Mental Health Thread 2

mack

22 minutes ago, Kitto said:

Good, real good actually. When I get closer to depleting my medication I'll go back to the gp. I'm going to cancel my next appointment with the psych since I didn't really felt like it all 'clicked', but I'll get a referral to someone else. 

On that thought, do I actually need a referral or should I just get some local recommendations (no idea where though) 

i dont know your area but i go to a place called wellbe psychology, they are pretty good(service can be **** though 90% of the time they dont bother to answer the phone) but once they do their therapists are pretty good(from who i have seen). also wellbe has like 6 or 8 different sites

but i believe you will need to go to the doctors to change your mental health care plan if you are on that

On 25/08/2020 at 4:08 PM, Kitto said:

Good, real good actually. When I get closer to depleting my medication I'll go back to the gp. I'm going to cancel my next appointment with the psych since I didn't really felt like it all 'clicked', but I'll get a referral to someone else. 

On that thought, do I actually need a referral or should I just get some local recommendations (no idea where though) 

I can recommend a psychologist Kitto, tho not a psychiatrist. Pm me if you'd like the recommendation. 

On 25/08/2020 at 4:08 PM, Kitto said:

Very good to hear @Kitto, I’m glad apart from the non-cancerous tumour! 

You don’t need a referral to go to a psychologist but as goat mentioned, if you get a “mental health care plan” from your GP you’ll get 5 Medicare subsidized sessions with an ability to get some more if needed.

Sometimes you don’t always have a good fit or click with people, as with all walks of life. Your GP should know a number of different psychologists & they’ll know someone else that you might work better. It goes the same with GP’s, you might not work well or click with your current GP but nothing to try someone else if you don’t think it’s working.

31 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Very good to hear @Kitto, I’m glad apart from the non-cancerous tumour! 

You don’t need a referral to go to a psychologist but as goat mentioned, if you get a “mental health care plan” from your GP you’ll get 5 Medicare subsidized sessions with an ability to get some more if needed.

Sometimes you don’t always have a good fit or click with people, as with all walks of life. Your GP should know a number of different psychologists & they’ll know someone else that you might work better. It goes the same with GP’s, you might not work well or click with your current GP but nothing to try someone else if you don’t think it’s working.

And how are you getting on Prydz? :)

23 hours ago, wendybr said:

And how are you getting on Prydz? :)

To be honest? Struggling, I’m stuck in a bit of a rut at the moment & it’s hard to budge.

A new medication was working great till things got worse with my family member with cancer, so made the decision to move in with them. Moving two households & still got bits and pieces to move literally killed me. I thought I’d bounce back, but unfortunately I’m back in the rut again.

The wanderers being hopeless on and off the field doesn’t help things. It really tests your loyalty things seem to be so broken there appears no way back.

The good news is that at least I’m enjoying my refereeing, Saturday’s & Sunday’s plus one day midweek. Keeping me busy. Prydz junior keeps me on my toes, never a dull moment!

4 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

To be honest? Struggling, I’m stuck in a bit of a rut at the moment & it’s hard to budge.

A new medication was working great till things got worse with my family member with cancer, so made the decision to move in with them. Moving two households & still got bits and pieces to move literally killed me. I thought I’d bounce back, but unfortunately I’m back in the rut again.

The wanderers being hopeless on and off the field doesn’t help things. It really tests your loyalty things seem to be so broken there appears no way back.

The good news is that at least I’m enjoying my refereeing, Saturday’s & Sunday’s plus one day midweek. Keeping me busy. Prydz junior keeps me on my toes, never a dull moment!

Well... there are some positives there amongst the negatives, Prydz.

Enjoy those positives, and hopefully you'll find a way out of that rut soon!  :grouphug::grouphug:

while this guy does focus on twitch and streaming and such this guy does have some very interesting videos imo have not checked out too many of them yet and most of the people in them dont interest me but there is some interesting stuff in there

https://www.youtube.com/c/HealthyGamerGG/videos

this is one of his interesting videos imo

1 hour ago, Neverbloom said:

I am so glad you brought this up. 

I'm actually seeing a start of controlling behaviour towards very close relation to me. I'm worried about him and where things may end up within a few years. I strongly believe, and witness (along with many others), there is a strong psychological bullying towards him. A lot of people would pass it off as "oh he's just pu55ywhipped!", but I see the start of a lot more. 

They've got a baby on the way too, and the timing of the pregnancy is very suspect too. 

Anyway, I could rabble on about them for hours. I've already written and deleted paragraphs of examples of their behaviours. But I will be reaching out to him today!

42 minutes ago, teddies said:

I am so glad you brought this up. 

I'm actually seeing a start of controlling behaviour towards very close relation to me. I'm worried about him and where things may end up within a few years. I strongly believe, and witness (along with many others), there is a strong psychological bullying towards him. A lot of people would pass it off as "oh he's just pu55ywhipped!", but I see the start of a lot more. 

They've got a baby on the way too, and the timing of the pregnancy is very suspect too. 

Anyway, I could rabble on about them for hours. I've already written and deleted paragraphs of examples of their behaviours. But I will be reaching out to him today!

i am very sorry you know someone very closely who is going through worrying behaviour, i think men's line help with domestic violence but i am not sure how helpful that is, i am very lucky i have never been through anything like that myself but it would be horrible to go through that and have no resources to help you out, at least your close relation does have support with you :)

keep in mind controlling behaviour is not always DV, that said with DV it usually starts small and then gets worse so its best to always keep an eye out for it, i respect your attitude because there is a lot of stigma around males who go through DV good luck though its a very difficult situation no matter what

i am a few days late(about a day late) and i have not seen the video but there is a video of a bearded guy live streaming who ends up shooting himself in the head with a shotgun, apparently its been going around facebook/youtube/twitter/tiktok ect so if you see this image on the thumbnail

118934170_1003034243466686_5329926433232

do not watch it, RIP Ronnie McNutt

sadly some sick ****'s have been hiding it in other media so just dont watch anything you dont trust, especially because that video is being hidden in cute animal videos its ****ed

2 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

i am a few days late(about a day late) and i have not seen the video but there is a video of a bearded guy live streaming who ends up shooting himself in the head with a shotgun, apparently its been going around facebook/youtube/twitter/tiktok ect so if you see this image on the thumbnail

118934170_1003034243466686_5329926433232

do not watch it, RIP Ronnie McNutt

sadly some sick ****'s have been hiding it in other media so just dont watch anything you dont trust, especially because that video is being hidden in cute animal videos its ****ed

I haven't seen it and refuse to watch it but what's more disturbing is that there is a good chance my kids have seen it.

I had immediate emails from both my kids schools yesterday warning parents about this and asking us to limit our kids social media interaction for at least 24 hrs. It appears Tik Tok have still not taken this video down. WTF!

Seriously, social media is ****ed.

@wendybr ?

1 minute ago, Wanderboy said:

I haven't seen it and refuse to watch it but what's more disturbing is that there is a good chance my kids have seen it.

I had immediate emails from both my kids schools yesterday warning parents about this and asking us to limit our kids social media interaction for at least 24 hrs. It appears Tik Tok have still not taken this video down. WTF!

Seriously, social media is ****ed.

@wendybr ?

Only heard about it today, and haven't heard anything via kids - if that's what you mean WB.

Horrifying, isn't it?  :(

12 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Only heard about it today, and haven't heard anything via kids - if that's what you mean WB.

Horrifying, isn't it?  :(

Yes, it is horrifying that kids are exposed to this sort of stuff.

Particularly during Covid-19 when so many kids are already struggling with the pressures of school and in Jnr's case, the HSC.

3 hours ago, wendybr said:

What's the reason, Goat?

the first cancellation was because the therapist had a family emergency, had no issue with that but the 2nd appointment they just ****ed up but yay at least i got an appointment in mid October(till they randomly cancel that one too) and now the therapist i feel comfortable with and is local is not taking new clients so they ****ed up in 2 different ways

53 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

now the therapist i feel comfortable with and is local is not taking new clients

Do you think you can ask the therapist to reconsider? How about draft an email asking why you want to continue with him/her?

I’m guessing the reason he/she isn’t taking on anyone new because they can’t make regular appointments for his/her patients. It’s probably why you’ve got to wait so long. 

Another idea is to go back to your GP to find another psychologist or one that you’ll be able to see more regularly? 

41 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Do you think you can ask the therapist to reconsider? How about draft an email asking why you want to continue with him/her?

I’m guessing the reason he/she isn’t taking on anyone new because they can’t make regular appointments for his/her patients. It’s probably why you’ve got to wait so long. 

Another idea is to go back to your GP to find another psychologist or one that you’ll be able to see more regularly? 

its not the therapist its the shitty agency who have made that decision, wellbe psychology who are the ones who cant keep a ******* appointment but i cant find any groups like that in my area, trying to find a group like that(pretty much an agent for therapists) because then i have more choice instead of being stuck with one psychologist but i cant find anything like that, it would honestly be easier just to OD then deal with this **** i am ******* sick of it

EDIT: found a group who hopefully are less ****, its like 2 hours to attend an appointment but its better than dealing with these useless ****s

On 16/09/2020 at 10:03 PM, Neverbloom said:

it would honestly be easier just to OD then deal with this **** i am ******* sick of it

Please don’t goat, there is always another solution

On 16/09/2020 at 10:03 PM, Neverbloom said:

EDIT: found a group who hopefully are less ****, its like 2 hours to attend an appointment but its better than dealing with these useless ****s

Let us know how it goes? How did you find them? Did you ask your GP?

16 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Please don’t goat, there is always another solution

Let us know how it goes? How did you find them? Did you ask your GP?

thank you i am more calm now, just dont get how they can manage to cancel 2 appointments in a row, i tend to have an obsessive personality so i did obsess over that for a few days but now i have moved on to another topic(borderlands 3) so at least i am not upset about that anymore, i was dramatic though i apologise for that

sometimes i do wonder if i do have OCD or if my obsessive thoughts are just a way to protect myself though

i googled them, it was usually a 6 week wait though, so my current group are less of a wait so i'll stay there for the moment

17 hours ago, Kitto said:

Hey goat, the medication I'm on helps control OCD. I haven't had any negative thoughts since I've been on it. 

Might be worth asking about. 

thank you very much, at the end of the day i was pissed off that my appointment got cancelled twice but obsessive thoughts have always been a curse and a blessing because i know if i try to let my mind relax and stop thinking it wont work and will just focus on depressing topics but if i am focused on a specific interest of mine and obsessing over that then the negative thoughts wont be able to take over

that said if something negative is happening my mind wont be able to escape from that, for example me and an Indian ex girlfriend were starting to feel things for each other a while back(but we are not suited for each other) so my obsessive thoughts were not helpful there :P

also dont know w if this is related to my OCD or if its something else but sometimes when i was at parramatta stadium(the new one) if i was too high up in the stands i would look up and worry i was going to float off into space.........that most likely wasnt going to happen :P so i can see when obsessive thoughts are making zero sense plus once i wasnt so high up its not something i thought of at all so at least i can recognise when i am being nuts :P what is the medication you are on?

glad you are doing better after your surgery

on another topic i been watching things on K pop and J pop(not genres i have much interest in from a music point of view) its depressing how many j pop and k pop stars end up taking their own lives, both industries are very toxic from what i have heard. and watched

On 19/09/2020 at 7:46 PM, Kitto said:

Yeah, was discharged from westmead today. Two operations removed 13 tumours. Hobbling around a bit. 

On 19/09/2020 at 11:02 AM, wendybr said:

Great to hear you're doing well Kitto!

Have you had the op on your knee yet?

Yes, absolutely fantastic to hear Kitto! I’m hoping that’s the last we hear of those tumors, all the best on your recovery :good:

:grouphug: