Liam Reddy

mack

Of course he is going to have a dig. Bridges were burned a very long time ago with how the entire saga went down.The rumour was always that Reddy didn't agree with the coaches philosophy and spoke out against it (probably in the veins of "I don't like conceding. How about we practice defending for once?")

My issue is that he has had issues at two previous clubs, if it doesn't work out will he throw a tantrum & spit the dummy if he doesn't get his way?

If he does, Popa will drop him in a heart beat. Nichols had disciplinary issues, Bridge was accused of not caring, there are others amongst our ranks (past and present) who've had far from perfect records. The difference is the culture at the club and amongst the coaching and playing staff.

There are plenty of ways to show you are dissatisfied with your coach but I don't think questioning your coach infront of the whole team isn't the way to do it. Definitely more dignified ways of going about it & I think his actions were detrimental to the team. The bizarre issue for me is that the whole team plus club seems to be backing the coach, why did Reddy question it early on? Of course now he seems to be vindicated but it just doesn't sit right with me. Doesn't help when we don't have all the facts.Of course they'll back the coach, Chelsea are still backing Jose (for example). There has to be a show of unity even if there is strong discontent. What do you suggest is a positive/dignified way to show dissatisfaction?

Chelsea with Jose is an exception to the rule, had this been anyone but Jose they would have been sacked. The way they are playing right now is unacceptable & it is clear that he has no answers. I'd compare CCM to the way that Burnley stuck with Sean Diche last season but at least they had a plan or a vision of what they wanted to achieve. I'd argue that CCM is a different kettle of fish.

100% agree, if you're not happy with the way the club is going you need to show unity at least on the outer shell. Well it depends:

- I think it is up to the coach to sell his vision to the players

- In this situation it appears everyone is on board with Reddy appearing the only one to speak out, if he had the senior players on board & the majority of the squad he can approach the owner but this was not the case.

- If it was just Reddy, you approach the coach after training & talk it through. The coach needs to convince the player of what he is trying to achieve. He could have also approached the owner but a loan voice doesn't carry much weight. The other problem in this case, was it was a directive from the fans/club that they play this way.

- As a last resort I'd put in a transfer request & if that failed ask for my contract to be terminated. If I was that angry/frustrated at the way the team was playing, manager couldn't communicate to his vision to Reddy, the owner/management would not listen then I see this as the only course of action.

Of course he is going to have a dig. Bridges were burned a very long time ago with how the entire saga went down.The rumour was always that Reddy didn't agree with the coaches philosophy and spoke out against it (probably in the veins of "I don't like conceding. How about we practice defending for once?")

My issue is that he has had issues at two previous clubs, if it doesn't work out will he throw a tantrum & spit the dummy if he doesn't get his way?

Kalac has worked with Reddy in the past. Our coaching staff know what they are getting themselves into.

A few months ago people were howling and screaming because we added a supposedly sub standard goalkeeper to Deano (who was far from convincing in the few games he played for us).

Now we signed a top HAL goalkeeper to our squad. Hallelujah for that. Regardless of who is No 1: we won't have to worry any longer should Redders pick up an injury.

Typical WSW transfer.

Well at least the name Reddy will remain synonymous to Parramatta Stadium.

The old man Rod Rocket Reddy is the best athlete out of the whole family

The Phantom Biter of Kogarah...

Seeing Reddy Jnr added to our list as a veteran GK makes me feel old...still remember watching his old man run around for Harry Bath Saints back in 77.

My old man still has this on vhs

Hey NRL lover, wrong thread. Piss that garbage off to your other spank bank thread.  :ninja:

Well at least the name Reddy will remain synonymous to Parramatta Stadium.

The old man Rod Rocket Reddy is the best athlete out of the whole family

The Phantom Biter of Kogarah...

Seeing Reddy Jnr added to our list as a veteran GK makes me feel old...still remember watching his old man run around for Harry Bath Saints back in 77.

Now look what you started.... SBW and all his NRL arse sniffing, scrummage mates will permeate their filth through the rest of the forum...  :crazy:

Yeah well... tough ****... I am still going to infest some pro-RL stuff on this forum just to piss you off  :crazy:

Edited by SBW
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not buying that's a real letter or notes. The amount of spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes in that document is just unbelievable.

What professional counsellor or coach would use terms like "taking the piss" or "stuffing up"? And isn't Teamwork and Works For The Team the same thing?  :huh: 

Even the formatting is weird. You don't write in numbered paragraphs like that unless you're lawyer, academic or a police officer. Or trying to sound legit  :ninja: 

I know the Mariners are skimp but come on, there's no way a professional sporting team would hire someone like that.

It looks like someone wanted to set Reddy up and decided to string some words together that sounded like something a counsellor would say and what they imagine a difficult Reddy being like at training. 

Don't get me wrong, Reddy may be exactly like this but these notes aren't real. I'm #TeamRedmayne so I hope Reddy doesn't get any game time, but at least give the bloke a chance to show he can work with the team and put in the hard yards Popa demands before hanging him up in the town square.  

Team building exercises are usually run by wankers and failures who come in on some kind of over the top retainer, usually because someone higher up the food change has read a Harvard Business School book and thinks 'I know...let's make our employees build a pontoon bridge out of paddlepop sticks', all in some numb-nutted quest to make everyone feel better plus give the impression that managers are 'managing'.

Swift & Shift Couriers got it right:

Yeah it looks like a wind up. The indent of the nine behaviours changes half way through and some have a comma after them while others don't.

Then again, the Mariners have taken a stance of entertainment over performance...

True Manfred, very true.

I'm looking at that report knowing he won't be able to get away with 1% of it with us, and chances are he'll be a completely different person now he's second fiddle to Redders.

Might have just needed a sea change (boom tish) - happens where I work all the time.

Edited by hawks2767
  • 1 month later...

Id say that Reddy is a seasoned veteran compared to Redmayne, never last season did I feel anxious when Covic had the ball/ played it out from the back. The amount of times Redmayne has nervously distributed it out just narrorwly missing the oppositions forwards is crazy, sooner or later he's gonna pay for it.

Should of kept him another season, been doing well for the Glory.

Id say that Reddy is a seasoned veteran compared to Redmayne, never last season did I feel anxious when Covic had the ball/ played it out from the back. The amount of times Redmayne has nervously distributed it out just narrorwly missing the oppositions forwards is crazy, sooner or later he's gonna pay for it.

Actually Redmayne's hesitation in distributing the ball has cost us possession on numerous occasions as it allows the opposition more time  to set their defensive line particularly their forwards. Just look at how much better the likes of Sorensen are. Do we know if Reddy will be an improvement in this area?

Actually Redmayne's hesitation in distributing the ball has cost us possession on numerous occasions as it allows the opposition more time  to set their defensive line particularly their forwards. Just look at how much better the likes of Sorensen are. Do we know if Reddy will be an improvement in this area?

Can't see it being any worse tbh

Not sure why popa is persisting with him, sure he's had some good games but if I'm remembering more howlers than good moments, shits not right