ACDC vs RBB

Who's stupid idea was it is blast ACDC across the stadium last night over the chanting of the RBB?

Are we trying to copy the Victory and have a WSW theme song?

I'd prefer to let the RBB create the atmosphere and hopefully inspire our team and intimidate our opponents.

It was so loud it was almost distorted and it was painful. I'm no anti-funster but yesterday was appalling if it was meant to be a potential walk out song.

The club clearly have no idea what it takes to create atmosphere if this is their first attempt.

Shame WSW.

Just stfu with the loudspeakers, and let the RBB do their job. Seriously.

Hey mate, a few things.

- Club is in the process of changing the current walk out song from the crap that they've had in the last 3 seasons. They are either looking for a song that can be sung by all of a "pump up" song that can get everyone pumped.

- It has followed the following process:

1. Initially a vote on the Wanderers reward app allowing users to choose a song of there own liking

2. Public poll on WSW website last week (which was trolled by smurf fans)

3. A private poll that will be sent to fans after the Wellington home game in two weeks time.

- Against Brisbane they used lose yourself & then the AC DC track both of which failed in its purpose.

- This topic has been discussed at length in another thread, link below

http://www.westsydneyfootball.com/topic/5236-anthemwalk-out-song-510-minutes-prior-to-kickoff/#entry223602

Linked to the first page but discussion went right up to yesterday :)

^^^As Prydz says.... it was about this.  I think they have to go back to the drawing board on this one tbh.

Following a process where Members helped form a shortlist, Wanderers fans can now vote for a walk out track at home games.
This is the penultimate voting stage with a final survey to be sent out to Members following our Round 7 game against Wellington Phoenix.

There are options for both a pump-up track (walk out only) or an anthem (for the crowd to sing along with).

To vote: go to our home page on wswanderersfc.com.au, scroll to the bottom and choose your preferred option with the online poll.

Read more at http://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/article/choose-the-walk-out-track-at-wanderland/g6u1ijmx7a4w1rw2cj6olp97u#yfm6BDwsd0dYxqVj.99

I know I go to the football so I can pretend I am in a night club... you should play music through the whole game.
Maybe get rid of the RBB, and have a DJ and giant speakers, and blare out some top 40 hits.

Just make sure you keep using ideas that you see in other sports. The more gimmicky, the better.

Also, disregard whatever the fans want. The last time they had a say, you got stuck with having "Western" in the club's name.

It was an absolute joke how loud the music was yesterday. I'm sat in bay 60 with a group of people and we were shouting at each other to be heard.

The worst thing however was that the music was still being played, just as loud as ever, as the teams kicked off. I didn't even know the RBB were doing anything until the music finally stopped.

The best thing the club can do is turn the music off altogether and let the RBB do their thing.

Dear Club. Keep gentrifying the RBB and banning members you dicks and you will need more than a walk-out song to create 'atmosphere'. Maybe replace the Northern Terrace with a large MTV screen and add Panthers to our name for that 'excitement' factor. Your Field Marshall 'club fan liason' stooge in front of 56 jumps on anyone who makes the slightest movement outside of clapping. Give the capos better megaphones and screw your PA music.

Glorious from the fans. Entire stadium with scarves up.

It's a good dream.

This.

It is the only option.

Sunday's attempt was seriously terrible, and nobody will ever get into that. Great song as it is, it just isn't a walk out song, and neither are any of the other options we were given the privilege to vote on..............except for Glorius

Please WSW, just once, give us, the fans, an opportunity to sing the team onto the stadium with the backing of the north terrace, and without the distorted noise we were subjected to on Sunday.

Please. JUST ONCE!!! Inform the crowd, and put the words on the big screen.

You'll be mightily surprised at the response, and I'm damned sure it will be better received than yesterday's effort.

Glorious from the fans. Entire stadium with scarves up.

It's a good dream.

This.

It is the only option.

Sunday's attempt was seriously terrible, and nobody will ever get into that. Great song as it is, it just isn't a walk out song, and neither are any of the other options we were given the privilege to vote on..............except for Glorius

Please WSW, just once, give us, the fans, an opportunity to sing the team onto the stadium with the backing of the north terrace, and without the distorted noise we were subjected to on Sunday.

Please. JUST ONCE!!! Inform the crowd, and put the words on the big screen.

You'll be mightily surprised at the response, and I'm damned sure it will be better received than yesterday's effort.

The screen is a great idea, something so simple, could be so effective.

Needs to be Glorious (thankyou captain obvious :P)

a chant created by the fans, for the fans, we can actually relate to this chant

no brainer IMO

i thought all the chants were created by the fans, and why would a walk out chant be created for the fans(forgetting the fact that half the fans hate it and it sounds like a dog turd) when its really meant to be for the players and the team

everyone gets behind win or lose but glorious sounds ******* horrible in the stands

Guest mickisnot

What is the arrogance in this thread?? Total hipster snobs the lot of you! "oooh we gotta be different to everyone else"

Why don't we just combine the best of what modern music has to offer with our passion??? huh???

Or is it conforming to hard for you punks? I vote to rewrite Ke$ha - Tik Tok but insert Wanderers themes. Here i'll start...

Wake up in the mornin' out in western sydney..

Got my jersey on, I'm out the door, I'm gonna hit this city..

Before I leave, pack a flare in the side of my pack...

Cause when I leave for the night, I ain't coming back.

I'm talking - scarves around my nose, nose

Flare smoke on my clothes, clothes

Rain wettin up our phones, phones

Scarves up, singing our favourite chantys,

Stickin it to authorities...

Trying to get a little bit tipsy..

What is the arrogance in this thread?? Total hipster snobs the lot of you! "oooh we gotta be different to everyone else"

Why don't we just combine the best of what modern music has to offer with our passion??? huh???

Or is it conforming to hard for you punks? I vote to rewrite Ke$ha - Tik Tok but insert Wanderers themes. Here i'll start...

Wake up in the mornin' out in western sydney..

Got my jersey on, I'm out the door, I'm gonna hit this city..

Before I leave, pack a flare in the side of my pack...

Cause when I leave for the night, I ain't coming back.

I'm talking - scarves around my nose, nose

Flare smoke on my clothes, clothes

Rain wettin up our phones, phones

Scarves up, singing our favourite chantys,

Stickin it to authorities...

Trying to get a little bit tipsy..

We'd have to do the drop out tone on "tip-sy" like slowing the vynil down.

No f...ing music that blows our ears out, I can handle AC DC but not at the football, would love Wendy's idea of the Metallica music intro with images of our boys on the big screen then intro fading then RBB to start singing A Call to Arms loud and proud, with images of our boys plus the words on the big screen in the South terrace.

Just a thought.

I thought this forum voted for Levels by AVICII? Or was that the goal celebration?

Either way, ACDC doesn't really capture the spirit of the match for me... Glorious would be ideal. Just need the stadium to learn it :)

the stadium doesnt want to learn it, literally any other wanderers chant works better