Liam Reddy

Date Of Birth: 08/09/1981
Nation: Australia
Birthplace: Sydney, Australia
Squad Number: 30
Position: Goalkeeper
Secondary Positions:

Joined Wanderers: 12/14/2015
Contract Details: One year initial contract.
Contract Finish: 2015/16
Previous Club: Central Coast Mariners
Wanderers Debut: 20th February 2016 vs Sydney FC

Wanderers A-League Appearances: 6
Wanderers A-League Goals: 0

Wanderers ACL Appearances: 0
Wanderers ACL Goals: 0

Wanderers FFA Cup Appearances: 0
Wanderers FFA Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Club World Cup Appearances: 0
Wanderers Club World Cup Goals: 0

Wanderers Total Appearances: 6
Wanderers Total Goals: 0

Yearly Appearances & Goals: 2015/16: 6 (0)

International Team: Australia
International Caps: 0
International Goals: 0

Club Exit Date: 01/01/1970

Individual Awards:

Team Honours:

Highlight:
Highlight:
Highlight:

Description: A veteran goalkeeper with a controversial history, Reddy left Sydney FC, Esteghlal of Iran and the Central Coast Mariners in acrimonious circumstances.

View full record

:bouzanis:

So, ah, what's his situation?

Does anyone else remember that guy at the parramatta forum standing up and saying we should get reddy (think it was right after the plane thing). I think he said he'd written him poetry when he played for the power.

Anyway

Now that's all out of the way

Welcome Liam.

Edited by marron

Well at least the name Reddy will remain synonymous to Parramatta Stadium.

The old man Rod Rocket Reddy is the best athlete out of the whole family

and he and his brother and sister are all professional athletes too.

I think Popa signed him because he wants his kids to eventually sign for us :lol:

The Phantom Biter of Kogarah...

Seeing Reddy Jnr added to our list as a veteran GK makes me feel old...still remember watching his old man run around for Harry Bath Saints back in 77.

Seeing Reddy Jnr added to our list as a veteran GK makes me feel old...still remember watching his old man run around for Harry Bath Saints back in 77.

My old man still has this on vhs

My old man still has this on vhs

Hey NRL lover, wrong thread. Piss that garbage off to your other spank bank thread.  :ninja:

Now look what you started.... SBW and all his NRL arse sniffing, scrummage mates will permeate their filth through the rest of the forum...  :crazy:

WORLD GAME1 hour ago

Reddy says Mariners ousters will be judged

Reddy says Mariners ousters will be judged

by AAP Digital

Republish 0 0 1 shares

Central Coast castaway Liam Reddy is keen to move on with Western Sydney, but not before having a little dig at his former club.

Reddy spent nearly two months in the A-League wilderness after being stood down by the Mariners over alleged disciplinary issues, told he was no longer wanted and eventually released from his contract last week.

Having now signed with the table-topping Wanderers until the end of the season, the veteran goalkeeper is more concerned with chasing silverware than reflecting on the tumultuous period.

However he made a slight reference to his exit from Tony Walmsley's last-placed outfit.

"Obviously with my situation it was a little bit messy there," Reddy told AAP.

"But I've moved on and the people that made those decisions will be judged, probably at the end of the year with where they finish and if it was a right or wrong decision.

"I'm in a different direction at a different club.

"They have come out and said what direction they want to go, and that doesn't involve me anymore so it doesn't really apply to me."

Reddy, who will train with the Wanderers until he's available for selection when the transfer window opens in January, said he's retained some close friends from the Mariners, where he spent two seasons.

His main focus now will be challenging first-choice keeper Andrew Redmayne for a starting spot.

"I'm looking forward now and over the moon," Reddy said.

"I've gone to a team that is top of the table and I feel that is going to bring the best out of me as a player.

"They're a very professional club, and they expect the best."

Don't know what to think of this, if I was the Matiners I'd be pretty pissed if he came out & said this about us

Of course he is going to have a dig. Bridges were burned a very long time ago with how the entire saga went down.The rumour was always that Reddy didn't agree with the coaches philosophy and spoke out against it (probably in the veins of "I don't like conceding. How about we practice defending for once?")

My issue is that he has had issues at two previous clubs, if it doesn't work out will he throw a tantrum & spit the dummy if he doesn't get his way?

There are plenty of ways to show you are dissatisfied with your coach but I don't think questioning your coach infront of the whole team isn't the way to do it. Definitely more dignified ways of going about it & I think his actions were detrimental to the team. The bizarre issue for me is that the whole team plus club seems to be backing the coach, why did Reddy question it early on? Of course now he seems to be vindicated but it just doesn't sit right with me. Doesn't help when we don't have all the facts.

Of course he is going to have a dig. Bridges were burned a very long time ago with how the entire saga went down.The rumour was always that Reddy didn't agree with the coaches philosophy and spoke out against it (probably in the veins of "I don't like conceding. How about we practice defending for once?")

My issue is that he has had issues at two previous clubs, if it doesn't work out will he throw a tantrum & spit the dummy if he doesn't get his way?

If he does, Popa will drop him in a heart beat. Nichols had disciplinary issues, Bridge was accused of not caring, there are others amongst our ranks (past and present) who've had far from perfect records. The difference is the culture at the club and amongst the coaching and playing staff.

There are plenty of ways to show you are dissatisfied with your coach but I don't think questioning your coach infront of the whole team isn't the way to do it. Definitely more dignified ways of going about it & I think his actions were detrimental to the team. The bizarre issue for me is that the whole team plus club seems to be backing the coach, why did Reddy question it early on? Of course now he seems to be vindicated but it just doesn't sit right with me. Doesn't help when we don't have all the facts.

Of course they'll back the coach, Chelsea are still backing Jose (for example). There has to be a show of unity even if there is strong discontent. What do you suggest is a positive/dignified way to show dissatisfaction?