Sign in to follow this  
Cazorla

Western Sydney Wanderers to play Arsenal FC in 2017

You forgot the bit about the return of Dino who scores a hatrick against Gangzhaou in the ACL Final...   :crazy:

18 months away as Wanderer74 said, it's nice surprise on the horizon. 

Can only hope we don't sell Alexis and Ozil by then

Pitch will be rubbish, atmosphere will be rubbish due to pricing, it'll be freezing, Wenger will play U21 team, FFA will get a cut, we'll still be in the ACL, it's in a shite stadium, there'll be paper planes, muppets will do a countdown to the 90 minute mark, players will be playing at 50% so they don't get injured, people will bitch about people standing, etc.

I'll probably still go though

don't forget the incessant cry of "Aussie Aussie Aussie" for the one hit wonders who show up

And the sale of half-half scarves... which I actually did get at the Tottenham game - on request of Mrs. Gazmon.

Not according to this guy

Zc3ieKY.jpg

This guy Karl Pilkington cracks me up everytime hahaha Edited by Hiriser

So this thread had me thinking. Those of you who have a deep support for a European team, who would you support If they play WSW?

For me if Everton played WSW I would support WSW and I have supported Everton since before I was born, but I live here I go every home game. I post complete nonsense on here..

Anyone else, care to make a call?

Edited by StringerBellend

So this thread had me thinking. Those of you who have a deep support for a European team, who would you support If they play WSW?

For me if Everton played WSW I would support WSW and I have supported Everton since before I was born, but I live here I go every home game. I post complete nonsense on here..

Lifelong gooner here. I'll be going for WSW for our game, and the Gunners for the ESFC match.  :grouphug:

Wanderers no question.

They are MINE.

The others aren't, not really.

This absolutely, I haven't lived in West London my whole life.

I have lived in east London

My dad went for the hammers

A childhood friend was part of a family very closely related to the club

The club culture, or at least what it's supposed to be, is one I have affinity with

followed them for almost 25 years

...... but they're still not mine the way the wanderers are.

I have a dream, where we aren't snobbed but created equal with eurosnobs in a world where the a league and epl are seen as equals make this happen popovic as testament to your genius

May the rbb sing louder then the eurosnobs live long and prosper

Wonder if Becs will be 'in' for this game?

Can't wait to see Arsene mugging for the camera saying how much he is looking forward to playing the West Australian Warriors (as commentator John Helm famously called us in last years Club World Cup)

Edited by beatsurrender

Anyone else having problems with emailing WSW about corporate boxes, every second email says restricted.

Corporate boxes huh? You know you're one of my favourite forumites dude! :) I ALWAYS "like" your posts!!!!! :ninja:

The dates are now set.

We play Arsenal on Saturday 15th July, next year.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/04/30/arsenal-announce-dates-next-years-sydney-visit

http://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/726187272144441344/photo/1

The best bit is that ESFC play them 1st,so hopefully most of the flogs/eurosnobs will go to their game.

The dates are now set.

We play Arsenal on Saturday 15th July, next year.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/04/30/arsenal-announce-dates-next-years-sydney-visit

http://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/726187272144441344/photo/1

The best bit is that ESFC play them 1st,so hopefully most of the flogs/eurosnobs will go to their game.

There was talk Sanchez and ozil would be unavailable because of the confederations cup how do the dates lines up .

And this is a dream come true for me so excited

Im a Gunners fan, but WSW have my heart & soul...Wanderers is life itself really. I'll be in WSW colours supporting our boys at this game next year

I've followed united since I was a boy...and I proudly wore wanderers colours only to the All stars game...

(was great to see next years marque play even if it was for only the last 20 mins  :ninja: )

As a WHU fan it will be no problem for me to go against the gunners. But saying that even if the hammers played WSW I will still go for WSW.

Funny how my love for a team for decades has been overtaken by a team that is 4years old.

Ditto for Manchester United. WSW loyalties now supersede my 25 year long support for the Red Devils (probably wouldn't sing '**** OFF UNITED' though)

Edited by Alexander

I've supported Schalke and Newcastle United since I was 9. If either of them came to play WSW I'd always support the Wanderers. I love all three but the feelings I get for the wanderers are feelings I've never had for another team before.

Also if either Partizan or Red Star ever come here I will defecate on anybody wearing their kits. **** those ****s.

Gotta say, I'm disappointed in the prices.

They have made a tiny little half bay at each end that are $39 so that they can advertise that as the cheapest tickets.

$59 for active.

Then the next price is $99, then $129 then $199.

Seriously?

It's about the same ******* cost to go to a World Cup match!

I think there's gonna be a lot of "active" fans at this one. It's such a big jump between active and cat c prices.

That's ridiculous $400 for a family of 4 before transport,snacks and drinks. For a grand final maybe but to watch a team in per season that comes down here for a holiday I don't think so.