve done wrong & what I can improve upon.

Okay, you’ve had a speed bump & you may have lost some progress but you need to remember how much progress you’ve made. That progress you’ve lost you can make back up, you’ve been there before & you can do it again. Look, you’re already looking to improve yourself, to better yourself by looking for a new hobby. Got to remember progress isn’t always a straight line, always going to be highs & lows but the most important thing is that you’re going in the right direction.

Attached is an image that I’ve come across when it comes to chronic pain. Now I know you don’t have chronic pain but the concept of having good or bad periods is exactly the same, so is the upward trend of your overall betterment & improvement.

1740ACF7-689F-4F1E-9C0F-C73D2DDDA591.jpeg

that is true thank you, honestly i been thinking a lot about people i used to be friends with and for whatever reason we no longer talk or there is some resentment there, i burn bridges too easily and right now i wonder if i went off grid, never went online, never went outside, just hid and never contacted anyone if anyone would actually notice i was gone, honestly no one would notice and that is depressing.

i brought this on myself though for the most part, i just dont know what to do i'll always burn bridges, i feel less complainy since my post though so at least there is that :P (even if i am complaining right now), i found myself playing overwatch recently an online video game and i get angry much easier than before, i throw(pretty much not trying) if my team isnt going well, only done that a few times but i hate people who give up and i am doing that, its not about the game though its a lot of other stuff that impacts on how i play that which is depressing because it was an escape and i need to stop being a horrible player.

thank you so much for all the help, i will be contacting my friend as soon as i wake up(whenever i sleep) and arrange something with her, she is honestly the only person i can reliably count on, and that is nothing against anyone on the forum i know if i post my issues people will help and be supportive, but i am more talking about someone who will come hang out with me and help me forget everything, at least we got a bit of rain last night so that is something i can feel a tiny bit better about, its so much easier to detach from some people

8 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Hope everyone is doing ok.

how are you doing? tbh i have a few people in my past i no longer care about and i no longer care what they think about me which is freeing as hell tbh

Oh sorry, yeah I'm ok I guess.

Just checking in after seeing that sad news on the original RBB member yesterday.

I didn't know him personally just the odd conversation here and there but like many I've seen his face since 2012 so definitely knew who he was

7 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Oh sorry, yeah I'm ok I guess.

Just checking in after seeing that sad news on the original RBB member yesterday.

I didn't know him personally just the odd conversation here and there but like many I've seen his face since 2012 so definitely knew who he was

that is very sad i didnt even know about that, honestly i feel ******* sick, i try to eat healthy but in my circumstances its just not that easy so i am constantly feeling dizzy and having no energy, its something i need to fix because i cant continue on like this feeling sick 90% of the time is not fun

1 minute ago, hawks2767 said:

Are you getting out of the house much ?

not too often right now, i am actually going to a self help thing tomorrow i mean its free so its worth a shot but i dont know how i will be awake for it since my sleeping pattern is ****, i am trying to go out more, dont want to go out to the wanderers match sunday but will most likely push myself to go, i just know today is going to be difficult even if i manage to stay awake, its so fifficult to stay awake when i want to and of course cityrail is a pile of **** which is making tomorrow more difficult

Keep on putting one foot in front of the other, Goat.

It's all any of us can do in tough times!

:grouphug::grouphug:

8 minutes ago, wendybr said:

It's all any of us can do in tough times!

Thank you I dunno I always end up going backwards mentally, the trip to the event has me in a shitty mood but hopefully the actual event is alright

Sorry I don’t have much to add right now Goat

11 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

i try to eat healthy

That’s a good start, it’s not always easy to eat healthy with so much junk & processed food around but you’ve got to start somewhere

11 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

sleeping pattern is ****

This makes things difficult but good on you for getting up early and going to a self help session today. Good on you :good:

2 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

Thank you I dunno I always end up going backwards mentally, the trip to the event has me in a shitty mood

I like to call them shitty rail :lol: Always seems to be some sort of trackwork, delays etc etc going on :acute:

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

That’s good advice Wendy, but Goat did you manage to seek out your doctor after not feeling great a while back?

^^^All excellent advice from you, Prydz...and I'm sure we all hope things are progressing well for you this week in hospital!

It’s just hard being in pain all the time, feel like it’s a drain on my soul :( 

It’s as you say, you put one foot in front of the other & keep going

5 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

Thank you I dunno I always end up going backwards mentally, the trip to the event has me in a shitty mood but hopefully the actual event is alright

Hey Goat, have you heard of the Penrith Men's Walk and Talk?

Given where you live, and your transport options, it may be difficult for you to attend but even so, visiting their facebook page may be worthwhile. There are some good messages there.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Community-Service/Penrith-Mens-Walk-and-Talk-551508698669984/

Since they started, other groups have started in the Mountains and (I think) Bathurst. Maybe another will start closer to you.

I haven't been partly because I do something else on Thursdays. But I'm kicking myself for not going in the past few weeks when I didn't have the other activity to go to.

3 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

2 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Hey Goat, have you heard of the Penrith Men's Walk and Talk?

Given where you live, and your transport options, it may be difficult for you to attend but even so, visiting their facebook page may be worthwhile. There are some good messages there.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Community-Service/Penrith-Mens-Walk-and-Talk-551508698669984/

Since they started, other groups have started in the Mountains and (I think) Bathurst. Maybe another will start closer to you.

I haven't been partly because I do something else on Thursdays. But I'm kicking myself for not going in the past few weeks when I didn't have the other activity to go to.

Thank you I will look into it, as long as it's something I can get to it's something I am happy to try

15 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Sorry I don’t have much to add right now Goat

That’s a good start, it’s not always easy to eat healthy with so much junk & processed food around but you’ve got to start somewhere

This makes things difficult but good on you for getting up early and going to a self help session today. Good on you :good:

I like to call them shitty rail :lol: Always seems to be some sort of trackwork, delays etc etc going on :acute:

That’s good advice Wendy, but Goat did you manage to seek out your doctor after not feeling great a while back?

i am very sorry i didnt reply to this post i literally was out all day yesterday so i didnt want to reply to everything, lol thank you they are so anger inducing :P lucky i didnt end up being late but i thought i was going to be late plus my anxiety was high so it wasnt fun :P honestly i need to see the doctor soon i have had a cough for about 2 weeks that wont go away but i am still not sure about sertraline, sometimes i feel like i need it other times i am good without it, its something i need to do soon at least for my throat issues.

15 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

i have so much respect for you for being able to power through this, honestly if i feel the most tiny bit in pain or unwell then my mind goes straight to suicide, i just cant deal with it but you are very strong and i hope it improves, i cant speak for pain but i know how draining depression is and its just not fun at all, it makes even the most simple tasks feel impossible

I'm totally with Prydz...who has reminded you that you need to get to your Dr Goat.

Take care.

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

I'm totally with Prydz...who has reminded you that you need to get to your Dr Goat.

Take care.

thank you still not sure meds are the way i should be treating this though, i simply dont know but i still should go to talk about it

On 19/01/2020 at 11:32 AM, wendybr said:

Definitely!

thank you i should be going in a few days

want to thank all those who have supported me, and there has been a lot of you, hell even last night a wanderers fan i dont talk to often came up to me and offered to introduce me to a group of her friends(and a couple of people i already know well) just nice to see so many good people in the wanderers family

We are all here for you goat, but not just you. We are all here to support one another, all part of the western Sydney family.

I can’t stress enough, that if anyone is having a bad day, having a hard time or is struggling is something, please reach out. Please come here & we will listen & help you :grouphug:

2 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

We are all here for you goat, but not just you. We are all here to support one another, all part of the western Sydney family.

I can’t stress enough, that if anyone is having a bad day, having a hard time or is struggling is something, please reach out. Please come here & we will listen & help you :grouphug:

Thank you honestly today has been pretty good, meeting with a great friend tomorrow and going to the doctor the day after, so all good things for my mental health

I agree with the 2nd thing you Said, lots of supportive people here

Very true.

Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have the $$$ together to get started on a home cinema so there'll be an open invitation for you guys to come over on a Saturday night and watch football via kayo in a 10 seater cinema on a 150" screen.

Start off with the A League, then a Championship match, then old firm derby followed by some Bundesliga action then SerieA, whatever is on.

Put your worries on hold for a night and just hang out, I'd prefer not to see anyone on here deal with issues alone if I can help.

ps. you're banned if you don't touch the Kerem Bulut poster in the hallway like the Liverpool players touch the Anfield sign.

1 hour ago, hawks2767 said:

Very true.

Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have the $$$ together to get started on a home cinema so there'll be an open invitation for you guys to come over on a Saturday night and watch football via kayo in a 10 seater cinema on a 150" screen.

Start off with the A League, then a Championship match, then old firm derby followed by some Bundesliga action then SerieA, whatever is on.

Put your worries on hold for a night and just hang out, I'd prefer not to see anyone on here deal with issues alone if I can help.

ps. you're banned if you don't touch the Kerem Bulut poster in the hallway like the Liverpool players touch the Anfield sign.

that is very kind of you :) and lol the Bulut poster must be respected :P

i know it never worked out with him and people still think he is **** but he was our best player in that world cup(under 19's i think) ages ago with the likes of mustafa amini in the same squad sadly just didnt work out.

oddly enough even though i have been pretty negative recently sometimes i just feel what is coming, like once i felt a huge depression was going to hit in 6 months and it did so i can feel how my mental health is going and right now its been pretty low but i see it being on the up for the next 4 months or so, not sure what will happen after 4 months but i know things will get better and my mental health will be good in 4 months so i am happy about that