RBB Attending Youth,W-league &Power chair

Couldn't find anywhere relevant to post this so opened a new topic.

Any chance of this coming back  both the w-league and the power chair games  i would see as great success (bar the obvious banning issues).

was a ball getting out there and getting behind these teams and also an excellent chance for new chants, to mix things up and something to do other then sit on our asses sinking beers at the collector or at home for away games. is there any particular reason we have only done this twice? and is there any chance of this becoming a yearly tradition (once to each team or one team each year in rotation).  

I'd like to point out that there was the RBBBQ at Magic Park earlier this season, before the Wanderers v Newcastle Jets game - in which many RBB (& Wanderers fans in general) were in attendance of the Ladies Wanderers v Newcastle match.

As much as it wasn't chanting non-stop for 90 minutes - the support was still there in the thousands, and we still all went crazy when we scored!! 

Edited by 102megan

I'd like to point out that there was the RBBBQ at Magic Park earlier this season, before the Wanderers v Newcastle Jets game - in which many RBB (& Wanderers fans in general) were in attendance of the Ladies Wanderers v Newcastle match.

As much as it wasn't chanting non-stop for 90 minutes - the support was still there in the thousands, and we still all went crazy when we scored!! 

yeah and that whole day was awesome but i am talking more about going purely for them when we have an away game but one of these teams play at home just to purely go to support them. take nothing away from newcastle away or the work put in to organize it but that is the question i am asking why have we not done it again? is it because it is to hard to organize so we take the opportunity when we could i.e the newcastle trip, or is it security issues, or time or money??  

It's just the core RBB who haven't come out and said 'ok we're turning up to this W League match' - if they did that everyone would.

exactly my point. a few still attended the power chairs games after the original but numbers dipped and then just died off. if once a year or something the core said (similar to a tour of duty's) alright this date we play Adelaide away so we are going to go down to a w-league derby etc we would get alot more numbers. plus as i said would give us a good opportunity to try different or new chants bring people who are thinking about joining the rbb but may not be able to get tickets to a-league games etc

is there anyone who can actually answer the above?? core members started failing away from this forum a long time ago but the last we had was dukes and i havnt seen him on for weeks. has this forum now lost all reputation and just become a place to go to talk **** and waste time? when this forum first opened there was plenty of dialogue between the core and other rbb members and side stands, the good old days before dating & epl threads were the main attractions (we cant even open an rbb suggestions and ideas thread with out the **** derailing)

I take the point of your questions and I can't answer them lol, but .....

If anyone really wants to go to the Powerchair or W-League to support the lads, then just head out and do it.

Wasn't able to do it last season but will defs be at the Powerchair more often this season, RBB or not.

But again ...... I know what you were saying, not trying to be smart arsed  :)

last year a sort of tour of duty was organised to go see the powerchair match, but it fell during the time of the ICC cup thing being played down in Melbourne so numbers were not as strong.

When the calendar comes up this year its up to us to set in a date as fans and mark it in our calendar. Between forum and facebook also twitter etc we can all contribute to doing random attending these matches including the fading but still hope of the Fustal league development.

Powerchair wise with right time and planning could easily get 20-30 people to attend which will be great and hopefully bring fans back on a regular basis.

We already have available wanderers members discounts club cards from the early days held with negotiations with lone pine tavern at rooty hill for after drinks/feed which on many occasions the players have come down along with staff/family and members of WSW.

:flag:

its all about time. a lot of the youth games, w league games,power chair games are middle of the day and sometimes double up with a leage games. People work and have families so commiting to all of them is just so hard

As many have mentioned here - you don't need an official media release by RBB social media accounts to attend these. if you want to go....then go and make some atmosphere

its all about time. a lot of the youth games, w league games,power chair games are middle of the day and sometimes double up with a leage games. People work and have families so commiting to all of them is just so hard

As many have mentioned here - you don't need an official media release by RBB social media accounts to attend these. if you want to go....then go and make some atmosphere

as i stated early many have mad the trips to several of these games however the Numbers are slim all i was asking was why do we not have an official trip as it would bring a lot more supporters but the explanation is fair enough the commitment you guys put in week in week out behind the scenes i dont think is ever commended enough. cheers for the response  

To answer the question somewhat, the RBB have multiple avenues you can approach them directly. Facebook & Twitter being the main ways. 

I look at it like would anyone go to the RBB facebook page and ask a question about this forum?

this forum has always been a platform for Rbb discussion (hense the subforum). all i was stating is that for some reason it no longer is, seems they core is sick of putting time in to visit this sight as every second comments is flares, dating or derail of a genuine thread. (im not knocking the work you do mack the work you put it in the reason i continue to donate every year) all im saying is it seems as far as discussions involving the rbb the core has given up because a serious discussion can not be had with out stupid comments etc etc

Quite a few have been banned too don't forget that, they might have found other things to occupy the weekends.

It feels like the RBB is in a transition phase, we need some momentum.

i feel like it is quiet and not much going on in all aspects of the terrace purely because of the energy and time that went in to the ffa & police issues lol ... that tired me out and i didnt even do anything 

Quite a few have been banned too don't forget that, they might have found other things to occupy the weekends.

It feels like the RBB is in a transition phase, we need some momentum.

i feel like it is quiet and not much going on in all aspects of the terrace purely because of the energy and time that went in to the ffa & police issues lol ... that tired me out and i didnt even do anything

Dont forget the police issues which was closely followed by the boycotts, was impossible to keep up with everything as almost every day there would be another big development!

Would the RBB be out to support WSW NPL side in the off season this year?

i cant speak for everyone but i will definitely be attending as many as i can 

but united away and a full away end at edensor park...

:stonedtrifiro:

LOL @ the photo.

Hopefully you have a strong enough side to get promoted :good:

i cant speak for everyone but i will definitely be attending as many as i can 

but united away and a full away end at edensor park...

:stonedtrifiro:

LOL @ the photo.

Hopefully you have a strong enough side to get promoted :good:

either promotion or the A-league side meets untied in the cup i will accept either. 

I imagine it will be difficult, very hard for those playing park football to get to every game.

The joys of what we go through year in year out.

but we still make it work somehow...

• 3 months later...